Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

LCFC V Villa Post Match

What a miserable game. We looked so bad going forward. Villa played for a draw and Ashley Young is a c**t. 

Absolutely no threat going forward. Why does he keep playing playing Maddison wide. He is wasted out there. 

No idea why we were so negative. Complete waste of an afternoon. 

• Like 1

A moment to appreciate Villa. Most pathetic and blatant display of Gamesmanship and time wasting I've seen from any team down here in years. They'd settled for a draw after a quarter of an hour. Apart from Buendia's effort, I can't actually remember them doing anything except run down the clock second half.

It's just a shame that we were so toothless that we had no answer for their low block. 

Whatever. Pretty obvious the Conference League is our season now. :scarf:

Enjoy these league dead-rubbers for the pint-necking exercises they are, and spare a thought for Villa fans if that's the standard of footy they can expect under Gerrard. :beer:

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Was that the same Leon Bailey that many wanted us to sign for big money? Not impressed, lucky escape on that showing. 

Their summer business was awful. All that money on ings who's done nothing. Watkins is good though.

13 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Was Puel ‘s tenure as manager any worse than this ? I’ve successfully expunged it from my memory but it would have to be desperately poor to be worse than this period under Rodgers 

We've basically come full circle in 3 years. Similar position in the league, playing a similar style of football. At least we had some good times in-between.

• Like 2

Wonder who'll be to blame for that today. 

Certainly won't be Rodgers. 

The last three games should have been nine points and us looking at the league seriously. What a terrible mentality to not have taken more on this run of easy games. 

• Like 2

Premier League best in the world this, best in the world that. Absolutely laughable. Bar Liverpool and Man City the standard in this league is up and down at best. Two very poor teams on show today, if that was a fixture in the Champo you wouldn’t question any different. They were ****ing shit and I don’t think we were much better. 

• Like 1

Generally I feel our build up play is too predictable as we seem to always try and play to those flanks ending in either getting isolated or a cross that doesn't get past the second man. It would be so great if we would utilize those pockets of space/ breaking the lines through the central area thus allowing us to create a larger range of chances. But certainly Maddison placed into his preferred no 10 is a must to enable this.

30 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If we were that focused on Roma then rest players, if we're gonna play so passively regardless.

Rodgers usual trick is to throw someone straight in when back from injury and give them a full game. He didn’t do that with Vardy and besides he rested Barnes and Evans. It’s not like we are doing to play a full u23 team today. We had a Saturday game and the games isn’t until Thursday. That’s manageable for some of the younger players..

Edited by MPH