Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Old git

Leaving Early (AGAIN ! )

9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Not having a go at the OP but people are far too concerned about what other people are up to nowadays 

That's what I said to the good looking lass who caught me fiddling on the bus!

• Haha 4

I don't care about people leaving a bit before the end, more so midweek games. I do it the odd time when I have an hours drive home (without traffic) and have to be awake at 4am for work the next day. 

As others have said, what annoys me is people who come late all the time, then they're first to be up at 35 mins, then return on 50 mins then go again on 85 mins. They miss so much of the game, why on earth bother coming. 

And people who stand in the concourse entrances watching the game are annoying. Stewards should be getting them to move. 

Also turn the TV's off downstairs too, don't think that helps people knowing can watch last few mins there

I very rarely leave before the end of a game pro my less the. 5 times in nearly 60 years. However there are a lot who have busses trains etc to catch. Also if they have long journeys and I don’t mean to syston and it’s taking couple of hours do they want to be in heavy traffic for upto an hour after a night game? 

29 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

I very rarely leave before the end of a game pro my less the. 5 times in nearly 60 years. However there are a lot who have busses trains etc to catch. Also if they have long journeys and I don’t mean to syston and it’s taking couple of hours do they want to be in heavy traffic for upto an hour after a night game? 

Park further out or smarter is the answer to sitting in gridlock. 

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Park further out or smarter is the answer to sitting in gridlock. 

Obviously not possible for everyone, those with kids or not has fit as they used to be or unable to get out the ground quick but I’ve managed to park on the charity car parks on freeman’s common, on the final whistle don’t clap or hang around just head straight out and quick walk back to the car and home beating all traffic. 

27 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

Watching the Real Madrid v Man City game, you can't help to think that the stadium would have been half empty for all the home goals if it were a Leicester game at the KP.

Oh without doubt. Even if they’d scored the two goals to make it 5-5 on agg in the 80th min. Traffic!!!! I’ve got COMMITMENTS!!!

• Haha 1

There aren't many games where I leave early. Recently only Forest away as trains ran every hour and leaving at 70 odd mins and getting home for kids bedtime was favourable to watching the full 90 and hanging around for half hour with Forest fans. The match was punishment enough.

On 01/05/2022 at 12:20, yorkie1999 said:

For fans leaving early the problem to me seems to be getting away from the ground, I travel to Hinckley, if I leave dead on 90, which I’ve done a couple of times this season, I can get out of Leicester in 10 minutes and back home in 20, if I leave at full time, I can spend 45 minutes just getting out of leicester, in fact against Roma I parked on jarrom st?,  (never again) near the sir Robert peel, and it took 90 minutes to get home because it was rammed on welford road then on king richard’s way. Now I ain’t being funny but that’s just Fvckin ridiculous, I’d have been quicker walking home. So I can’t blame fans for leaving early, if people want to blame anyone, blame the council because they could do something about it. I went Hull away a few years back in the car and on leaving was pleasantly surprised to find all the traffic lights are set to green as far as the motorway, with police bikes directing you, simply to get cars out of the city as quick as possible, easy to implement and  obviously better as there ain’t any traffic jams so people who live in the city just avoid the area for a short time.
  It’s the half time that gets me, how fans can go down after half an hour beats me. If  the club were so bothered they would stop the tv screens showing the match to deter fans from going downstairs at half time and do away with the kiosks or at least employ a company that can pour a couple of thousand pints etc in 15 minutes. They do it at the rugby, why can’t we use their catering staff and bin this lot we use at the moment.

How about the catering company giving their staff 20p bonus every time the till gets used, that’d speed them up a bit.

I park off Narborough Road and (touch wood) never have problems getting away. I usually leave just after final whistle. Even if hanging around a bit longer, Narborough Road isn't too bad to get onto M69.

13 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

There aren't many games where I leave early. Recently only Forest away as trains ran every hour and leaving at 70 odd mins and getting home for kids bedtime was favourable to watching the full 90 and hanging around for half hour with Forest fans. The match was punishment enough.

Only time I've left early in the past five years, couldn't blame anyone else for doing similar. I was seething. We were simply not getting anything from that - the lack of effort still bugs me sat here now. I'd have probably piped up with a round of "you're not fit to wear the shirt" if I had been there during the "clap the fans" bit.

I got a greasy burger that looked like someone had fried a cowpat on my way to the car, and that was the highlight of my day. The only problem was that looking at it reminded me of our performance. :whistle:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

In my experience it’s the same people who leave early every week. So these people must have commitments they need to get back to every single match?

It’s not like the matches are even on consistent days, or at consistent times, but they manage to have a reason to get back that precludes them from queuing for a few extra minutes - every match? If the activities they need to get back for are that important then they perhaps shouldn’t have left home at all.

I don’t condemn anyone for leaving early - it’s their choice - but why don’t they have a bit more self awareness: “I’m impatient, I’m a control freak….. I don’t like to queue” ….. because this “I need to get home” argument is probably true once or twice a season and the rest of the time it’s absolute bollox!!!! 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Only time I've left early in the past five years, couldn't blame anyone else for doing similar. I was seething. We were simply not getting anything from that - the lack of effort still bugs me sat here now. I'd have probably piped up with a round of "you're not fit to wear the shirt" if I had been there during the "clap the fans" bit.

I got a greasy burger that looked like someone had fried a cowpat on my way to the car, and that was the highlight of my day. The only problem was that looking at it reminded me of our performance. :whistle:

I literally only stayed to give them the finger and tell them exactly what I thought of the performance and I wasn’t the only one. Will irk me for a long time how pathetic they were that day - felt like a real slap in the face given it meant so much to the fans.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2022 at 08:23, Old git said:

Okay, I know this has a been on here before, but I was so disappointed with hundreds (probably thousands) who left early on Thursday night against Roma.

I know I’ll get slated, with people telling me to mind my own business, that people pay for their ticket & they have every right to leave early, they have to get a train to Harborough I’ve actually heard that before (shit, we must have massive support from there! ).

It was the semi final of a European trophy, it was poised at 1-1, it was a good match. I can’t believe people make such great time savings by leaving early, that they are prepared to miss the conclusion of a game. AND THIS WAS THE SEMI FINAL OF A EUROPEAN COMPETITION!!

Those leaving early DO affect others. They block peoples view as they leave, especially those with seats near the stairways.

Also, the game finished and the players acknowledged the support of the fans, but they saw a stadium a third empty, that is pretty shabby.  
I watched the Leeds v Man City game on MOTD this morning, Leeds we’re losing 4-0, their fans sang throughout and stayed to applaud their teams efforts at the end.

You can clearly see from me, I feel this is one facet of the increasingly shit atmosphere at our ground.  The gentrification of football has led to a change in the average type of supporter.  There are more and more ‘tourist supporters’ at Leicester.  I don’t mean actual tourists from other countries, I’m fine if the odd visitor fancies seeing what a city game is like.  I mean the local person who comes along expecting to be entertained, who at  most, might clap their clapper, they come and contribute little to the atmosphere, rather than coming to support their local team and hoping for a win.

Cue the flack !

I seen you sneaking out on 86 minutes

8 hours ago, LaCiudad said:

Watching the Real Madrid v Man City game, you can't help to think that the stadium would have been half empty for all the home goals if it were a Leicester game at the KP.

Fortunately, we only let goals in in the last couple of minutes so it shouldn't be an issue 😁

tbf i dont care either way if people go early or what, people have different things going on in life and if they need to go early, so be it(people need to get up early or have work within the next couple of hours etc)

no different to people getting there late or going down to the concourse before half time is it really

and the OP says about the leeds fans still in there with them being 4 down.....yeah its a weekend of course, pretty sure it would have been different on a wednesday night

this leaving early lark blah blah is so trivial 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf i dont care either way if people go early or what, people have different things going on in life and if they need to go early, so be it(people need to get up early or have work within the next couple of hours etc)

no different to people getting there late or going down to the concourse before half time is it really

and the OP says about the leeds fans still in there with them being 4 down.....yeah its a weekend of course, pretty sure it would have been different on a wednesday night

this leaving early lark blah blah is so trivial 

No those other people you mention should also be jailed. On a serious point even on a weekend at the kp loads leave at 85 mins