Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Old git

Leaving Early (AGAIN ! )

6 minutes ago, Adster said:

Before the flak starts, I'll be the first to say I totally agree. 

Some people I understand, if they have kids or perhaps need to catch the last train, then fine. But let's be real the majority isn't. 

Know what else really fvcks me off? Anyone who leaves their seat to leave and then stands, watching the game near the exit, blocking everyone else's view who stays in their seat. Cvnts.

I have the problem you mentioned. Everyone stops on the stairs if there’s an attack as well. 

Again given the context of the game, I was amazed that people were doing their half time 35 minute shuffle down. 1-0 down at the time as well. I bet looks great as a player 

• Like 1

We normally stay until the end and then clap the team as they do the lap around the pitch come whatever the final score is. But due to the 100 or so Roma fans in our block, we left immediately as the whistle blew just in case it got violent as there had been quite a hostile atmosphere in our block.

Would never leave before the final whistle and I’ll never understand why people like to run off before the match is concluded. But on this occasion I wanted to get the young lad out quickly just in case things kicked off.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I don't tend to do away matches so don't know if this is something peculiar to our fan base? 

God no. If anything i think it's worse elsewhere. I live down south, and i've been to a couple of games at the London Stadium this season with a family friend. That place empties in about the 38th minute of a match for ht beers, the ground is half empty as the 2nd half starts, the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half have a really weird atmosphere as pissed up hammers fans try to get back to their seats (only for most of them to realise that they need the toilet again and a chunk of them go back down again), and most leave in the 85th minute, presumably because getting anywhere near Startford station with their bell end fans is the most horrible experience you can imagine. We went to see West Ham vs Man U earlier in the season, when West Ham got a last minute penalty (that Noble hilariously missed :) coming on as as sub for the penalty). I would say that about 1/4 of the ground weren't there to see it, and at the time and chunks of fans were leaving as it was happening. 

BTW, for all the woes fans have about the atmosphere at the KP, the London Stadium is a disjointed mess and large parts of the game can be completely silent. Other than singing about f****g bubbles. Hate bubbles.

Back to Thursday, the family behind us left at about the 70th minute and all apologised whilst doing it, saying they had to get a train. I suppose for an evening match, there are always going to be issues like this.

For me, it was a 2.5 hour drive home with a 10 year old who had to go to school the next day. Therefore, we stayed to the bitter end and made sure we clapped all the players off. For a Euro semi final, we weren't going to do anything else.

Edited by jamesp26
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Agree. It never happened at Filbert St. All the Jonny come lately modern fans who can f right off back to supporting man u.

The fan that sits next to me told me that he will never leave early again after missing the Harry Maguire stoppage time equaliser against ManU. He seemed almost traumatised by it. 

2 in front of me missed both our goals against Palace just before half time. 

Who wants to be walking up Raw Dykes Road and hear the crowd celebrating a late winner? That would crush me. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Old git said:

Okay, I know this has a been on here before, but I was so disappointed with hundreds (probably thousands) who left early on Thursday night against Roma.

I know I’ll get slated, with people telling me to mind my own business, that people pay for their ticket & they have every right to leave early, they have to get a train to Harborough I’ve actually heard that before (shit, we must have massive support from there! ).

It was the semi final of a European trophy, it was poised at 1-1, it was a good match. I can’t believe people make such great time savings by leaving early, that they are prepared to miss the conclusion of a game. AND THIS WAS THE SEMI FINAL OF A EUROPEAN COMPETITION!!

Those leaving early DO affect others. They block peoples view as they leave, especially those with seats near the stairways.

Also, the game finished and the players acknowledged the support of the fans, but they saw a stadium a third empty, that is pretty shabby.  
I watched the Leeds v Man City game on MOTD this morning, Leeds we’re losing 4-0, their fans sang throughout and stayed to applaud their teams efforts at the end.

You can clearly see from me, I feel this is one facet of the increasingly shit atmosphere at our ground.  The gentrification of football has led to a change in the average type of supporter.  There are more and more ‘tourist supporters’ at Leicester.  I don’t mean actual tourists from other countries, I’m fine if the odd visitor fancies seeing what a city game is like.  I mean the local person who comes along expecting to be entertained, who at  most, might clap their clapper, they come and contribute little to the atmosphere, rather than coming to support their local team and hoping for a win.

Cue the flack !

Totally agree, I raised the same issue when we got sucker punched by spurs at home. Apart of me thinks some of the complacency  of fans must rub off on the players

19 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Agree. It never happened at Filbert St. All the Jonny come lately modern fans who can f right off back to supporting man u.

I use to see early leavers back then but it wasn't to get the train it was to find their bike in the local alley way where they'd paid a penny or two to leave it with hundreds of others during the match.

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

Totally agree and simply don’t understand it. 

Especially in the club’s first ever European Semi-Final. 

My opinion exactly. I’ll never understand it. Or missing 10 minutes of the first half to buy crap beer and overpriced food!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

We normally stay until the end and then clap the team as they do the lap around the pitch come whatever the final score is. But due to the 100 or so Roma fans in our block, we left immediately as the whistle blew just in case it got violent as there had been quite a hostile atmosphere in our block.

Would never leave before the final whistle and I’ll never understand why people like to run off before the match is concluded. But on this occasion I wanted to get the young lad out quickly just in case things kicked off.

As far as reasons for leaving early go.... Avoiding being whacked on the head with a belt buckle in front of a young child HAS to be up there!

• Haha 1

Completely agree. I was genuinely shocked by the numbers leaving at around 85 minutes.  Our first European Semi Final!

I appreciate a few may need to get the train etc, but not that many, surely.

And why you'd rather miss any of the match for the dire, overpriced offerings at half-time I'll never know. 15 /20 years ago a half time pint was a probably a necessity to get through the 2nd half but we've come a long way since then.

1 hour ago, Old git said:

Okay, I know this has a been on here before, but I was so disappointed with hundreds (probably thousands) who left early on Thursday night against Roma.

I know I’ll get slated, with people telling me to mind my own business, that people pay for their ticket & they have every right to leave early, they have to get a train to Harborough I’ve actually heard that before (shit, we must have massive support from there! ).

It was the semi final of a European trophy, it was poised at 1-1, it was a good match. I can’t believe people make such great time savings by leaving early, that they are prepared to miss the conclusion of a game. AND THIS WAS THE SEMI FINAL OF A EUROPEAN COMPETITION!!

Those leaving early DO affect others. They block peoples view as they leave, especially those with seats near the stairways.

Also, the game finished and the players acknowledged the support of the fans, but they saw a stadium a third empty, that is pretty shabby.  
I watched the Leeds v Man City game on MOTD this morning, Leeds we’re losing 4-0, their fans sang throughout and stayed to applaud their teams efforts at the end.

You can clearly see from me, I feel this is one facet of the increasingly shit atmosphere at our ground.  The gentrification of football has led to a change in the average type of supporter.  There are more and more ‘tourist supporters’ at Leicester.  I don’t mean actual tourists from other countries, I’m fine if the odd visitor fancies seeing what a city game is like.  I mean the local person who comes along expecting to be entertained, who at  most, might clap their clapper, they come and contribute little to the atmosphere, rather than coming to support their local team and hoping for a win.

Cue the flack !

You won't get slated by me. It's truly embarrassing. Leaving when losing is poor but leaving early during a semi final or when the team is winning should come with some sort of ban 😅 I'm thinking 1 game if it's after 90 mins and a 3 gamer if before. 

That should take any heat off you 

As @Adster said, my biggest bug bear is those leaving but then pause to stand and watch, sometimes right in front of you, on the stairways because something happened on the pitch.

Make your mind up ffs - you staying or going? 

I get that people might need to leave early for transport reasons but its not going to be everyone. And if you're in such a rush, why stop? You've made the decision to leave, carry on! 

• Like 3