Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

LCFC V Villa Post Match

10 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I doubt we'll even get on MOTD tonight. But I've found some positives. 1. No injuries, 2. Vardy had a little run out, 3. We didn't concede in injury time.

Im hoping they don’t show it on MOTD …. Just too negative and tedious!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

Premier League best in the world this, best in the world that. Absolutely laughable. Bar Liverpool and Man City the standard in this league is up and down at best. Two very poor teams on show today, if that was a fixture in the Champo you wouldn’t question any different. They were ****ing shit and I don’t think we were much better. 

Echo this completely..

I've said so many times that whilst we have been inconsistent this season, 17 other clubs have been aswell, apart from the obvious 2 of Man City and Liverpool, everyone else have been neither here nor there, it's been for me one of the worst premier League campaigns I can remember for a long time from most teams

• Like 2

Can only echo the others that said if we'd just been able to take the last 7 days seriously, we'd be looking over the shoulder of the top 6 - with games in hand too. But no, our passionless negative bottlers, stemming from that man at the top, have let that one pass them by.

Now we rest everything on a super difficult tie against Roma, that we go into with absolutely no form at all. So I don't hold out much hope. 

As is most often the case under Rodgers, we're petering out again as the season goes on.  Only this time we'll be bottom half and nothing to show for it.

Simply nowhere near good enough, and the football isnt even entertaining either.  

Maybe this is where we belong and we should be happy, but I'm not.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

“The Leicester players keep the ball and are exchanging a combination of passes. They are waiting for gaps in the defence to open up.

64% possession and only 4 shots is not good enough AGAIN, when are we going to stop waiting and try to make something happen

Yes, but it’s all about possession innit?  In real terms we won because we had the ball more. You never win owt if you don’t boss possession. It is the B all and fuchin end all. Relax. We’re massive. Only just behind Newcastle. 

Guest Col city fan

That was boring garbage tbf but I think it has to be seen in context.

Any interest we had in the league is long gone. Rodgers has put his eggs into the one basket of trying to win the Europa Conference and I suppose you can’t blame him.

Where this place will erupt is if we now crash out to Roma. I think many are accepting of performances like today because we know we are prioritising the Roma game. But if we now go and bow out of that tournament I doubt people will be so understanding.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
13 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

This is my serious worry

Turn up like that on Thursday and it might not even be worth flying out for the second leg 

If that's your attitude then don't bother.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Any interest we had in the league is long gone. Rodgers has put his eggs into the one basket of trying to win the Europa Conference and I suppose you can’t blame him.

Where this place will erupt is if we now crash out to Roma. I think many are accepting of performances like today because we know we are prioritising the Roma game. But if we now go and bow out of that tournament I doubt people will be so understanding.

Every club in the country would do the same tbf but we probably don’t view it the same. 

Only slight thing I can’t work out is the repeated selection to some of the players but Saturday to Thursday is a decent rest 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If he'd seriously prioritised the Roma game, he'd have rested a few today. 

The bloke is now hopeless. 

• Like 2

I like Daka but.. he really got bullied in that game and spent a lot of time moaning. Perhaps he next season he will hit his stride. Loved Lookman's attitude, he was well up for it. Him and KDH and Madders to an extent have that spirit that we so desperately need, just didn't connect today.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Need to move Maddison into the 10, and get a decent right winger this summer. We’re far too predictable at the minute. 

Has shored us up defensively, but we need more of an attacking threat for sure.

Really good point.

I'm definitely not advocating for Rodgers out, he's allowed one underwhelming season after the heady success he's brought the club but I am concerned with his obsession with possession. Possession means nothing when it's so stale. Like you say, I'd change the formation and put players in their beat positions. Maddison is our most lethal attacking threat - he is neutered by being on the right 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Can only echo the others that said if we'd just been able to take the last 7 days seriously, we'd be looking over the shoulder of the top 6 - with games in hand too. But no, our passionless negative bottlers, stemming from that man at the top, have let that one pass them by.

Now we rest everything on a super difficult tie against Roma, that we go into with absolutely no form at all. So I don't hold out much hope. 

As is most often the case under Rodgers, we're petering out again as the season goes on.  Only this time we'll be bottom half and nothing to show for it.

Simply nowhere near good enough, and the football isnt even entertaining either.  

Maybe this is where we belong and we should be happy, but I'm not.

....it will be a different attitude and resolve on Thursday!!!

Our performance will bear little resemblance, of what transpired today. The players are up for this and individually will manage the game and themselves, they want this, as much as we do.