Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wardyfox86

Post Match - Roma 1-1

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'm not discrediting the performance or discrediting the opposition, but we created enough to win that today. But we weren't clinical enough, it's a great performance to be optimistic going into Rome but it's hard not to feel like we should be going in with a one goal margin 

Missed chance. Roma must be happy with that but at least we stay in the game.

It feels precarious. I don’t really trust our players after so many debacles this season.

Jose had Rodgers’ number tactically today. Brendan is so stubbornly inflexible that any coach worth their salt must find it a no-brainer to play against us. You know exactly what we’re going to do and how to counter it: sit deep and watch us aimlessly piss about with the ball on the edge of the box. POZESHUN FUTBORL.

Having said that I think it was a good performance, on another day we maybe would’ve nicked something.

European football is the absolute nuts though, ain’t it? 

Guest Col city fan

Personally think a draw was about right. It was a good game, but one of very few real chances

I thought the difference was Chris Smalling who was exemplary tonight

We can go to Rome with confidence. But we have to score first I think. If they go one up, they’ll do a typical bit of Jose shithousery and cheat and dive and foul and shut up shop

Tis on a fine line this one…

15 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Admittedly strange thinking, but we are so bad at defending leads I almost think it's better for our mindset not to be holding onto something going into the away leg.

Clutching, I know.

I fully get what you mean we always look a better side chasing something more than we do holding something 

Fine margins and a well schooled opposition with the master of shithousery in charge. We moan about Premiership refs but this guy was truly woeful,   really abysmal start handing out yellow cards when they should be given and it is a different game. 

8 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I think we must have very different definitions of bottling it then. I agree with what you've said here but don't see that as a choke by any stretch.

Sure bottle is maybe the wrong word, but that's exactly the game you'll look back at if we are knocked out and say we should've got more from that. 

11 minutes ago, Manini said:

Not sure being 2-1 up would have made much difference going there, unless you’re 2 or 3 goals to the good it makes little difference. A one goal advantage is nothing special with no away goals to bail you out. 

A 1-goal advantage is ALWAYS BETTER than none at all...fine margins

Edited by NaijaFox

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Should of brought nacho or Daka right at the start of the second half. Like he did against psv. Play 2 up front and gone for it. Feel like he was being cautious instead of going for it. 

I suppose you can’t win the tie in the first leg, but you can 100% lose it. No need for him to throw it all out with the bath water tonight, don’t mind a bit of caution in the circumstances. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
Just now, adam said:

I'm not convinced with all these ' we're the better side' posts. They set up to keep it tight. It will be a lot different next week. Abraham looks a right handful up front 

Abraham is a much better all round striker than the one who left Chelsea