Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Old git

Leaving Early (AGAIN ! )

On 01/05/2022 at 08:32, Marmite said:

Fans pay there money and choose to leave when they wish for reasons they don’t have to justify to anyone 

Pretty sure you're just playing devils advocate here.  Don't think anyone wants people to justify why they left a game early but as a collective group if some of us are act1ng like d1ckheads it's the rest of our responsibility to point that out to them.

5 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

It's a sign of today's entitled society unfortunately that people feel they have the right to judge others on when they choose to leave a football match or go and buy food. Just like the fans that stand and sing have a god complex over the ones that choose to sit. Everybody pays their money to the club and everyone has different circumstances or reasons behind what they choose to do. It has absolutely nothing to do with anybody else.

Really does grate on me.

Come on. It is very, very weird behaviour.

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Come on. It is very, very weird behaviour.

Why is it? I dont leave early but I also live 40 miles away from the ground. Leaving 5 minutes early can literally knock 20-25 minutes off getting back to the car/getting home which for some people, may be a necessity. Anyone would think a puppy dies everytime somebody leaves early the way some of the people on here go on.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Why is it? I dont leave early but I also live 40 miles away from the ground. Leaving 5 minutes early can literally knock 20-25 minutes off getting back to the car/getting home which for some people, may be a necessity. Anyone would think a puppy dies everytime somebody leaves early the way some of the people on here go on.

It's not a necessity for hundreds and hundreds of people in the club's first European semi-final though, is it. The odd person, maybe. But not in the numbers we see every week.

Edited by Voll Blau

Only my own view and if somebody leaves early then hey ho. I simply plan to see the whole match come what may. Try not plan other things around it. If I miss one train then will wait for the next one etc. Something I have noticed at gigs is when the artist is performing people want to queue for another pint. For me after paying  lots of dosh I want to see the performance. Have a drink before or after but not during. 

14 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

My answer to that is that someone probably shouldn’t be attending football matches if a prompt return home is an absolute necessity on a routine basis. I’m willing to bet that for 99% of people who leave early they don’t have a compelling reason to get home on time and, for a high percentage of them, an early dart doesn’t make that much difference to their travel time.

Personally, I don’t have a problem with people who want to go early. I, myself, sometimes try and time it so that I’m hitting the steps at the exact point when the whistle goes. I do this because I’m impatient and don’t like standing in a queue. 

My issue is with the people who self righteously claim they’re leaving for some higher purpose. Most of them are leaving early for the same reason that some people stand up on a plane as soon as it stops, power away from traffic lights to get one space ahead or get to work early to reserve the same parking space. It’s human nature that drives this - so get over yourselves and just admit that you’re a little bit anally retentive. 

• Like 1

I think that most us of want our team to win or at least achieve the best possible outcome. Most, I think, want to help the team in any way they can but to see others not being a part of that shared cause by leaving at a vital stage is both upsetting and rude. Some of the early leavers are letting down our off field team and it's more than just bad etiquette. Never give up, stay 'til the end and perhaps we'll get an occasional ending like the Madrid fans had last night. FNQ, and all that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

My answer to that is that someone probably shouldn’t be attending football matches if a prompt return home is an absolute necessity on a routine basis.

But they can because leaving a couple of minutes early alleviates that problem.

• Like 1

Living in Leeds I can confirm leaving a few minutes before the end can make a massive difference to the time I arrive home for midweek games. I usually stay to the end if I'm on my own, but if my other half has travelled, she usually likes to leave a few minutes before the end, depending on the game situation.

When you know it will be after midnight regardless, leaving early can save half an hour or even more. When it's work the following morning, I do understand her stance. If I lived locally, I'd definitely always stay.

35 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Living in Leeds I can confirm leaving a few minutes before the end can make a massive difference to the time I arrive home for midweek games. I usually stay to the end if I'm on my own, but if my other half has travelled, she usually likes to leave a few minutes before the end, depending on the game situation.

When you know it will be after midnight regardless, leaving early can save half an hour or even more. When it's work the following morning, I do understand her stance. If I lived locally, I'd definitely always stay.

Is there a better place to park? As I mention above, it is fairly easy to get onto the M69/M1 if parked off Narborough Road. However, on Aylestone Road side it's a nightmare post-match.

1 hour ago, orangecity23 said:

Someone on my row leaves early every game and has done for years, but stayed to the end ... of the Villa game. Of all the games to pick, stopped for the least exciting game in years. How do you explain that lol

....it could just be the very night a member of his family has been free to give respite care, as the home visit nurses will leave on time and his mother who has dementia would have her frail 80 year old husband who himself is exhibiting symptoms of Alzheimer's, the only person to care for her!!!

My friend has had to give up his season ticket in order to help care for his mother in a similar circumstances. When children of elderly people have their own families and live out of the city, it then tends to fall on one person to organise and manage the care, and to an extent put his or her life on hold.

2 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Really does grate on me.

Assuming folk get up and actually LEAVE as quickly as possible, then fine.

The closest I have come to a punch-up in recent years was when 3 blokes were leaving then stopped dead in front of me because of something happening on the pitch.

Dunno what was happening, because I couldn't see it.

I said if you're leaving then go. They looked at me as though I was the one at fault.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1

I can't lie, I went down on about 37 minutes. The only reason was though I was busting for a p*ss!

I'd only had 3 pints before the game and also went for a p*ss just before kick off as well. Maybe I'm getting old, but sorry for hurting your feelings.

I stayed until after the final whistle though so hopefully I'm back in the good books!

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

But they can because leaving a couple of minutes early alleviates that problem.

Think about the point I was making. They HAVE to leave early EVERY match because getting home on time is an ABSOLUTE NECESSITY!!

What if they leave early, but something else happens? They get stuck in traffic? Miss a train? Crash the car? Run somebody over? Get held up by a cow crossing a road? They’re taking a huge risk in attending the matches.

My personal opinion is that the “have to get home early” position is true only for a very small minority and probably for them only some of the time. The real reason is human nature (don’t like waiting, control freak, self importance  etc…) and there is nothing wrong with that. Just don’t stand in front of everyone on the way out 

22 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Is there a better place to park? As I mention above, it is fairly easy to get onto the M69/M1 if parked off Narborough Road. However, on Aylestone Road side it's a nightmare post-match.

Something to look at. We do usually park off Aylestone Road.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I can't lie, I went down on about 37 minutes. The only reason was though I was busting for a p*ss!

I'd only had 3 pints before the game and also went for a p*ss just before kick off as well. Maybe I'm getting old, but sorry for hurting your feelings.

I stayed until after the final whistle though so hopefully I'm back in the good books!

Even when I drink water (which is most games), I need the toilet at least once a match.

4 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Something to look at. We do usually park off Aylestone Road.

I remember the Man City game earlier this season (can't remember when). My mate left just before the end and they parked at the National Grid offices (off Aylestone Road). I left just after the final whistle, 15 min walk to car. By the time I was home (in Hinckley), they were still stuck by Fosse Park.

Edited by KrefelderFox666
  • Like 1

I’ve left early perhaps 4 or 5 times in 36 years. Usually when we’re a few goals down.

The first time I ever did it sticks in the memory. I remember the roar when Bobby Davison scored as I was walking away from Hillsborough. It was a League Cup game and it was our consolation goal in a 7-1 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday. 

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think this thread can be summed up that some are baffled by those choosing to miss portions of the match for inferior fodder/coverage, and most of us are maddened by selfish twats wanting their cake and eat it. 

So you’re either baffled or a selfish twat?