Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brennan Johnson

Until he sees what Newcastle will pay!

Really we’d need to be making him the priority and letting him know that whilst hoping the others, Newcastle especially, make him just feel like another option they’re perusing.

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Heard it's us, West Ham, Newcastle and Villa in for him.

This is probably the safest fit and most sensible option we have for RW at the moment. Hopefully he will see it the same from his side and we can do the business. 

If we offer the most money then he will come. His agent will be looking at £5 million a year at least and Forest will want 25 to 30 million if they don't come up , more than that if they do. He is of undoubted quality but cheap he most certainly won't be.

On 25/04/2022 at 23:07, Lambert09 said:

watkins has a glass ceiling, one that he’s already reached. Daka had (or has) the potential to break goal records. I know which one id rather we went for as a club 

Sorry but if you think Daka is ever going to break goal scoring records then you are seeing something no one else can.:dunno:

• Like 2

On 01/05/2022 at 19:52, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Sorry but if you think Daka is ever going to break goal scoring records then you are seeing something no one else can.:dunno:

He needs to work on his positioning, that's his biggest issue he's having right now. That's something that comes with experience. He's still very young. 

We've seen that he has the pace and ability to hit the target already. Once he figures out the last piece of the puzzle, he'll be a very special player.

• Like 4

On 01/05/2022 at 14:52, PAPA LAZAROU said:

read the post again! The guy was on a similar trajectory as haaland, of course there was potential for him to go in the same way he has. 

Its easy to use hindsight to disregard things, but when we signed him the whole of the football world was envious because the potential was there. 

I won’t write him off, Vardy is a lesson for everyone.

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

His doing ok on the front to be fair ;)

First Leicester player to score 4 in a game since 1958

First and only player to have scored a European hat-trick for Leicester

Leicester's all-time leading goal scorer in European competition 

Of course he knows how to score goals , but hardbitten ,highly experienced PL defenders are not going to let him do that easily. I expect incremental improvement as he gets wiser in how to outfox them but 30 goals a season like in Austria is never going to happen . Vardy when fit and available is a 20 goal a season striker , even now. Patson at peak would get 15 ,which is fine but not up with the best.

4 hours ago, Verumex said:

He needs to work on his positioning, that's his biggest issue he's having right now. That's something that comes with experience. He's still very young. 

We've seen that he has the pace and ability to hit the target already. Once he figures out the last piece of the puzzle, he'll be a very special player.

....positioning would not have been a problem he would have been encountering at his last club!!!

His movements were obviously picked up by his teammates who fed him the ball or put him in space to run at goal. Are our coaches looking for the team and Daka to find a balance as to how to trigger a pass, as opposed to giving Daka full instructions of where to be and giving signals to play him in. At the moment it seems as if neither are on the same wavelengths making us dysfunctional and ineffective.

We either put the work in on the training pitch where he learns what the team needs from him or we try to read him and keep getting the same results as we are now.                                                                                                          

He was comfortably nullified by Bournemouth. 
Seemed to get wound up very easily when decisions didn’t go his way.

Only time I’ve really watched him tbf, so unfair to make a judgement, but looks a bit lightweight too. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

He was comfortably nullified by Bournemouth. 
Seemed to get wound up very easily when decisions didn’t go his way.

Only time I’ve really watched him tbf, so unfair to make a judgement, but looks a bit lightweight too. 

He was playing as a striker? Not on the wing where he has been most productive.

20 hours ago, Verumex said:

We can but hope I suppose. And I truly hope I'm wrong. But apart from his impact start which you expect from any player I've seen nothing to suggest he will make the grade in this division. The coaching staff should be figuring out his positioning and to be honest he shouldn't need to be coached on positioning, he's playing at the very top level in what is widely regarded as the best domestic league in the world. Age has nothing to do with ability to read the game you've either got it or you don't.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

He was playing as a striker? Not on the wing where he has been most productive.

Tbf he seems to have played up top for most of the games this season. He appears to the on the right of a front 2 and pulling wide into the channels, but think that’s been his role for most of the season, according to transfermarkt anyway.