Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

LCFC V Villa Post Match

ArsenalAston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea, Coventry City, Crystal PalaceEverton, Ipswich Town, Leeds UnitedLiverpoolManchester CityManchester United, Middlesbrough, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Oldham Athletic, Queens Park Rangers, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, SouthamptonTottenham Hotspur, and Wimbledon.

Look how some clubs have fallen since 1992

• Like 1

When did the Villa match thread get merged with the conference league thread? 

I'll add my 2p worth anyway. We need to enjoy the conference league as we are hideous in the league and that isn't going to change anytime soon. The players will be up for the semis against Roma but we are just going though the motions in the league now. 

Anybody dismissing the conference league sounds like a "big 6" fan. Any other team in England would be delighted to win it. I bet even spurs would be delighted seeing as they haven't won a trophy in decades, but they even managed to cock it up. 

Whilst Randers were a bag of turd, Rennes, PSV and Roma plus Marseille and Feyenoord are all big European clubs. Not the clubs they once were, and not quite good enough for the champions league, but still good sides, with good pedigree and these kind of teams make it an interesting tournament. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Some of these posts are genuinely infuriating.

The only reason anyone is at all bothered about the league as a Leicester fan is because we might qualify for Europe again - qualifying for Europe and/or winning trophies is literally the pinnacle for a team like us, apart from a one-off, never-to-happen-again event like 2016. European nights under the lights are the very best of football for a team like us.

So here's a European semi-final, a chance to win a trophy, a chance to qualify for Europe again next season, a game against a team with huge European stature in one of Europe's iconic football stadiums. And people aren't bothered?

It's massively embarrassing and frankly inexcusable we've not sold the ground out (yes cost of living etc. but demand should be outweighing supply for this nevertheless). It's embarrassing the numbers that turned up for Randers, Rennes and PSV at home. This is as good as it gets! We dreamed of playing in Europe when we were stuck playing utter crap under Levein, Holloway etc. for years, and some of us saw the 80s and early 90s too.

I think people have genuinely, genuinely lost their minds if finishing 7th in the league (which by the way, qualifies you for this competition again!) matters more than not just a domestic semi-final, but one in Europe. And if the future of the manager (which doesn't need to be considered until the end of the season at the very earliest) is at the forefront of your mind instead, you have got to remember why we are here. We are not here to moan about whoever the club employs and why, we're here to watch 11 blokes in blue try and win for us on a big stage. Anyone who doesn't get that is a very disturbed individual

Read the posts, there are fans that wan't to get tickets and fill the ground but can't due to the clubs sales tactics.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Read the posts, there are fans that wan't to get tickets and fill the ground but can't due to the clubs sales tactics.

While I agree the club have done it poorly, I would be interested to know how many of our 23k STHs have bothered either way because it isn't as many as it should be

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Do you do the same when we are knock out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round or the League Cup in the 2nd?

When we are not in the Europa League is that a joke?

Chelsea fans had the same snobbery about the Europa league, look at them celebrate just the same as if they had win the CL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwMMAPdPbGo

If we get to Albania and lift the trophy you don't think Spurs will thinking it could have been them? 

Take look at the site, you think the likes of these wouldn't love to win it? The will all do the same with the league cup, its a joke until they win it. 

https://lastwonatrophy.co.uk/

Spurs 14 Years

Villa 26 Years

Leeds 29 years

Palace 31 Years

West Ham 41 Years 

Wolves 42 years 

Newcastle 66 years 

Making a joke of a competition another club wins is a self-defense mechanism, normal because you haven't won anything. 

Man U, Spurs use to joke about Arsenal and getting 4th and celebrating, what do you think they will do if they get 4th this season?

Yes but be honest it's trumped up competition designed just to wring more money out of the punters. Remember the European cup when it was proper knockout competition ? oh but then too many big teams got knocked out too quick , so they changed it to give the big teams a second bite of the apple. then they changed it so that even if a big club still got knocked out they could then drop into the Europa league. Then surprise surprise this year they shifted it again so if you got knocked out of the Europa league you could drop into this nonsense. Some people just don't know when they are being had that's all.:D

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yes but be honest it's trumped up competition designed just to wring more money out of the punters. Remember the European cup when it was proper knockout competition ? oh but then too many big teams got knocked out too quick , so they changed it to give the big teams a second bite of the apple. then they changed it so that even if a big club still got knocked out they could then drop into the Europa league. Then surprise surprise this year they shifted it again so if you got knocked out of the Europa league you could drop into this nonsense. Some people just don't know when they are being had that's all.:D

I personally like having 3 European competitions as I grew up with the European Cup, UEFA Cup and Cup Winner Cup.

I also like the groups stages as when we qualified under MO for the UEFA Cup in 97, 2000 we got beaten in round 1 twice and I only got to see us play two European teams , I like watching us play team we haven't played before like Braga, Slavia Prague, Randers, Roma et al. 

Do I agree with the 3rd place team getting another chance? No, but everyone entered all 3 UEFA competitions understanding the rules at the start.

My suggestion is if you don't like it, don't watch it. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I personally like having 3 European competitions as I grew up with the European Cup, UEFA Cup and Cup Winner Cup.

I also like the groups stages as when we qualified under MO for the UEFA Cup in 97, 2000 we got beaten in round 1 twice and I only got to see us play two European teams , I like watching us play team we haven't played before like Braga, Slavia Prague, Randers, Roma et al. 

Do I agree with the 3rd place team getting another chance? No, but everyone entered all 3 UEFA competitions understanding the rules at the start.

My suggestion is if you don't like it, don't watch it. 

Thank you for your suggestion I'll take you up on it.:thumbup:

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

It's sold out....