Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brennan Johnson

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/brennan-johnson-transfer-brentford-nottingham-forest-b2064749.html

Further talks expected with ourselves, Villareal, Newcastle. Brentford have already offered personal terms, his representatives also met with Everton last week

1 year left on his deal and not expected to extend unless they go up. Expected to cost £20-25m.

Interestingly his dad used to be head of recruitment for U17-U23 for us around 2015/16?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-brennan-johnson-6995733

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/brennan-johnson-transfer-brentford-nottingham-forest-b2064749.html

Further talks expected with ourselves, Villareal, Newcastle. Brentford have already offered personal terms, his representatives also met with Everton last week

1 year left on his deal and not expected to extend unless they go up. Expected to cost £20-25m.

Interestingly his dad used to be head of recruitment for U17-U23 for us around 2015/16?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-brennan-johnson-6995733

20/25m with a year left ???

doubt it - the kid can see out another year, leave for nowt and lose very little financially …. (But gain a lot on a free).  Forest will get comp because of his age but nothing like his value. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This kid is the real deal, there's something very odious about him as well that you only like if he's yours, a bit like Vardy and Maddison 😂

He's my number 1 RW choice if we aren't going for a left footer. 

Is he actually a right winger tho? This has been his best season so far and he’s played most of it upfront or just behind the striker. He’s obviously capable of playing there but is he as effective as he is upfront? 

Just now, Dusty said:

Is he actually a right winger tho? This has been his best season so far and he’s played most of it upfront or just behind the striker. He’s obviously capable of playing there but is he as effective as he is upfront? 

Yeah his best position is wide right but roaming all over. Forest play 3-4-3 / 3-4-1-2 under Cooper so he's got the licence to roam whilst backed up by Djed Spence to provide the width.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dusty said:

6AAB1994-99DA-4D50-9686-B0CA47583B5D.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Would be lovely just to piss the Forest fans off :D

tbf i think theyd be more pissed off if he went Derby, since we arent their rivals

would certainly take him here, plus i suspect if we did go for him we could have a slight advantage since his dad has worked at the club before

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

20/25m with a year left ???

doubt it - the kid can see out another year, leave for nowt and lose very little financially …. (But gain a lot on a free).  Forest will get comp because of his age but nothing like his value. 

....we would probably have lost out by then...that additional year will make a big difference!!!

He will be the more workman like RW to bring in, and Rodgers likes someone who puts in a shift. Bringing in a player such as Giovani, someone who beats defenders for fun, is what I would love to see, but perhaps Rodgers prioritise work over flair (no,... .not that one) more than artistry you see on the pitch.

Edited by sacreblueits442

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we would probably have lost out by then...that additional year will make a big difference!!!

He will be the more workman like RW to bring in, and Rodgers likes someone who puts in a shift. Bringing in a player such as Giovani, someone who beats defenders for fun, is what I would love to see, but perhaps Rodgers prioritise work over flair (no,... .not that one) more than artistry you see on the pitch.

it would be agreed between the club and his agents - we wouldn't just leave it. 

11 minutes ago, Focks said:

There is no value in the English leagues

....if you move quick enough, you can save a lot of money!!!

There has been notable quality in the Championship that we have failed to pick up, Olise, Eze, Watkins even Johnson, you have to identify and go with what you know and feel about the player. We are not a big 6 where we can wait for the player to prove themselves and then move in with a big offer to secure their services. See @Ric Flairfor a list as long as your arm.

Our system is to identify and go with it, we save ourselves a lot of money in that way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if you move quick enough, you can save a lot of money!!!

There has been notable quality in the Championship that we have failed to pick up, Olise, Eze, Watkins even Johnson, you have to identify and go with what you know and feel about the player. We are not a big 6 where we can wait for the player to prove themselves and then move in with a big offer to secure their services. See @Ric Flairfor a list as long as your arm.

Our system is to identify and go with it, we save ourselves a lot of money in that way.

And Bowen.

• Like 1

Nobody is paying £20-25m with only a year left. If we are only going to be getting £25m for Tielemans then it will be £10-15m max for Johnson. Unless of course Newcastle want to spunk that kind of money 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Can't see this happening myself, I think he'll stay at Forest regardless. This is his first full season in their first team really.

Only if they come up, if not they have to sell as he hasn't shown any interest in a new deal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Imagine Forest will win the play offs and he stays there a bit longer. 

They are very cautious of drawing Sheff United in the semis. They don’t think that would be plain sailing (well my mate who’s a Forest fan anyway, can’t speak for the full fan base but he assures me that’s causing them some anxiety)