Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Believe our most expensive matchday ticket is now £60. Which is ludicrous in and of itself by the way. 

The cheapest seat at a Cleveland Browns game costs more than that.*  And that’s just a few nosebleed seats much further from the action than anything in most English stadiums.

If there’s people or businesses who are OK with paying 60 pounds per seat, why should they be given away for less?  These are not charities, they are football clubs trying to invest and compete.  There are plenty of seats for much less than that.

*  $79

48 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Carry on believing the marketing bollocks then. Again, there's a reason he wasn't wanted at Juventus and that a bigger club than man united didn't want him. What's the point of a Leicester fan being his fanboy and reiterating this drivel?

I'm a fanboy because he showed he's clearly still up to it? 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, KingsX said:

The cheapest seat at a Cleveland Browns game costs more than that.*  And that’s just a few nosebleed seats much further from the action than anything in most English stadiums.

If there’s people or businesses who are OK with paying 60 pounds per seat, why should they be given away for less?  These are not charities, they are football clubs trying to invest and compete.  There are plenty of seats for much less than that.

*  $79

Because it’s too much to charge someone to watch a game of football mate. Doesn’t go much further than that. 

Plus yours and many peoples frequency to employ the “well look how much x is paying there, we pay less so we can’t moan”argument is so reductive. Just because somebody else is getting stiffed more than us somewhere isn’t a reason for it to be so expensive. It’s a game for the working class. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, KingsX said:

*  $79

Horrible argument. If there are wealthier people able to pay for it then feck the rest?

• Like 3

Ticket prices are exactly the reason I prefer to go to away games.

I live in Northampton, so it costs me a bit to get to home games anyway, but with away ticket prices capped at 30 quid and kids normally half price, it makes more financial sense for me to take 2 kids to an away game, than it does a home game.

• Like 1

Let me put this plainly.  Supply and demand set the price of most things, including PL tickets.  Not anybody’s feelings about what they "should” cost.

The PL is the world’s most popular sports league.  The KP is usually packed.  Yet LCFC doesn’t charge much more for a basic ST than the bigger championship clubs.

Why care so much about what the most expensive ticket costs anyway?  I can’t afford a courtside seat for the Cavs any more than I can buy a Ferrari.  What matters to me is the price of a decent upper deck seat where I can go and enjoy the game.  If I want to watch hoops from third row center court, I occasionally go to Cleveland State University games -- where that seat is $25 for the simple reason that not many other people want it.  Life is good either way.

But by all means, keep moaning like the damned over ticket prices we can only dream of. 

40 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Let me put this plainly.  Supply and demand set the price of most things, including PL tickets.  Not anybody’s feelings about what they "should” cost.

The PL is the world’s most popular sports league.  The KP is usually packed.  Yet LCFC doesn’t charge much more for a basic ST than the bigger championship clubs.

Why care so much about what the most expensive ticket costs anyway?  I can’t afford a courtside seat for the Cavs any more than I can buy a Ferrari.  What matters to me is the price of a decent upper deck seat where I can go and enjoy the game.  If I want to watch hoops from third row center court, I occasionally go to Cleveland State University games -- where that seat is $25 for the simple reason that not many other people want it.  Life is good either way.

But by all means, keep moaning like the damned over ticket prices we can only dream of. 

You think we're all sat in a room bashing our heads against a wall trying to figure out how prices could possibly get so high? No mate, we all know football clubs are businesses. That's the f-ing problem.

You can also rationalise why taxes, petrol and energy is so expensive, doesn't make it any easier to deal with if you're already scraping the barrel.

But this is a much wider conversation about the money in football for me, costs are passed on to the fans via ticket prices while players kick up fuss about an extra 20 grand a week.

But I'm proper digressing. Agree to disagree.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KingsX said:

You're conflating American sport with football clubs, which makes me think you don't really understand what a football club is, the heritage and the history of what this sport is built on, and it scares me 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Quite fancy Fulham to stay up this time. They had a decent side anyway tbf.

A big factor will be if Mitrovic can finally step up

I know Forest are spending, but I expect them still to struggle. And Brentford this time too. Losing Christian Erikssen is a big loss for them 

6 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

£100 for a match day ticket 😳

And it's £50 to be a member. No gifts for that either. Members do get a £5 discount on match tickets. It's still daylight robbery. 

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

And it's £50 to be a member. No gifts for that either. Members do get a £5 discount on match tickets. It's still daylight robbery. 

Well, if anything, it certainly justifies singing "Does your butler know you're here".

Football isn’t a normal sector, there’s essentially zero threat of ‘customers’ switching and only a very small threat of substitution.

For the vast majority of clubs the support is hyper-local, so the devotion and geography ensure demand is quite inelastic.

21 hours ago, TJQuik said:

And yet no sane club will be lining up to buy him. There's a reason Juventus wanted him gone and the biggest club he got to was Man United (no, man city were not interested).

Mate Man Utd would of been fighting relegation without Ronaldo’s goals he single handily put them in there position, I think every club in the league would want him in the team tbf,  you shrugging him off like he’s hamza choudhury (can’t get rid of him) is laughable 

23 hours ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Mate Man Utd would of been fighting relegation without Ronaldo’s goals he single handily put them in there position, I think every club in the league would want him in the team tbf,  you shrugging him off like he’s hamza choudhury (can’t get rid of him) is laughable 

And they finished 2nd the year before without him (and Sancho,) they had apparently strengthened their side but ultimately made it weaker while paying 500K + to a 37 year old mess.

Nobody wants Ronaldo damaging the dressing room / management control and they don't want to pay 500+ on a 37 year old it's that simple. United being reliant on him to score goals has been a problem but they lost Greenwood, Sancho/Rashford out of form, they were awful at holding the ball, and the biggest difference is Ronaldo has restricted Bruno's output.

If I was Ten Hag I'd want Ronaldo out ASAP. The only reason why he's actually wanted around is marketing/branding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedSoxUK said:

And they finished 2nd the year before without him (and Sancho,) they had apparently strengthened their side but ultimately made it weaker while paying 500K + to a 37 year old mess.

Nobody wants Ronaldo damaging the dressing room / management control and they don't want to pay 500+ on a 37 year old it's that simple. United being reliant on him to score goals has been a problem but they lost Greenwood, Sancho/Rashford out of form, they were awful at holding the ball, and the biggest difference is Ronaldo has restricted Bruno's output.

If I was Ten Hag I'd want Ronaldo out ASAP. The only reason why he's actually wanted around is marketing/branding.

If you think Ronaldo is the problem  with man utd's dressing room god help you. 

He's not far off the only good thing about it lol