Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

How fast can you run a 5k?

44 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Going to do the Harborough parkrun next Saturday.  Been a long time since i've done anything like this and been doing some gentle treadmill and outdoor running. Want to go under 30 minutes if i can. 

I've managed to lose 7kg in the process of getting ready. Success! 

Like SecretPro its been about managing the niggles over the last few years. Knee gives me pain if i go too hard.

Well done on the weight loss buddy, that's fab 👏 

I've accepted its going to be a life of niggles for me. I'm just of that age now where my body doesn't want to do what I tell it without protesting lol

• Thanks 1

I was out for my usual 06:30am 5k run last week on Wednesday, having made steady progress with my running over a few months, trying to get back under 30 mins for my very hilly route.

I tripped over my own feet and had a nasty fall near the end and (having done the same thing before) I'm reasonably sure I've cracked a rib.

It hurts to sit still, sleep and breathe. Sneezing is an agony I try to avoid. Not good, but it is slowly getting better.

I'd not done much movement at all since last Wednesday, but this morning, in the September sunshine on my day off, I forced myself to walk (slowly and quite hesitantly) a mile to the shops and a mile back.

Arriving home, I felt a similar sense of achievement to that when I last did a half marathon.

The road back to running starts here.  Strong like ox.  Well, beef rib, anyway   :punk:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Going to do the Harborough parkrun next Saturday.  Been a long time since i've done anything like this and been doing some gentle treadmill and outdoor running. Want to go under 30 minutes if i can. 

I've managed to lose 7kg in the process of getting ready. Success! 

Like SecretPro its been about managing the niggles over the last few years. Knee gives me pain if i go too hard.

Harborough’s park run is lovely, nice and flat too

• Like 2