Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wardyfox86

Post Match - Roma 1-1

13 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

The trouble is we never actually "batter" a team. We have tons of possession & play some very good football, but create very few clear cut chances. I really think there are times when we need the traditional type of centre forward who will win plenty of balls in the air & cause chaos in the opposition defence, think of a Steve Howard type only much better. I can't remember the last time we scored when someone knocked back a far post header across goal for someone to tap in.

I know this will never happen under Brendan but it really ought to be an alternative, plenty of teams have done it to us

Not Really arguing on the whole except when did we concede so  often in this manner..??

From set pieces..Yes but  often Not the CF..

From wing play and a CF on The end of it.. ??

Rodriguez Moura from Newcastle did it, But he is a midfielder & burst from midfield ,poor marking & tracking from us.but that is football..!

For us Nacho could...but he cant hold the ball that long...

Our Superman Vardy can,but not his style of play & would get clattered,then no 37-39yr old Messi-Steptoe in a Leicester shirt ever again..

Edited by fuchsntf

On 28/04/2022 at 22:57, EastAnglianFox said:

They really aren't that special, if we play how we played in the second half against PSV then we do that lot.

They are just very streetwise and know every trick in the European shithousing book so we need to be on it from minute one

In the same vein, neither were we. Their goal and their performance in Rome in the last round should be a stark warning not to overestimate our chances.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Not Really arguing on the whole except when did we concede so  often in this manner..??

Rodriguez Moura from Newcastle did it, But he is a midfielder & burst from midfield ,poor marking & tracking from us.but that is football..!

Our Superman Vardy can,but not his style of play & would get clattered,then no 37-39yr old Messi-Steptoe in a Leicester shirt ever again..

Perhaps we still miss Ulloa. 

14 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

The trouble is we never actually "batter" a team. We have tons of possession & play some very good football, but create very few clear cut chances. I really think there are times when we need the traditional type of centre forward who will win plenty of balls in the air & cause chaos in the opposition defence, think of a Steve Howard type only much better. I can't remember the last time we scored when someone knocked back a far post header across goal for someone to tap in.

I know this will never happen under Brendan but it really ought to be an alternative, plenty of teams have done it to us

The often overlooked part of Ronaldo's game is that he is a technically excellent header of a ball. He not only is a goal threat with his head but, like Sheringham, his direction with it is top class. We have nobody who can do that.

14 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

He mentioned:

Lookman

Lookman

Maddison

Barnes

Maddison

Maddison.

Barnes was the only sub in that list. 

I have always been convinced that some on here post having never actually having seen the match just to whinge. Never was there a better example.

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Ask yourself, how would Rodgers have done if he'd have taken over from Shakespeare, I suggest we'd be in a right mess and I don't think he'd have even taken the job in the first place, he's no mug, he knew he was onto a good thing when he jumped ship from Celtic. 

How can you expect to be seriously considered when every single argument you make is so partisan? It’s baffling, there is zero balance. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Babylon said:

You notice that most of the chances you list involve substitutes who can on well into the second half yeah. 

Battered them with what was it, one shot on target in over 45mins of football. 

You have made yourself look a bit of a plonker with that post. You were either inebriated when posting or never watched the match, which is it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

You really can't compare the two though can you. Puel came when the club was in disarray. A hatchet job, like it or not had to be done and he did it. Did he need to go? Yes, of course,  if nothing else his relationship with the players sounded doubtful and certain man management skills questionable. 

On the playing side however he had not one attacking midfielder for a start off until he recruited Tielemans so you can in noway align remotely what he had to work with compared to what Rodgers both inherited and what was built upon very shortly afterwards. Puel had a disparate bunch of players when he arrived of dubious quality together with the Slimani, Silva and Iborra debacle.

Ask yourself, how would Rodgers have done if he'd have taken over from Shakespeare, I suggest we'd be in a right mess and I don't think he'd have even taken the job in the first place, he's no mug, he knew he was onto a good thing when he jumped ship from Celtic. 

Wow. Did your prom date call out Brendan's name during your first kiss or something? 

It's almost like you have the same perspective on reality as the guy outside Lidl who is shouting that Elvis is alive and will save the Earth.

• Haha 4

Guest bennytwohats
4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

You really can't compare the two though can you. Puel came when the club was in disarray. A hatchet job, like it or not had to be done and he did it. Did he need to go? Yes, of course,  if nothing else his relationship with the players sounded doubtful and certain man management skills questionable. 

On the playing side however he had not one attacking midfielder for a start off until he recruited Tielemans so you can in noway align remotely what he had to work with compared to what Rodgers both inherited and what was built upon very shortly afterwards. Puel had a disparate bunch of players when he arrived of dubious quality together with the Slimani, Silva and Iborra debacle.

The squad Rodgers inherited is the one that Puel departed from, so I think you absolutely can compare the two on what they were able to get out of that same squad of players - our form upturned significantly when Rodgers joined, and there was a reason Puel was sacked when he was. I am astounded if anyone tried to argue that Puel was getting more out of that group of players than Rodgers did, it’s simply a million miles from the truth, yet was the thrust of the dig you made earlier.

Everything else you’ve said is a tangent. I think there are some fair points in there - and a balanced fan could see Puel had his strengths, and Rodgers has his weaknesses. There seems to be a lack of balance in recognising some of Rodgers successes though, and getting a lot out of the squad he inherited was undoubtedly one of them.

1 hour ago, LaCiudad said:

Wow. Did your prom date call out Brendan's name during your first kiss or something? 

It's almost like you have the same perspective on reality as the guy outside Lidl who is shouting that Elvis is alive and will save the Earth.

🤣 actually, that's really good 🤣

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

How can you expect to be seriously considered when every single argument you make is so partisan? It’s baffling, there is zero balance. 

The reply was to someone who inferred comparison to Puel, I thought it fair to point out that the squad and job Puel took over was completely different to that Rodger inherited therefore it was unfair to expect champagne football from Puel in comparison. I also acknowledge the latter's faults however and that he had to go.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

The reply was to someone who inferred comparison to Puel, I thought it fair to point out that the squad and job Puel took over was completely different to that Rodger inferred therefore it was unfair to expect champagne football from Puel in comparison. I also acknowledge the latter's faults however and that he had to go.

Then my apologies for being too lazy to read back through the thread.  It is an unknowable, but the apology stands.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
44 minutes ago, filbertway said:

In terms of finishing a chance? Kel 100%

This is hilarious.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

12 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Love that image of "Messi-Steptoe"

Vards as Albert and Messi as Harold....the dream team 🤣

image.png.78a25cc3072b26dbfb91d3cff4cb9e88.png

17 hours ago, Webbo said:

Do some of you not read back what you've said and realise you're talking bollox?

This is so on the money, Webbo, and you've basically asked the question that covers the entire world of social media. Because no, people just don't. They remember the odd occasion they were right and treat the massive overwhelming evidence of wrongness as some remote outlier. 

The reasons given for it are daft, but I do agree that if Roma play a similar way in the second leg, Kel gets the nod over Vardy for me. Against deep-sitting teams you need his hold-up play, which is better. If Roma play more expansively in front of their home crowd on the other hand, Vards will get more joy.

The dream is both of them, but that would require a change of system that may backfire. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
15 hours ago, filbertway said:

In terms of finishing a chance? Kel 100%

I can't really overstate how stupid this point is.

Vardy has the best conversion rate of any Premier league striker for the last 5 years but one of our fans thinks kel is a better finisher.

Screenshot_20220501-114029_Chrome.jpg

16 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This is hilarious.

I find it mad that anyone rates Vardy's finishing over Kels, especially based on the past 12-18 months

If you're asking if I'd prefer prime Vardy or prime Kel, then it's easily Vardy. People seem to be stuck in the past though

9 hours ago, filbertway said:

I find it mad that anyone rates Vardy's finishing over Kels, especially based on the past 12-18 months

If you're asking if I'd prefer prime Vardy or prime Kel, then it's easily Vardy. People seem to be stuck in the past though

Because no Player deemed future has yet humbled the past & present Vardy..

• Like 2