Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

LCFC V Villa Post Match

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Was Puel ‘s tenure as manager any worse than this ? I’ve successfully expunged it from my memory but it would have to be desperately poor to be worse than this period under Rodgers 

at least Puel brought in some quality players even if his style was similar.

6 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

KDH is having to win tackles, run past a couple of players, then cross from wide. You may as well get him to run in for his own cross and head it to goal. 

He is, and he's great but he's spending far too much time doing it on the wing when he needs to be finding space more central and near the striker. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Was Puel ‘s tenure as manager any worse than this ? I’ve successfully expunged it from my memory but it would have to be desperately poor to be worse than this period under Rodgers 

Puel was worse. I'm still traumatised by it. 

• Thanks 2

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Adrian said:

Have we still got loads of injuries?..That's 270 minutes of tripe

We haven't, but we can use the excuse of players getting back to fitness for the next twelve months to cover up BR's management deficiencies

A point is a point I suppose. The league season is dead.

Great to see Vardy back and hope he starts against Roma.

KDH, Tielemans, Maddison and Lookman all playing deep into the game is a bit of a worry. I hope they're all in top condition for Thursday. At least we don't have to travel and have an extra day's rest compared to the build-up to most other European games.

• Like 1

Playing Daka, Vardy, Iheanacho, Barnes or Lookman even as a lone  striker ain't gonna work. Yet so many on here worship at "the one up top " altar with Two "wingers". Well this is what you get. If we sign Haarland , then maybe but  otherwise no.

Edited by An Sionnach

Absolute honker. Villa we’re dreadful so again waking away pretty pissed off. 

This 4-3-3 needs to be scrapped, the three CM, may work well together, but it completely removes any attack. Maddison can’t be left on the right, he’s being wasted, and whoever is the striker just gets completely isolated. 

Brendans got to grow some balls and just leave one of those three CM out and try something different, it simply isn’t working. 

Third PL game in a row playing a completely shocking team, and let them take something.