Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wardyfox86

Post Match - Roma 1-1

Guest Kopfkino
5 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

It feels precarious. I don’t really trust our players after so many debacles this season.

Jose had Rodgers’ number tactically today. Brendan is so stubbornly inflexible that any coach worth their salt must find it a no-brainer to play against us. You know exactly what we’re going to do and how to counter it: sit deep and watch us aimlessly piss about with the ball on the edge of the box. POZESHUN FUTBORL.

Having said that I think it was a good performance, on another day we maybe would’ve nicked something.

European football is the absolute nuts though, ain’t it? 

Funny that so many managers comment on how tactically flexible he and we are then isn’t it?

Its just a myth Leicester fans tell themselves cos they’re so weirdly anti keeping the ball

6 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Pretty easy. 

Justin Evans Fofana 

Ricardo                            Thomas/timmy 

Or put Amartey and soyuncu in the back 3. Why do we have to play a back 5 at home? Take Kevin or Lookman off and bring either nacho or Daka on right at the start of the second half with Vardy. Their game plan was to defend and take a break away win or draw. 

Yeah I'm making the point that 2 up front hasn't been an option much this season when we've had fofana and Evans out most the year  and we've been so poor defensively.  Last season when we had more Cb options we played with vardy and iheanacho upfront plenty of times.  Yet you seem to think Brendan won't do it at all when he proved he would last year

Madders was brilliant.  Lookman did really well, too. 

KDH was brilliant 1st half but faded 2nd half.

Tielemans, playing defensive midfielder AND trying to create, ran his socks off apart from that one moment he really needed to, and grew into the game. 

Fofana saved our hide once or twice. 

Schmeichel, with a 1st goal disappointedly through his legs, made a corker of a save late on.

I love Marc, but not his best game.

Looking forward to seeing a fitter Vardy, perhaps with some service or a partner, next week.

All to play for.

Play the kids at the weekend.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, adam said:

I'm not convinced with all these ' we're the better side' posts. They set up to keep it tight. It will be a lot different next week. Abraham looks a right handful up front 

They absolutely shut up shop and weren't very interested in coming forward, like PSV weren't at our gaff wither. Very difficult to even contemplate Roma being the better team tonight though. They'll be happy with their nights work but they barely threw a punch, there's fight in us I've no doubt.

• Like 1

Massive equalizer! Both teams have to go out to win it now. That helps us in two ways: Mourinho has to be positive, which will open up opportunities for us going forward, and we can't sit back as we would have done if we'd had a slender lead. Any inferiority we might have felt playing against the 'mighty' Roma should have evaporated - we were by far the better team! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adam said:

I'm not convinced with all these ' we're the better side' posts. They set up to keep it tight. It will be a lot different next week. Abraham looks a right handful up front 

These are my feelings, it was a typical Mourinho away performance in Europe. They barely committed more than 3 men to any attacks and clearly came not to lose. Think we needed to be braver and will ultimately come up short.

It is nice to see confirmation that we do actually have good players though and see it in evidence against a genuinely top European team, half the Rodgers apologists on here would have you believe the man's working miracles with League two players :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MATLCFC said:

Same old. Trying to play ultimate football without ultimate players. Predictable as it has been for the last 18 months. 

Says it all....92 mins in still passing it backward and sideways. It's ok though I'm sure BR is very proud.

What do you actually want are you actually for real?? We completely dominated a game against a top Italian side with massive European pedigree inna semi final 

• Like 1

People talking about how it should have been 2-1 in my opinion it should have been 1-0 to us. That was a stupid goal to concede. He was always going to cut inside.

Castange has been slowly getting worse since joining us.

Edited by Fightforever

1 minute ago, foxes1988 said:

Yeah I'm making the point that 2 up front hasn't been an option much this season when we've had fofana and Evans out most the year  and we've been so poor defensively.  Last season when we had more Cb options we played with vardy and iheanacho upfront plenty of times.  Yet you seem to think Brendan won't do it at all when he proved he would last year

He did it last year and seemed like he really didn’t want to. As proven with using our top scorer nacho from last season even less this season. I just think there are times he could play both nacho and Vardy or Daka with either and decides not to. Daka and nacho can’t play the lone forward role. They need someone alongside them. Can’t remember this season where we’ve played 2 upfront. 

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

People talking about how it should have been 2-1 in my opinion it should have been 1-0 to us. That was a stupid goal to concede. He was always going to cut inside.

95% of the goals we concede are howlers, it's very rare we get undone by moments of genuine quality 

always summit that has you putting your heads in your hands like wtf 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Good point. Poor goal to concede.