Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

LCFC V Villa Post Match

15 minutes ago, Milo said:

I wonder if Brendan is cooking up some weird master plan. 

Maybe he's genuinely thinking that once we have mastered how to maintain possession in a game, he will then move on to the next stage, be it creating chances or shooting. 

Maybe the possession for possessions sake is a building block to some greater system that we will benefit from further down the line.

There has to be some reason to it    :dunno: 

I've been around long enough not to worry too much when we don't win...but this last year or so has been odd, to say the least.

Suggestions of that. Form that cohesive unit and then kick on 

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Well its a clean sheet, keeping the ball stats good, lots of positives, be careful what you wish for, its only a young squad, villa have great players and manager, we are in a european semi so dont be entitled......

Innit some proper drama queens on here. Clean sheet, and Vardy's had a warm up for Roma. Good day all round.

Chillax my peeps 🙌

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it will be a different attitude and resolve on Thursday!!!

Our performance will bear little resemblance, of what transpired today. The players are up for this and individually will manage the game and themselves, they want this, as much as we do.

I hope so, but it isn't always easy to just turn the tap back on and hit top form.  Most of our players look either knackered, low on confidence, and even the odd one or two no longer seem to have their hearts in it. There are exceptions though, and I hope desire and hunger is enough to bring to this particular party.  As I fear we're way off Roma's quality right now.  But we need to show a hell of a lot more in hunger and desire than we have shown this last week. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Milo said:

I wonder if Brendan is cooking up some weird master plan. 

Maybe he's genuinely thinking that once we have mastered how to maintain possession in a game, he will then move on to the next stage, be it creating chances or shooting. 

Maybe the possession for possessions sake is a building block to some greater system that we will benefit from further down the line.

There has to be some reason to it    :dunno: 

I've been around long enough not to worry too much when we don't win...but this last year or so has been odd, to say the least.

To be fair we couldn't go on score 2 and conceding 3.

Only 2 loses in 9 league games, 3 cleansheets. 

15 points from 9 games at 1.66 pts per game, times that by 38 game we take 63 pts.

Compared to 27 points from the first 23 games at 1.17 pts per game which over a season is 44 pts.

We need to invest in some quality attacking players to reinvigorate us in forward areas. 

Dull at the moment but can't help feel we need to go a bit more pragmatic, sort our defensive issues then go again. 

Edited by coolhandfox

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair we couldn't go on score 2 and conceding 3.

Only 2 loses in 9 league games, 3 cleansheets. 

15 points from 9 games at 1.66 pts per game, times that by 38 game we take 63 pts.

Compared to 27 points from the first 23 games at 1.17 pts per game which over a season is 44 pts.

We need to invest in some quality attacking players to reinvigorate us in forward areas. 

Dull at the moment but can't help feel we need to go a bit more pragmatic, sort our defensive issues then go again. 

we had a host of injuries in the first 23 games though so not really comparable, mainly in defence which is going to see you lose more games if your whole backline is out 

Edited by whoareyaaa

This is what the future is with Rodgers: possession obsession - no early balls in - forwards scared to shoot... looking for a pass. Passing the ball back all the time - not just some of it. Vardy will feed on scraps - as no balls over the top .   Villa played a high line and and got away with it.

This is not the Leicester way.  End it now.  Rodgers is not the one to rebuild our teams - he will take us back to the championship.

He is in denial that anything is wrong.

#Rodgersoutnow

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A frustrating match that no-one emerges from with any credit. For  a team with such good players, Villa spent a ridiculous amount of time fouling, falling over and generally timewasting (from around the tenth minute) rather than making any meaningful chances. We had loads of possession and wasted all of it. The referee bought into their antics. Including the times he played advantage and the ones he missed, there must have been over fifty fouls. I struggle to see how this prepared anyone for the Roma match.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

we had a host of injuries in the first 23 games though so not really comparable, mainly in defence which is going to see you lose more games if your whole backline is out 

3 of our best defenders have still missed large parts of those game. 

Evans 180 mins 

Fofana 270 mins 

Ricardo 196 mins

I’m feeling fed up after every match lately, we’re lifeless under Rodgers. I’m sitting here now and can’t believe we’ve let Justin have another 90 at right back and totally ignored his form in previous seasons at left back. Another game with out of position Maddison on the wing. 36 year old Ashley Young at left back for the whole match and we didn’t bother put anyone up against him once. Every throw in or free kick instantly goes back to the centre backs, no one tries anything that could be considered creative for fear or losing possession. It’s just safe football.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

I’m feeling fed up after every match lately, we’re lifeless under Rodgers. I’m sitting here now and can’t believe we’ve let Justin have another 90 at right back and totally ignored his form in previous seasons at left back. Another game with out of position Maddison on the wing. 36 year old Ashley Young at left back for the whole match and we didn’t bother put anyone up against him once. Every throw in or free kick instantly goes back to the centre backs, no one tries anything that could be consideredcreative for fear or losing possession. It’s just safe football.

Same with Castange, when he first came he was playing on the right and doing fine, getting down the line crossing and creating chances. so he's not took note of that or the fact Justin was performing out of his skin at left back before his injury.

The same with having 4 CM's in the side at home to Villa .. I don't get it we look absolutely toothless now days, we was better against Everton but went back into the same old pattern today.

19 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Ricardo and Barnes rotate in and out anyway as does Evans at the moment. If we were that focused you'd rest Youri etc

Rodgers has always said that Tielemans is one of those players that plays better if he plays every game.

and you don’t surely believe Lookman is ahead of Barnes in the pecking order do you?

Same with Ricardo.. do you really believe Castagne is ahead of him  in the pecking order?

and Evans?  Crikey. He’s been injury hit and Rodgers is clearly managing that injury. Plantar fasciitis. Very painful. He’s not being rotated. He’s being managed.