Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Leicester to appoint Martyn Glover as head of senior recruitment.

Martyn Glover has been lined up as Congerton’s replacement…

Hoping to start by summer, but notice period may mean he doesn’t start until the autumn.

Any thoughts?

Early thoughts are that it'd be a wise move. They recruit and sell at good profits often. Needed ASAP though...

Edit. Reading the article his track record at soton is v good, but previously he was at Everton...

Edited by sdb

In fairness it’s all fairly subjective. 

He might have identified Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe and Neymar. He’ll only play one part of the puzzle.  

If the club wants to shop in the bargain bins, then they’ll do that. 

The profiling is where we’ve done well previously. Last summer was a bit of a disaster though. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

whus7JO.png

This doesn't really fill me with excitement...The Everton and Sunderland stints specifically.

But I suppose this season the Saints signed Livramento and Broja who have been good for them.

Ah, didn't see he was at Sunderland. Be interest to see what his record is like over that entire time. Perhaps when I have a mo I'll have a look through...

4 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Did he scout vestergaard and Bertrand :ph34r:

Serious note uninspired by the lads he’s taken to Southampton. Che adams and Adam Armstrong as an example. 

Walker-Peters, Salisu, Dialio, Livramento have been solid permanent signings obviously has an eye for a defensive player.

Just now, davieG said:

When you get to that level it's as much about management of the scouting system than actual scouting other than to confirm what his team of scouts are telling him. Then he would recommend to Rudkin and Rodgers and i guess it would then be a joint decision.

Sounds easy where do I apply haha

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

In fairness it’s all fairly subjective. 

He might have identified Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe and Neymar. He’ll only play one part of the puzzle.  

If the club wants to shop in the bargain bins, then they’ll do that. 

The profiling is where we’ve done well previously. Last summer was a bit of a disaster though. 

Last summer is such a strange one. If we hadn't signed Vestergaard and Bertrand, you could justifiably say our signings were with an eye on the future, and needed time. It's recruiting for the here and now that worries me about that window.

Then again, there's always the chance of a Lil' Wes getting pulled out of a hat, so who knows.

Edited by CloudFox

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Sounds easy where do I apply haha

Mr Rudkin

Club King Power Stadium,

Filbert Way,

Leicester

LE2 7FL

Guest Chocolate Teapot

He worked under Steve Walsh at Everton so you can't squarely blame him for those signings. Livramento and Broja are exactly the sort of players we should be targeting though.

Guest David Oldfields Gate

I'm old school, let the manager choose the players. This role for me should be admin, logistics and gathering, not deciding.

20 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

I'm old school, let the manager choose the players. This role for me should be admin, logistics and gathering, not deciding.

Rodgers has said that Recruitment “starts and finishes” with him.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

The issue then turns into a Man U esq mess… managers like players should be brought in to match the clubs philosophy, if you go down the road of giving the manager free reign what happens if it doesn’t work out for said manager then the next manager comes in and the players don’t fit their vision? Granted the managers will have input in what they need but times have changed 

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

But player recruitment is not Rodgers strength.   

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Ah, didn't see he was at Sunderland. Be interest to see what his record is like over that entire time. Perhaps when I have a mo I'll have a look through...

Can't remember if he was one of those featured in the Netflix documentary Sunderland 'til I die. 2016, might have been and what a disaster that was. Hopefully nothing to do with him. 

• Like 1