Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Ibrahim Sangare

10 hours ago, kingfox said:

No we don’t.

Why on earth would anybody want us to play with two defensive midfielders again, we’ve been through that in the past and it was shit, all fans did was rightfully complain.

Signing Sangare makes zero sense to me, the only way it would make sense is if we sold Wilf.

You can’t be putting Sangare in a Youri or KDH role, he just isn’t that type of player. He is the perfect like for like replacement for Wilf, even if we sold both Mendy & Choudhury, why would Sangare want to come here as competition for Wilf, when he could probably walk into the starting 11 of numerous Champions League quality teams.

Well it's a matter of opinion. But ask yourself this, Why do we conceed so many Goals.

We are not going to sell Wilf, He's probably the first name on Brendans team sheet, He loves him. As good as Wilf is he cannot do it on his own.

We need more Balance to the midfield with Pace abd Steel not the half hearted challenges Youri makes though he did improve from when he first came into the Team.

Sangare could do that job and allow us to make our block further up field. 

Though I guess if funds are as tight as some think It may not happen before he signs again for psv.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  would think only against the top 6, and Wilf and Ibrahim will have to rotate in the other games, otherwise it would be overkill!!!

Yes I can see that appeoach.

I'd like to see us play both and squeeze the opposition into their own half. With wing back offering support supported by two pacy CBs Fofana and another.

I guess we're not going to get the 6 signings Brendan was looking for. So unlikely to happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes I can see that appeoach.

I'd like to see us play both and squeeze the opposition into their own half. With wing back offering support supported by two pacy CBs Fofana and another.

I guess we're not going to get the 6 signings Brendan was looking for. So unlikely to happen.

Such a shame that Cags seems to have gone off the boil…he could have been that pacy, aggressive CB next to Fofana

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Well it's a matter of opinion. But ask yourself this, Why do we conceed so many Goals.

We are not going to sell Wilf, He's probably the first name on Brendans team sheet, He loves him. As good as Wilf is he cannot do it on his own.

We need more Balance to the midfield with Pace abd Steel not the half hearted challenges Youri makes though he did improve from when he first came into the Team.

Sangare could do that job and allow us to make our block further up field. 

Though I guess if funds are as tight as some think It may not happen before he signs again for psv.

Because our defence became disjointed, the likes of Soyuncu have lost form and we are obsessed at conceding from corners.

Sangare is predominantly a 6, just like Wilf he occupies the same role, he’s known for his tackling & intercepting qualities, he might be a more progressive player, but at the end of the day, he’s still a defensive midfielder.

We don’t need two “6’s” in our midfield, as we’ve seen in the past it’s just a negative setup.

I thoroughly expect to see a midfield three next season, Ndidi, KDH & if Youri leaves then whoever his replacement is. You can’t replace Youri with Sangare, they are complete opposites, I can understand us signing Kokcu, I can’t understand us signing Sangare.

• Like 2

Just now, kingfox said:

Because our defence became disjointed, the likes of Soyuncu have lost form and we are obsessed at conceding from corners.

Sangare is predominantly a 6, just like Wilf he occupies the same role, he’s known for his tackling & intercepting qualities, he might be a more progressive player, but at the end of the day, he’s still a defensive midfielder.

We don’t need two “6’s” in our midfield, as we’ve seen in the past it’s just a negative setup.

I thoroughly expect to see a midfield three next season, Ndidi, KDH & if Youri leaves then whoever his replacement is. You can’t replace Youri with Sangare, they are complete opposites, I can understand us signing Kokcu, I can’t understand us signing Sangare.

We have generally signed a replacement a year ahead of someone leaving.

hence the arrival of Sangare this summer could indicate a willingness to sell wilf the next (assuming we don’t qualify for europe). 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We have generally signed a replacement a year ahead of someone leaving.

hence the arrival of Sangare this summer could indicate a willingness to sell wilf the next (assuming we don’t qualify for europe). 

As I said yesterday, why would Sangare want to play backup, when he could probably walk into numerous Champions League quality teams.

As you mentioned with your first comment, we did that with Soyuncu for example, but he wasn’t automatically ready for a place in our starting 11. Sangare is exactly the type of signing you expect to come straight into our starting 11, but we have Wilf, there’s no way we should be selling Wilf, you’re not going to drop KDH and Sangare isn’t a player to fill Youri’s role.

I’d take Sangare in a heartbeat if we didn’t have Wilf.

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

If we are playing 4-3-3, playing two 6 gives more licence to your full-back to bomb on and less pressure on your wide players to work back.

If we had a class RW it would work fine. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

As I said yesterday, why would Sangare want to play backup, when he could probably walk into numerous Champions League quality teams.

As you mentioned with your first comment, we did that with Soyuncu for example, but he wasn’t automatically ready for a place in our starting 11. Sangare is exactly the type of signing you expect to come straight into our starting 11, but we have Wilf, there’s no way we should be selling Wilf, you’re not going to drop KDH and Sangare isn’t a player to fill Youri’s role.

I’d take Sangare in a heartbeat if we didn’t have Wilf.

Wilf’s fitness has become less reliable over the past couple seasons.
Sangare would be happy to take the wage increase and have a relaxing season settling in if he knew that he would be the main man in 23/24. 
if Sangare performs to a level that means he plays more than wilf then I guess you have your decision made for you ref selling wilf next summer.  Wilf has had two v tough seasons and may also be happy to share the burden for the next 10 months. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

If we are playing 4-3-3, playing two 6 gives more licence to your full-back to bomb on and less pressure on your wide players to work back.

If we had a class RW it would work fine. 

But we aren’t going to drop Ndidi or KDH, plus if Youri stays or goes, you thoroughly expect an all round midfielder who controls the midfield to play alongside Ndidi or KDH. 

It also wouldn’t surprise me if he continues to play Maddison in the RW spot, at first I hated it, but at the back end of last season, he was contributing incredibly well from that position 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Wilf’s fitness has become less reliable over the past couple seasons.
Sangare would be happy to take the wage increase and have a relaxing season settling in if he knew that he would be the main man in 23/24. 
if Sangare performs to a level that means he plays more than wilf then I guess you have your decision made for you ref selling wilf next summer.  Wilf has had two v tough seasons and may also be happy to share the burden for the next 10 months. 

Having both would be a coup, but should we be spending 30 million plus on a defensive midfielder, when we already have one of the best in the World in that position. Other positions should be a priority this summer, replacing Soyuncu, replacing Tielemans(with a suitable replacement) & signing some wingers. 

Teams like Man City can afford to splash out on two defensive midfielders in Rodri & Phillips, can we afford to produce that luxury this summer, I have some doubts.

The problem with Sangare is that he’s been heavily linked with a move away this summer, if he doesn’t move then it seems like he’s going to sign a new contract. This summer seems like the only opportunity to pounce, but this summer we aren’t going to be selling Wilf, we need to sell to buy, other positions need to be prioritised more.

21 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Having both would be a coup, but should we be spending 30 million plus on a defensive midfielder, when we already have one of the best in the World in that position. Other positions should be a priority this summer, replacing Soyuncu, replacing Tielemans(with a suitable replacement) & signing some wingers. 

Teams like Man City can afford to splash out on two defensive midfielders in Rodri & Phillips, can we afford to produce that luxury this summer, I have some doubts.

The problem with Sangare is that he’s been heavily linked with a move away this summer, if he doesn’t move then it seems like he’s going to sign a new contract. This summer seems like the only opportunity to pounce, but this summer we aren’t going to be selling Wilf, we need to sell to buy, other positions need to be prioritised more.

Brendan might be thinking about dropping wilf into the central defensive area in some games ……

• Like 1

You definitely could play Ndidi and Sangare in the same midfield. It would be the old double defensive pivot that Gareth Southgate loves. Sangare has enough about his game though to make it more creative than the Rice/Phillips combo that so frustrates England fans! You could then deploy KDH, Maddison or even Tielemans as a more advanced attacking central midfielder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

You definitely could play Ndidi and Sangare in the same midfield. It would be the old double defensive pivot that Gareth Southgate loves. Sangare has enough about his game though to make it more creative than the Rice/Phillips combo that so frustrates England fans! You could then deploy KDH, Maddison or even Tielemans as a more advanced attacking central midfielder. 

But our creativity would be hindered massively as we have no RW who creates or scores enough goals, and unless Vardy is on form then our forwards are pretty feeble aswell. 

Of course a double pivot can be done, but from what I’ve seen it’s not the formation that suits this team at all. 

That's exactly how I see it. The best teams are generally built around a solid defence. With two quick CBs and two quick Wing Backs. Ricardo Fofana AN another and Timmy we'd be pretty solid defensively. With a good attacking set up in Maddison KDH Barnes Vardy and a new right winger in the squad to add verseatility when needed.

You definitely could play Ndidi and Sangare in the same midfield. It would be the old double defensive pivot that Gareth Southgate loves.

An exciting season awaits... :o

23 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

But our creativity would be hindered massively as we have no RW who creates or scores enough goals, and unless Vardy is on form then our forwards are pretty feeble aswell. 

Of course a double pivot can be done, but from what I’ve seen it’s not the formation that suits this team at all. 

...we are using Wilf wrong, it is not going to work, why do we persist with it!!!

• Like 1

On 30/04/2022 at 13:42, MPH said:

For Youri though most of that is spent running from a tackle…

Running very slowly. He’s soo slow it unbelievable. Think his lack of pace is what is stopping teams coming in for him. 

• 2 weeks later...

With the links for Soumare to Monaco I guess this would make sense… we tried to force Soumare into the Ndidi role and he just couldn’t do it, so not surprised to be linked with this guy if Soumare is headed for the door..

Though weren’t PSV saying £35m+ a few weeks back?

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Izzn’t said:

With the links for Soumare to Monaco I guess this would make sense… we tried to force Soumare into the Ndidi role and he just couldn’t do it, so not surprised to be linked with this guy if Soumare is headed for the door..

Agree he might be considered to replace Soumaré, but given Bissouma went for an initial £25m with prem experience, they will be lucky to be getting that much IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Izzn’t said:

Yeh 3 years left on his contract so I'd day £30m minimum to get him. Thought he looked really good against us and could be a long term Ndidi replacement of Ndidi does go at some point 

4 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

It's a lot to pay for a second choice DM

Agreed and its whether we can play them both together or not. We won't sign any midfielders unless we sell Praet or Tielemans anywha

12 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

It's a lot to pay for a second choice DM

It would be, but he wouldn't be since Ndidi is injured again. Plus he's more than a DM—pretty sure he could play box-to-box. He's better on the ball than Ndidi too from what I remember. And very "press resistant".