Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

16 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Coronation of King Charles confirmed for May 6th, we're away to Fulham. Are we thinking games for that day will be moved due to policing and security?

Almost certainly I’d imagine

The long wait for a Saturday away game at Fulham goes on..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Realise it is not Premier League related, but it is surely the first step to lifting the 3pm black out in the PL too?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63226838

Hope not, non league/grass roots is having a bit a resurgence since covid hit. Would be a shame for that to be undone by pubs being able to freely show 3pm kick offs. Hopefully government prevent it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Hope not, non league/grass roots is having a bit a resurgence since covid hit. Would be a shame for that to be undone by pubs being able to freely show 3pm kick offs. Hopefully government prevent it.

Yeah, that’s fair enough and can see the logic. If it has seen a resurgence then it should stay to ensure this is on-going.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Realise it is not Premier League related, but it is surely the first step to lifting the 3pm black out in the PL too?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63226838

Thank god. Keeping something which we're so scared to lose without even experimenting it? It's a backwards rule which punishes fans who absolutely will not go and watch local football, and just want the opportunity to watch their team if they can't attend a home game, want to watch the away game etc.

Nice to see this element of football may be peeking into the 21st century at last.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah, that’s fair enough and can see the logic. If it has seen a resurgence then it should stay to ensure this is on-going.

Indeed. The extra income is massive to these clubs, hundreds if not thousands up and down the country who are part of local communities.

Just now, Footballwipe said:

Thank god. Keeping something which we're so scared to lose without even experimenting it? It's a backwards rule which punishes fans who absolutely will not go and watch local football, and just want the opportunity to watch their team if they can't attend a home game, want to watch the away game etc.

Nice to see this element of football may be peeking into the 21st century at last.

Unfortunately I think this view will eventually be taken as money and greed dictates decision making. The plus side is that it'll eventually eats itself and then fans will be flocking to their local clubs anyway.

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Nottingham Forest sack their head of recruitment and head scout after splashing £150MILLION on 22 players during the summer, with club sat second from bottom in the Premier League after just one win all season

It doesn't make any sense unless the rumours that Cooper didn't have any involvement in the signings are true and this is the reason he's not sacked. On the other hand, you have 2 people involved in new signings and the manager accepts blindly these players? The scouting team recommends a shortlist of players to the manager. It was Cooper's decision to proceed or not with contracts. 

Meanwhile we're bottom of the table and nobody is sacked. 

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Unfortunately I think this view will eventually be taken as money and greed dictates decision making. The plus side is that it'll eventually eats itself and then fans will be flocking to their local clubs anyway.

If they do then they do, that'll be great for those clubs. I still find it genuinely mind blowing that we're fine with throttling access to televised football for the *potential* to benefit lower league clubs.

X can't go to the Bournemouth away game but can't watch it because we think he, or others MIGHT head down to see Coalville Town. He won't, he'll go and do something else instead of the one thing he actually wants to do - but just in case let's inconvenience potentially hundreds of thousands of football fans.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

If they do then they do, that'll be great for those clubs. I still find it genuinely mind blowing that we're fine with throttling access to televised football for the *potential* to benefit lower league clubs.

X can't go to the Bournemouth away game but can't watch it because we think he, or others MIGHT head down to see Coalville Town. He won't, he'll go and do something else instead of the one thing he actually wants to do - but just in case let's inconvenience potentially hundreds of thousands of football fans.

I'd probably be okay with it if it was only allowed for private use and not public consumption. So as long as it's for private use and not commercial, people are probably doing it anyway.

I think if pubs/bars and public places were allowed to show the games, then it'd have a dramatic impact on attendances.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Tbf I was literally at a non league game the other week where I saw supporters watching two separate PL games on their phones. 

Filbert is bang on if it’s policed with some blackout type rule and private use, it will work. 

If it doesn’t, I can foresee a future where Non League games kick off at 1pm to avoid a clash and then use their bars as a place to watch the 3pm kick off (the early KOs off are happening cos of energy use regardless) 

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

are you telling me we got the wrong guy from southampton… again!! 😡😡😡

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Didn’t he join them in the summer to replace Glover?

This is what I don't know! Maybe he was in another position at Southampton 

Big step up for Shields going from Man City academy recruitment to Chelsea recruitment director in less than a year. All he's done at Soton is pick off the best of Man City U23 team. They seem to be good signings but spending hundreds of millions at Chelsea is a different kettle of fish. Seems like Bohley being a bit quick off the mark a la £50m bid for Lavia after 5 PL games. 

• Like 1