Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Leicester to appoint Martyn Glover as head of senior recruitment.

13 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Can't remember if he was one of those featured in the Netflix documentary Sunderland 'til I die. 2016, might have been and what a disaster that was. Hopefully nothing to do with him. 

Was he the one that put Zlatan on the list?!? 

It's not an exciting one nor does it appear on the face of it to be a bad one. I think providing he can get the cogs in the machine working back how they were 3/4 years back then we'll be laughing.

Somebody earlier in the thread nailed it when they said this suggests LCFC are getting some of the power back.

• Like 1

He won't have had anything to do with Sunderland til I die, he was only really there at the time Allardyce was there.

I quite like the fact he's worked with Allardyce a lot. Allardyce has always been quite good at recruitment I think.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, stu said:

Walker-Peters, Salisu, Dialio, Livramento have been solid permanent signings obviously has an eye for a defensive player.

18 hours ago, Stadt said:

The Livramento & Broja signings at Southampton are encouraging. We should be looking at that bracket 

18 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Salisu, Diallo and Walker-Peters were all good signings the year before, too. 

Without prejudice, Diallo is average (a poor man's Papy Mendy), while Livramento might turn out great but has massively fallen off in recent months.

The jury is way way out on this one, but while hoping for the best, I am decidedly ambivalent (actually UN-excited) with our recent Southampton romance. 

22 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Without prejudice, Diallo is average (a poor man's Papy Mendy), while Livramento might turn out great but has massively fallen off in recent months.

The jury is way way out on this one, but while hoping for the best, I am decidedly ambivalent (actually UN-excited) with our recent Southampton romance. 

Diallo isn't average. 

Livramento has suffered with injuries and most recently suffered and ACL (he'd fit right in here!) but first half of the season he was getting very good reviews and praise. 

• Like 2

I think people put to much emphasis on this position, there’s a lot going on and many pieces to our recruitment that it’s not all going to collapse because of one man. Also some of those clubs are shitshows or were when he was there, whose to say that some of those players that didn’t work out could have been a great success elsewhere. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox

12 hours ago, AjcW said:

I was bored so…. (Key ££ signings, not included frees and loans) 

I’ll be honest it’s more the fact he’s best mates with Big Sam that bothers me than some of the honking players lol 

Blackburn Rovers (Managed by Sam Allardyce)

- Nikola Kalinic

- Gael Givet

- Pascal Chimbonda

- Steven N’Zonzi

- Jermaine Jones

- Ruben Rochina

- Roque Santa Cruz

West Ham (Managed by Sam Allardyce…)

- Kevin Nolan

- Sam Baldock

- Mathew Taylor

- Nicky Maynard lollol 

- Ravel Morrison

- Ricardo Vaz Te

- Matt Jarvis

- Modibo Maiga

- James Collins

- Alou Diara

- Andy Carroll

- Stephen Henderson

- Stewart Downing 👉

- Marco Borielo

- Ener Valencia

- Cheikhou Kouyate

- Diafra Sakho

- Aaron Cresswell 

- Morgan Amalfitano

(He left the season they signed Payet, Ogbonna and Antonio :()

Leeds (briefly) (Managed by Uwe Rosalee/Steve Evans)

- Chris Wood

- Stuart Dallas

Sunderland (briefly…) (Managed by… you guessed it…)

- Didier Ndong

- Papy Djilbodji

- Paddy McNair

- Mika

- Donald Love

Everton (not counting, he was chief scout not in charge of the deal decisions) 

Southampton (Managed by Ralf Hassenhutttlllsss)

- Danny Ings

- Che Adams

- Moussa Djenepo

- Kyle Walker Peters

- Mohamed Salisu

- Ibrahima Diallo

- Adam Armstrong

- Romain Perraud

- Lyanco

- Tino Livramento

Roll that 'dyce!!!!!

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He won't have had anything to do with Sunderland til I die, he was only really there at the time Allardyce was there.

I quite like the fact he's worked with Allardyce a lot. Allardyce has always been quite good at recruitment I think.

We're one step closer to making it happen...

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, brucey said:

If he has to work his notice period including the summer window at Southampton, I hope our summer window goes a bit better than the last one where we didn't have a head of recruitment in place. 

Head of recruitment would strike me as one of jobs that gardening leave was invented for! There is no way Southampton would want him anywhere near their scouting reports if he was going straight to a rival. On the flip side, regardless of actual start date, I'm pretty sure Leicester will be having plenty of unofficial conversations with him regarding any major transfers so I'd think his voice would be part of the process as soon as he has signed his contract with us.

• Like 1

On 02/05/2022 at 11:39, moore_94 said:

These are the players that were signed during his time at other clubs:

Southampton (joined April 2019 to current):

21/22 - Armstrong (17m), Perraud (12m), Lyanco (7.5m), Livramento (6m), Walcott (free), Broja (loan), Caballero (free)

20/21 - Walker-Peters (13m), Diallo (12m), Salisu (12m), Walcott (loan), Minamino (loan)

19/20 - Ings (25m), Adams (16m), Djenepo (15m), Danso (loan), Walker-Peters (loan)

Everton (joined August 2016 to April 2019):

18/19 - Richarlison (38m), Mina (30m), Digne (20m), Zouma (loan), Gomes (loan), Bernard (free)

17/18 - Gylfi (45m), Keane (25m), Pickford (25m), Klaassen (25m), Walcott (20m), Tosun (20m), Vlasic (10m), Onyekuru (8m), Sandro (5m), Rooney (free), Martina (free), Mangala (loan)

16/17 - Schneiderlin (23m), Lookman (8m) - as he joined in August, excluding all the summer transfers

Sunderland (joined Jan 2016 to August 2016):

16/17 - Ndong (20m), Djilibodji (9m), McNair (5m), Mika (1m), Love (1m), Pienaar (free), Januzaj (loan), Manquillo (loan), Denayer (loan) - summer only deals

Leeds (joined June 2015 to December 2015):

15/16 - Wood (3m), Dallas (2m), Botaka (500k), Erwin (free), Bamba (free), Turnbull (free), Buckley (loan), Adeyemi (loan)

West Ham (joined August 2011 to June 2015):

15/16 - Payet (15m), Ogbonna (11m), Antonio (10m), Obiang (6m), Jelavic (4m), Hendrie (1m), Randolph (free), Song (loan), Moses (loan), Lanzini (loan) - Payet, Ogbonna, Obiang, Randolph, Lanzini were all signed in June/July

14/15 - Valencia (15m), Kouyate (7m), Sakho (5m), Cresswell (5m), Henry (2m), Amalfitano (1m), Zarate, Poyet, Song (loan), Jenkinson (loan), Nene (free)

13/14 - Carroll (17m), Downing (6m), Borriello (loan), Rat (free), Adrian (free), Razak (free), Armero (loan), Nocerino (loan), Johnson (loan), Petric (free), Cole (free)

12/13 - Jarvis (9m), Maiga (6m), Collins (3m), Diarra (2m), Carroll (loan), Henderson (700k), Spiegel (400k), Pogatz (loan), Joe Cole (free), Diame (free), McCartney (free), Jaaskelainen (free), Chamakh (loan), Benayoun (loan)

11/12 - Maynard (2m), Morrison (750k), Vaz Te (600k), Collins (loan), Henderson (loan), John (loan) - Winter only

Some decent signings in that. 

On 03/05/2022 at 01:50, StanSP said:

Diallo isn't average.

Livramento has suffered with injuries and most recently suffered and ACL (he'd fit right in here!) but first half of the season he was getting very good reviews and praise. 

I suppose it’s all opinion…

But mine remains he’s bang average (and rather tellingly, Saints fans won’t mind seeing the back of him - cue Vestergaard and Bertrand).

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/05/2022 at 11:39, moore_94 said:

These are the players that were signed during his time at other clubs:

Southampton (joined April 2019 to current):

21/22 - Armstrong (17m), Perraud (12m), Lyanco (7.5m), Livramento (6m), Walcott (free), Broja (loan), Caballero (free)

20/21 - Walker-Peters (13m), Diallo (12m), Salisu (12m), Walcott (loan), Minamino (loan)

19/20 - Ings (25m), Adams (16m), Djenepo (15m), Danso (loan), Walker-Peters (loan)

Everton (joined August 2016 to April 2019):

18/19 - Richarlison (38m), Mina (30m), Digne (20m), Zouma (loan), Gomes (loan), Bernard (free)

17/18 - Gylfi (45m), Keane (25m), Pickford (25m), Klaassen (25m), Walcott (20m), Tosun (20m), Vlasic (10m), Onyekuru (8m), Sandro (5m), Rooney (free), Martina (free), Mangala (loan)

16/17 - Schneiderlin (23m), Lookman (8m) - as he joined in August, excluding all the summer transfers

Sunderland (joined Jan 2016 to August 2016):

16/17 - Ndong (20m), Djilibodji (9m), McNair (5m), Mika (1m), Love (1m), Pienaar (free), Januzaj (loan), Manquillo (loan), Denayer (loan) - summer only deals

Leeds (joined June 2015 to December 2015):

15/16 - Wood (3m), Dallas (2m), Botaka (500k), Erwin (free), Bamba (free), Turnbull (free), Buckley (loan), Adeyemi (loan)

West Ham (joined August 2011 to June 2015):

15/16 - Payet (15m), Ogbonna (11m), Antonio (10m), Obiang (6m), Jelavic (4m), Hendrie (1m), Randolph (free), Song (loan), Moses (loan), Lanzini (loan) - Payet, Ogbonna, Obiang, Randolph, Lanzini were all signed in June/July

14/15 - Valencia (15m), Kouyate (7m), Sakho (5m), Cresswell (5m), Henry (2m), Amalfitano (1m), Zarate, Poyet, Song (loan), Jenkinson (loan), Nene (free)

13/14 - Carroll (17m), Downing (6m), Borriello (loan), Rat (free), Adrian (free), Razak (free), Armero (loan), Nocerino (loan), Johnson (loan), Petric (free), Cole (free)

12/13 - Jarvis (9m), Maiga (6m), Collins (3m), Diarra (2m), Carroll (loan), Henderson (700k), Spiegel (400k), Pogatz (loan), Joe Cole (free), Diame (free), McCartney (free), Jaaskelainen (free), Chamakh (loan), Benayoun (loan)

11/12 - Maynard (2m), Morrison (750k), Vaz Te (600k), Collins (loan), Henderson (loan), John (loan) - Winter only

Noticeable players throughout this list who had a very good impact at there clubs or that are still involved to this day. Which is encouraging. 

Seems to have a good eye for talent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I don’t know if I’m looking to much into it, but the fact that Southampton are putting up a fight to get one last transfer window out of him, surely speaks volumes of his credibility no?

It's more likely with intelligence on their targets 

• Like 1