Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Leicester to appoint Martyn Glover as head of senior recruitment.

9 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Does it matter? Recruitment is a team effort and, generally Leicester did quite well.

Well yes because you want your head of recruitment (who will more then likely outlast any manager) to be the one who finds gems. Very encouraging if it was Glover who found Fatawu

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Id love to know whether players like Fatawu were Glover recruits or Enzo and recommendations from his contacts back at Man City 

Fatawu was definitely Glover read an article the other day about him

9 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

The only one I didn't rate was Casadei and

He's gotta have been Enzo's. Stinks of stronzo that one. And Doyle. 

The Cannon signing was bizarre. That one stinks of Rudkin owing an agent a favour. 

Hermansen, didn't we hear that he was on Man City's radar as a potential long term replacement for Ederson? 

Mavididi and Fatawu. That's got our scouting team all over them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The Cannon signing was bizarre. That one stinks of Rudkin owing an agent a favour. 

Hermansen, didn't we hear that he was on Man City's radar as a potential long term replacement for Ederson? 

Cannon isn't bizarre, he's a young prospect who's unfortunately had injury problems. When he's played he's looked decent and I reckon he'll still turn out to be a decent striker for us. 

• Like 3

Regarding Fatawu:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-chief-praised-9244832

“We are very happy with Abdul,” Maresca said. “He’s a player that is thanks to Martyn Glover. He’s a player he showed me this summer. When I saw him I said this is the right profile we need. It was Martyn Glover’s idea.”

Unfortuantely the same article also says:

But amid City’s transfer embargo, Fatawu’s future remains uncertain, even for Maresca. Asked if he knew the situation over a potential permanent move for the 20-year-old, the manager said: “I have no idea. I don’t know what’s going on. It’s complicated.”

26 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It was said in a paper the other day Hermansen was on a list given to the manager by Glover. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

It was said in a paper the other day Hermansen was on a list given to the manager by Glover. 

Yeah, I wouldnt be surprised if it was. Earlier in the summer we were heavily linked with Zach Steffan and Trafford. Both Man C links we couldn’t/didn’t get over the line. Mads was rumoured and signed very swiftly after long rumours concerning the other two. Perhaps “third” after the managers choices didn’t materialise.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

27 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Souttar has to be his worse buy....we were truly robbed by Stoke for 15m..... probably get around 3m for him now

Behave. He would walk into every other defence in this league, will have no shortage of suitors in the summer. Just been very unlucky with game time this year 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Souttar has to be his worse buy....we were truly robbed by Stoke for 15m..... probably get around 3m for him now

It's very likely that Rodgers asked the recruitment team for an aerially dominant centre back to help us with our set piece problem. He's not even that bad, just not the right profile for our team.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Behave. He would walk into every other defence in this league, will have no shortage of suitors in the summer. Just been very unlucky with game time this year 

Really?

Even when you consider the remaining book value and his (probably) high wage. I doubt it.

I’ve been impressed when I’ve seen him, but he’ll be another we struggle to move on unless it’s loan deals.