Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wardyfox86

Post Match - Roma 1-1

38 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Wed have won with a better ref. Allowed Roma to do all their tricks. 

Not too many qualms for me. It’s semi final football. Shit goal to give away but mentally we did well. Gets a bit awkward being level and home to first leg because you don’t want to make a mistake 

Ref didn’t choose our safety first tactics again did he? 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I thought Chris Smalling played on Hackney marshes before joining Fulham? Cos he be laughed off there now with his silly playacting 

He had blood on his shirt.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ll put my hand up on that but feckin hell as a team, they were some of the biggest shithouses going. 

They were but he was smashed by iheanacho and kel knew it.

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Assuming you mean Albrighton starting ? Yeah it was error but we sorted it out. Roll on next week, still in the tie and didn’t recklessly **** ourselves over 

No, our general reluctance to commit men forward until we were behind (again). Actively trying to be positive and to win the game is a reaction to going behind and not what he goes into the game with. 

I’m bored to death of the shite, reactive football.

• Like 3

We may have been the better team but we still only ended up with the draw, too many misplaced passes , slow build up  and lack of finesse around the box.

I left the match frustrated as they were there to be took.

….more aggression please for next week.

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

We can beat these, out of rennes, psv, these were by far the worst team, rennes the best. abraham is still a mid table striker. I think we’re in for a famous night in rome. 

I wouldn't judge them on tonight's performance. 

They came for one thing and they got it.

Did you watch both legs of Man City v Atletico Madrid?

Whilst not quite to that level, next week will be totally different. 

We missed an opportunity and will rue it.

• Like 1

Just now, tom27111 said:

I wouldn't judge them on tonight's performance. 

They came for one thing and they got it.

Did you watch both legs of Man City v Atletico Madrid?

Whilst not quite to that level, next week will be totally different. 

We missed an opportunity and will rue it.

I’m sure it’ll be tougher there but in all honesty when they did attack they didn’t look to have players with any real quality when in dangerous situations, abraham looked like the donkey he did at chelsea. I may be proved wrong, time will tell, but I thought they looked an average team. Agree that we should have took more from the game however. 

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No, our general reluctance to commit men forward until we were behind (again). Actively trying to be positive and to win the game is a reaction to going behind and not what he goes into the game with. 

I’m bored to death of the shite, reactive football.

We started to the game very well. Highlights I just watched back confirmed that. Struggled when they went 1 up

Decent performance but, as has been our custom of late, we failed to show the quality and composure needed in the final third to reward our general domination of the opposition. Similar to Newcastle, Everton and Villa in that respect.

Feels like a missed opportunity because Roma will be a very different beast at home. But at least we are still firmly in the tie, and the travelling fans can enjoy the trip knowing that we are second favourites to make the final but that if we do go through from this position it will be a night to remember forever.

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We started to the game very well. Highlights I just watched back confirmed that. Struggled when they went 1 up

And the shots on goal were? Please don’t fall into this possession = control crap from the manager. We did nothing again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Admittedly strange thinking, but we are so bad at defending leads I almost think it's better for our mindset not to be holding onto something going into the away leg.

Clutching, I know.

Yep, felt the same after PSV game, I don't like the idea of Brendan going away in a crucial game with a let's hold onto a 1 goal advantage mindset. At 1-1 it's a one off shoot we just need to focus playing our game and not some horrible defensive game. We're not good at that.

• Like 2