Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, Col city fan said:

Forest win later and I think it’s effectively over 

Not really, but we need Southampton to win. Tonight is Forest’s last winnable game on paper.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Not really, but we need Southampton to win. Tonight is Forest’s last winnable game on paper.

Yeah, if Forest lose tonight I think they come down with us. Leeds could get a result from Spurs at home on the last day. Forest will have Chelsea away, Arsenal at home and Palace away after this and probably won't get another point.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Already over imo, the fight and ability isn’t there, but it would be yet another nail in the coffin. We will get a maximum of 3 more points and that is me being outlandishly optimistic.

Do I really think we can beat West Ham? No.

Do I think it would be enough to get only 3 points for the rest of the season? Also no. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Just now, Col city fan said:

I think we’re past that col 

you saw the mental state of our players today - and that was outside the bottom three. By the time they play next Monday they are pretty much certain to be in it.  We don’t have it in us - too many players aren’t here next season irrespective of us staying up and I wonder if some agents have actually told their players that our relegation will actually be positive for their wallets. Whilst you have professional pride,   I wonder what happens 2-0 down and under pressure- are you going the extra 1% and running through a wall ? 

Well done Everton and Dyche. That is exactly what we needed today and was more than doable with most other teams. 

Fully expect Forest to win theirs too. 

Deserve to go down, and hopefully we can flush out much of this squad in the process. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

4 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Yeah, if Forest lose tonight I think they come down with us. Leeds could get a result from Spurs at home on the last day. Forest will have Chelsea away, Arsenal at home and Palace away after this and probably won't get another point.

Why do you think palace beat forest last game ?

A.year ago, forest won a play off final - I’d trust them way more than us to get a result on the final day. Their players look much more together than ours 

Guest bennytwohats
2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

As good as Everton have been today. They play Man City next week and could be right back in it again. Assuming someone manages to find a win from somewhere. 

Wolves and Bournemouth after that though. Both easier games than today on paper.

3 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Need a massive favour now from Southampton. Unfortunately I just can’t see it.

How many points do you think we'll get from the last three?

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

As good as Everton have been today. They play Man City next week and could be right back in it again. Assuming someone manages to find a win from somewhere. 

They have Bournemouth though should beat them at home

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think the point is that you look at their performances against us and today and irrespective of Man City, they will get another win from wolves and Bournemouth 

Just now, st albans fox said:

I think the point is that you look at their performances against us and today and irrespective of Man City, they will get another win from wolves and Bournemouth 

Not so sure about them beating us. We've won 4 home games in a row without conceding a goal. 

Everton are safe now, although not mathematically they’ve taken the advantage. The only hope we’ve got is Forest lose today….. as the three of us have very difficult games next. 

Between us Leeds and Forest it’s going down the the final game. Let’s just hope Leeds and Forest lose their next two as well, and we can all have a straight shoot out.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Probably but you never know. 

Guest Col city fan
7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think we’re past that col 

you saw the mental state of our players today - and that was outside the bottom three. By the time they play next Monday they are pretty much certain to be in it.  We don’t have it in us - too many players aren’t here next season irrespective of us staying up and I wonder if some agents have actually told their players that our relegation will actually be positive for their wallets. Whilst you have professional pride,   I wonder what happens 2-0 down and under pressure- are you going the extra 1% and running through a wall ? 

Genuinely quite heartbreaking mate 

That it should come to this.