Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

LCFC V Villa Post Match

22 minutes ago, MPH said:

Rodgers usual trick is to throw someone straight in when back from injury and give them a full game. He didn’t do that with Vardy and besides he rested Barnes and Evans. It’s not like we are doing to play a full u23 team today. We had a Saturday game and the games isn’t until Thursday. That’s manageable for some of the younger players..

So I'm not sure how your point about focusing on Roma works then 

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Really good point.

I'm definitely not advocating for Rodgers out, he's allowed one underwhelming season after the heady success he's brought the club but I am concerned with his obsession with possession. Possession means nothing when it's so stale. Like you say, I'd change the formation and put players in their beat positions. Maddison is our most lethal attacking threat - he is neutered by being on the right 

Maddison has to play in the number 10 role, he is being completely wasted at the moment. 

I wonder if Brendan is cooking up some weird master plan. 

Maybe he's genuinely thinking that once we have mastered how to maintain possession in a game, he will then move on to the next stage, be it creating chances or shooting. 

Maybe the possession for possessions sake is a building block to some greater system that we will benefit from further down the line.

There has to be some reason to it    :dunno: 

I've been around long enough not to worry too much when we don't win...but this last year or so has been odd, to say the least.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Really good point.

I'm definitely not advocating for Rodgers out, he's allowed one underwhelming season after the heady success he's brought the club but I am concerned with his obsession with possession. Possession means nothing when it's so stale. Like you say, I'd change the formation and put players in their beat positions. Maddison is our most lethal attacking threat - he is neutered by being on the right 

....was it something like the 85th minute that we managed to get Maddison central and took Tielemans off!!!

It was a pretty obvious solution to our ineffective play, why wait so long before implementing it.

Imagine a game where 7 minutes had to be added on for Villa timewasting and none of their players were booked for timewasting. Villa are horrendous scumbags, fouling any time the slighest chance of a gap opened up, then diving any time anyone went near them. Since Madley is a an absolute shit tier ref, he of course fell for Mcginn's antics every time.

• Like 2

So this season, according to Rodgers, is one of his best achievements as a coach. How's that going to look if passive ball leads to an exit with a whimper from the Conference League against Roma? The false narratives he regularly constructs in order to conceal his own failings are surely wearing thin even for his most forgiving defenders.

• Like 4

What an absolutely awful game of football, so boring.

We are such a predictable side to play against. No intent to score goals at all. I don’t know how anyone can enjoy going to watch us play anymore.

I fully respect Brendan’s achievements with the club but I’m sick to death of watching this absolute dross that has been served up week after week this season. If he won’t charge his ways he’s got to go.

The telling thing from the game for me was when the board went up for 7 minutes added on, instead of a roar of come on we can win this from the crowd it was more like a groan of FFS 7 more minutes of this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

The obsession with possession and passing stats really does make a majority of football games so boring now.

I remember Kasper used to be quite scathing of possession football. He once said in an interview on the LCFC website “ all this Tiki Taka… why  do it in 9 passes when you can do it in 3?” that was during our League winning season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gazza M said:

Putting all of our eggs in the euro basket. I think it is inexcusable to take Premier League fixtures so lightly. All our momentum has gone and we are out of form big time now. 

Lost 1 in 8. 

it ain’t great but saying we out of form big time is an exaggeration. 

We were never getting 7th in the league - so it’s much of a muchness 

• Like 1