Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brennan Johnson

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....bringing in Giovani from Palmeiras would be a great addition to our squad, having Lookman and Albrighton is not enough creativity for this team!!!

Read that Man city wanted to sign him last year...must be a quite a talent then....or get him before Barcelona get him

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if you move quick enough, you can save a lot of money!!!

There has been notable quality in the Championship that we have failed to pick up, Olise, Eze, Watkins even Johnson, you have to identify and go with what you know and feel about the player. We are not a big 6 where we can wait for the player to prove themselves and then move in with a big offer to secure their services. See @Ric Flairfor a list as long as your arm.

Our system is to identify and go with it, we save ourselves a lot of money in that way.

So wish we had gone for Watkins. Would of been a far better choice than Daka etc because he can play on his own upfront 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fox1980 said:

So wish we had gone for Watkins. Would of been a far better choice than Daka etc because he can play on his own upfront 

watkins has a glass ceiling, one that he’s already reached. Daka had (or has) the potential to break goal records. I know which one id rather we went for as a club 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....bringing in Giovani from Palmeiras would be a great addition to our squad, having Lookman and Albrighton is not enough creativity for this team!!!

Don’t set your hopes too high, I’m guilty of it myself every summer 😂😂

• Haha 1

this is the one for me, I guess he isn't left footed but fits the bill and suits the model of buy young and sell for a profit. 

Would be right p***** off if we don't land him and someone like Brentford or Everton does, I assume he is a relatively local lad as well so wouldn't have to relocate. 

Fingers crossed 🤞 

I've been following him closely this year, and he's the best player in the league by far. Would be a big signing and we need a RW. 

An in-form Barnes on the left, and Johnson on the right, fuuuuuuuuck...

18 hours ago, Focks said:

There is no value in the English leagues

I think our recent exploits with the likes of Maguire & Maddison put pay to that comment. There is huge value to be had from the Championship.

Bowen at West Ham, Watkins at Villa to name a couple more. Plenty more examples too!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

he's mustard. I've been banging on about him for ages. he won't come here.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If they get done in the play offs we'll be favourites to land him. He is very unlikely to sign a new deal unless they come up.

Foxestalk in a nutshell :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/04/2022 at 11:49, MalletFox said:

I think our recent exploits with the likes of Maguire & Maddison put pay to that comment. There is huge value to be had from the Championship.

Bowen at West Ham, Watkins at Villa to name a couple more. Plenty more examples too!

I think Watkins is a good player, but £30m transfer doesn't scream 'value' to me.....

• Like 2

Hope we don't dither like we did when we lost out on Bowen and Olise.

We need to get back into buying great championship youngsters who are used to playing in English conditions and who have family and friends which is a positive for them. We have already experienced afew players from European leagues in the last several years who can't get used to life in England and have to sold or moved on.

We were interested in him last year and now looking at Redcafe even their fans have started a thread and want Hen Tag to sign him and Spurs fans also want Levy to get him at Spurs.

Seems like many fans want their teams to follow a path of signing young, hungry up and coming youngsters with a great playing attitude.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 2