Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

LCFC V Villa Post Match

8 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Yes, beat Roma in that 3rd rate European competition for teams not good enough for the competition that West Ham are in the semi-finals of.

Honestly, somebody needs to explain to me why the Europa Conference League suddenly has importance to some people when nobody even knew what it was 6 months ago. It probably won’t even exist in 15 years - when Forest fans will be goading us for finishing above us every year. And that is a distinct possibility given the trajectory of both clubs and whilst we let an Iago-like character such as Rodgers manipulate the fan base and become a stagnant, complacent mess of underachievement like Everton are.

Even if match after match of negative, outdated, regressive, turgid football isn’t enough for you to turn on this manager, the fact that we are behind Newcastle surely is.

Any European away trip beats and any domestic away trip 

🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

6 hours ago, blueharmie said:

Well said. The blinkers are on for our fans. You can see this by the fact people are willing to part with £35 for a third tier European game, yes its a semi wow. 

Get us into the Europa, and would be winners of an inaugural European competition. Sounds decent.

Genuinely believe Kitchandro is a fiishing wind up merchant?  Away at wonderful places such as Rennes, Randers, PSV Eindhoven, savouring the atmosphere in the pubs, n places before the games and at the matches themselves.....

A chance of a European Cup recognised the world over, a place in the Europa next season.

A chance to go to a City called Rome to play in a European Semi final and he calls it tinpot.  

Cant believe the man is a Leicester fan at all.     (See I took the clickbait lol).

3 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Genuinely believe Kitchandro is a fiishing wind up merchant?  Away at wonderful places such as Rennes, Randers, PSV Eindhoven, savouring the atmosphere in the pubs, n places before the games and at the matches themselves.....

A chance of a European Cup recognised the world over, a place in the Europa next season.

A chance to go to a City called Rome to play in a European Semi final and he calls it tinpot.  

Cant believe the man is a Leicester fan at all.     (See I took the clickbait lol).

....we have lucked out in this!!!

The quality of the teams who have ended up contesting this trophy are of such a prestige that it affords us to overlook where we are. Playing in Europe for a club starved of the opportunity for too long, is something we look to cherish, as it may never come our way again. Should we have drawn teams so far removed from the elite leagues, there would still be an acknowledgement of European football but the demand would not be so great,(even derided by some), even if it afforded us the chance to play Europa League next season.

UEFA has by luck found a format that has created a situation, where a competition has teams that are not far behind Champions League prestige. 

We will  take the trophy, and run!!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

Of course we all want to win the Conference. No one is saying otherwise. If we end up beating four (starting with Rennes) decent European teams and lifting a trophy that will be a cause for celebration. No question. 

But neither should we kid ourselves. The tournament was regarded as a sick UEFA joke when it first arrived - Spurs got out of it as fast  as they could. I doubt they’d be pushing so hard for top 4 if they were schlepping around Europe most Thursdays. But perhaps most crucially of all, we only qualified for it by being so poor in the EL Group stages. In the cold light of day  we’ve “qualified” by winning only two games in the group stage of the EL. And if it were any other club I’d be dismissive of them winning a trophy after such a pitiful group stage performance.

People though the same thing about European football in general when it started in the 1950s.

Take it you will not be joining in the celebrations if we win it?

Edited by coolhandfox

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People though the same thing about European football in general when it started in the 1950s.

Take it you will not be joining in the celebrations if we win it?

Champions league standard point-missing there cool hand,

First thing I say is it will be an achievement, a cause for celebration. 

And what people thought about European competition 70 years ago, when there was no European competition, is completely different to a situation where European competition is a routine, substantial and expanding part of the football fixture list. Those greedy incompetents at UEFA will be delighted that fans are taking to the Conference League, that you’re more excited by playing Rennes than Southampton because that’s what they have wanted all along. 

How do you expand a lucrative competition when some teams inevitably lose in it? You allow the losers back in - by having another competition or allowing a historical coefficient to determine the outcome. Hotel California created in Zürich and lapped up by the fans until a trip to Eindhoven becomes a bit routine and boring. Then what? A world club trophy played In Qatar between. June and December?

9 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Champions league standard point-missing there cool hand,

First thing I say is it will be an achievement, a cause for celebration. 

Sorry don't understand that bit.

And what people thought about European competition 70 years ago, when there was no European competition, is completely different to a situation where European competition is a routine, substantial and expanding part of the football fixture list. Those greedy incompetents at UEFA will be delighted that fans are taking to the Conference League, that you’re more excited by playing Rennes than Southampton because that’s what they have wanted all along. 

Not sure why you have gone down the root of greedy and money, when no one has mention it, I was responding to the notion that it seen as a joke competition.  

How do you expand a lucrative competition when some teams inevitably lose in it? You allow the losers back in - by having another competition or allowing a historical coefficient to determine the outcome. Hotel California created in Zürich and lapped up by the fans until a trip to Eindhoven becomes a bit routine and boring. Then what? A world club trophy played In Qatar between. June and December?

So sport should never evolve?  

Competitions live or die on the back of fans interest, if no fans were interested in the CL it wouldn't exist, Same with the ECL, fan like it, it will grow if they don't it will die. 

1,789,839 million fans has attended ECL games this season (13,258 per match), that pretty good for what seen as a poor man competition, when you compare it to the other competitions and leagues around the world. 

Other Euro Comps

Champion League 29,067

Europa League 19,871

Europe Leagues:

Eredivisie 13,612

Bundesliga 23,723

Serie A 25,481

Ligue 1 16,443

Liga Nos 16,443

• Like 1

The very basis of the Conference League has little to do with greed either. There are a number of clubs from lesser nations who will have got a sum of money they never would have ever before in the European competitions. The competition still needs a Rome or a Tottenham to help with the TV deal and gives clubs such as Bodo Glimt a realistic aim. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Sorry don't understand that bit.

Not sure why you have gone down the root of greedy and money, when no one has mention it, I was responding to the notion that it seen as a joke competition.  

So sport should never evolve?  

Competitions live or die on the back of fans interest, if no fans were interested in the CL it wouldn't exist, Same with the ECL, fan like it, it will grow if they don't it will die. 

1,789,839 million fans has attended ECL games this season (13,258 per match), that pretty good for what seen as a poor man competition, when you compare it to the other competitions and leagues around the world. 

Other Euro Comps

Champion League 29,067

Europa League 19,871

Europe Leagues:

Eredivisie 13,612

Bundesliga 23,723

Serie A 25,481

Ligue 1 16,443

Liga Nos 16,443

Erm , where to start ? 

You questioned whether I’d be joining in any celebrations as I was prepared to question the level of achievement implicit in winning  the Conference when my post explicitly stated that it would be a cause for celebration..not least because of the calibre and status of the teams we will have beaten in the latter stages to do so.

Neither am I saying that the EL Conference hasn’t been popular - up to a point. What I am saying is that putting aside Leicester!s involvement - do we really, in the cold light of day, need a European competition for the teams who finish third in their EL qualifying group? Or is it really just another way of overloading the fixture list with pay per  view matches between teams who otherwise would not normally play one another? 

1 hour ago, smudgerfox said:

Erm , where to start ? 

You questioned whether I’d be joining in any celebrations as I was prepared to question the level of achievement implicit in winning  the Conference when my post explicitly stated that it would be a cause for celebration..not least because of the calibre and status of the teams we will have beaten in the latter stages to do so.

No the bit I didn't understand was the "Champions league standard" part.

1 hour ago, smudgerfox said:

Neither am I saying that the EL Conference hasn’t been popular - up to a point. What I am saying is that putting aside Leicester!s involvement - do we really, in the cold light of day, need a European competition for the teams who finish third in their EL qualifying group? Or is it really just another way of overloading the fixture list with pay per  view matches between teams who otherwise would not normally play one another? 

It not a competition for that, it's to give teams of smaller nation outside the top leagues a taste of European football and helps grow the game.

Whether the 3rd place teams should be involved is another debate, same with the 3rd place teams in the CL going in the EL.

2 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

Erm , where to start ? 

If pay-tv, is the creative child, so what…It builds up the terrace fans count.

one thing is for sure IMO, without it..We wouldn’t have Maddison,Tielemans,Fofana,etc,etc…nor would we have our owners,who’s interest would of been fired because what Pay-tv brought to the PL…

Nice to have wicked uncles to blame, but without first Sky, then the others who feed off the whole idea ,Leicester & others wouldn’t have had that lift up,

to esteem to be higher,whether just the chance to play yo-yo-  PL ,like Norwich,Hull & old traditional clubs to hold on. Old Champions not dying & fading,but having another crack…Like Burnley,Wolves,Blackburn..

LCFC to become thorns between Top 6 fallen roses…

I am for one happy that Fred‘s Hell-drivers haulage company are no longer 

our sponsor…

Fans are as a collective hypocritical, accept the kitch & positives out of what modern investment & sponsorship brings to them & their club,but when opponent Clubs ride the same horse, they have sold themselves to demons,devils

& beelzebub.

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

It not a competition for that, it's to give teams of smaller nation outside the top leagues a taste of European football and helps grow the game.

So it’s a PR and equal opportunities exercise not a serious contest of footballing excellence then ….

Some of these posts are genuinely infuriating.

The only reason anyone is at all bothered about the league as a Leicester fan is because we might qualify for Europe again - qualifying for Europe and/or winning trophies is literally the pinnacle for a team like us, apart from a one-off, never-to-happen-again event like 2016. European nights under the lights are the very best of football for a team like us.

So here's a European semi-final, a chance to win a trophy, a chance to qualify for Europe again next season, a game against a team with huge European stature in one of Europe's iconic football stadiums. And people aren't bothered?

It's massively embarrassing and frankly inexcusable we've not sold the ground out (yes cost of living etc. but demand should be outweighing supply for this nevertheless). It's embarrassing the numbers that turned up for Randers, Rennes and PSV at home. This is as good as it gets! We dreamed of playing in Europe when we were stuck playing utter crap under Levein, Holloway etc. for years, and some of us saw the 80s and early 90s too.

I think people have genuinely, genuinely lost their minds if finishing 7th in the league (which by the way, qualifies you for this competition again!) matters more than not just a domestic semi-final, but one in Europe. And if the future of the manager (which doesn't need to be considered until the end of the season at the very earliest) is at the forefront of your mind instead, you have got to remember why we are here. We are not here to moan about whoever the club employs and why, we're here to watch 11 blokes in blue try and win for us on a big stage. Anyone who doesn't get that is a very disturbed individual

• Like 3