Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

The most depressing thing about watching this match is how utterly dreadful both teams are and we are amongst them.

One thing you can say about Southampton's players is they've fallen short because of quality over falling short of effort. At least as a fan you can accept that.

Yep. We have the bulk of the squad who took us to a European semi-final, won an FA Cup and Community Shield as well as successive top five finishes. Completely and utterly signed out this season.

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Leicester:
Liverpool - L
Newcastle - L
West Ham - D 

Forest: 
Chelsea - L
Arsenal - L
Palace - D

Everton:
Man City - L
Wolves - W
Bournemouth - L

This is all over. 

Leeds are in it more than Everton

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Leeds are in it more than Everton

Yeah I'm going on the assumption Leeds and Southampton are down already and we are fighting for the final safety spot, Leeds are just as bad as us so I didn't even bother putting them in the equation lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DennisNedry said:

Yeah we're gone now aren't we?

Southampton, us and Leeds to drop. 

I wouldn't write off Leeds getting above Forest just because of fixtures and goal difference, but that's certainly looking the most likely scenario now.

1 minute ago, DennisNedry said:

Yeah we're gone now aren't we?

Southampton, us and Leeds to drop. 

I'm brainwashing myself that this is needed. The club needs a reset, any bullshit I can convince myself to accept to take away the pain of supporting a club that is riddled with spineless players and board members. :cry:

Just now, Mark_w said:

I wouldn't write off Leeds getting above Forest just because of fixtures and goal difference, but that's certainly looking the most likely scenario now.

Yeah on paper they definitely have a chance of a scrap especially with Big Sam, but good god they are awful at the moment. Just our luck to go down on the last day of the season to a last minute winner from a Big Sam side or something. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Couldn't really have been a worse weekend really. 

Messed us right up. 

Well Leeds could have won but yeah I know what you mean.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Honestly not sure they get another point after tonight and 33 might not be enough.

33 won't be enough.  Forest are capable of beating either Chelsea or Palace which will put them on 36.

If Everton can get a a draw and a win they are safe. (36)

If the results above happen, we need two wins which would put us above them on goal difference.  Then there's Leeds....

Just now, Charnwood Norris said:

33 won't be enough.  Forest are capable of beating either Chelsea or Palace which will put them on 36.

If Everton can get a a draw and a win they are safe. (36)

If the results above happen, we need two wins which would put us above them on goal difference.  Then there's Leeds....

I'm not questioning the fact we're gone, just that they're safe.

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Yeah on paper they definitely have a chance of a scrap especially with Big Sam, but good god they are awful at the moment. Just our luck to go down on the last day of the season to a last minute winner from a Big Sam side or something. 

They put up more of a fight against Man City than we did, could even have stolen a point at the end there with an incredibly healthy dose of luck. West Ham may well have their focus entirely on the ECL when they play and Tottenham on the final day are very capable of just not bothering. My guess would still be Forest staying up but I definitely think Leeds are capable. Ourselves and Southampton are the only two I see no real path to safety for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

They put up more of a fight against Man City than we did, could even have stolen a point at the end there with an incredibly healthy dose of luck. West Ham may well have their focus entirely on the ECL when they play and Tottenham on the final day are very capable of just not bothering. My guess would still be Forest staying up but I definitely think Leeds are capable. Ourselves and Southampton are the only two I see no real path to safety for.

They didn't apart from last 5 minutes