Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Hate that penalties are given for challenges like that. The forest player has no intention of going for the ball, he just sticks his leg out knowing that the Southampton player is trying to clear it. If anything is should be a free kick to Southampton for obstruction

• Like 2

Just now, MancFox24 said:

Hate that penalties are given for challenges like that. The forest player has no intention of going for the ball, he just sticks his leg out knowing that the Southampton player is trying to clear it. If anything is should be a free kick to Southampton for obstruction

I agree. Don't like them either. 

Incredible what can happen when you have 11 players that are up for a fight from minute one.

We have started games disgustingly for the best part of 2 years now......we are rotten to the core

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I agree. Don't like them either. 

Also agree but not sure how you legislate against it in the laws of the game without unintended consequences which would also mean some genuine pens don’t get given 

12 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

"The guy defending in today's 5-3 defeat to Fulham", if anyone's struggling with this

Even with todays result armarty should never have been playing week in week out over cags,... and cags has been ok since coming back, even after the rodgers grudge, hes come back to a team thats been mentally ripped apart 

11 minutes ago, hejammy said:

But why? It was exactly the same but the keeper dived? By watching it, it justifies him putting it down the middle? 

I had no problem with madders putting his pen down the middle until I found out that he’d only taken three competitive pens in the past five years and two were put down the middle.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

Ours and Everton's results have been the changer today. This was expected.

Everton has been the surprise for me. I didn’t expect us to get anything at Fulham but I didn’t expect Everton to get everything at Brighton.

I always thought Forest would win tonight but it would be the last game they pick up points.

Just now, SuperMike said:

This thread seems to have gone very Anti-Leicester! So I'll probably get slated for the following statement:

Forest are the jammiest b******s the premier league have ever seen...

No they haven’t. Can’t be jammy over the course of a whole season. 

• Like 2

I think it will stay like this now. 

Can't see Leeds doing much, and Everton will pick up another win, and still fancy Forest to get something at Palace. 

Saints, Us and Leeds in the Championship next season. Yuck! 

• Like 3

Last few weeks about Penalties…& we came worse off…only converting 1/3

Mondays really giving us those stomach-churning outcomes…

But…& But again could we still steal the points over the next Mondays,

Against all those crazy odds.

We should all go out,and chase those those fat ladies,with velvet voices and make bloody sure she doesn’t yet start to warble….

Its the hope that kills and delivers the most pain, but any drop of shithousery that’s

going…I‘ll take that pain just to send those blue Mondays to others…

We haven’t yet seen any of that required steel in most of our players,I live in a crazy mist of medis, that allow me to suffer longer days,let’s use those off-shoot,crazy

belief‘s that a dream train,a magic selection from the 3 Amigos can still pull something out of those fat lady‘s vocals…

Forest,Everton,Leeds were adrift,we fked this up & gave them reason to fight in their

distress…

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Also agree but not sure how you legislate against it in the laws of the game without unintended consequences which would also mean some genuine pens don’t 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Also agree but not sure how you legislate against it in the laws of the game without unintended consequences which would also mean some genuine pens don’t get given 

Yeah, it's a difficult one. I don't think it's a case of changing the laws. But to me it's the same as when vardy used to leave a leg out so it got caught. You rarely see them get given as penalties now. The forest player has basically just put his leg in way of the player clearing it with the intention of getting kicked. He has no interest in the ball. I've seen a few of them this year and I think you could show those examples to refs and say these situations aren't penalties