Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

They put up more of a fight against Man City than we did, could even have stolen a point at the end there with an incredibly healthy dose of luck. West Ham may well have their focus entirely on the ECL when they play and Tottenham on the final day are very capable of just not bothering. My guess would still be Forest staying up but I definitely think Leeds are capable. Ourselves and Southampton are the only two I see no real path to safety for.

Completely agree, it's sad reading. 

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

They didn't apart from last 5 minutes

Well they fell apart by one fewer goal and Man City left their better players on longer against Leeds.

No more chances now. We've expended each and every one of them.

We lose against Newcastle and Liverpool, probably heavily, and get a draw at best against West Ham.

We end with fewer points than Everton and Forest have now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

No more chances now. We've expended each and every one of them.

We lose against Newcastle and Liverpool, probably heavily, and get a draw at best against West Ham.

We end with fewer points than Everton and Forest have now.

That's how I see it panning out. 

Today couldn't have gone any worse! Had a feeling both Everton and forest would win, we need to pull a miracle out of the bag and beat Liverpool which I don't see happening in a million years... hi championship!

• Like 1

Just now, Supergray22 said:

Strange things do happen. Look at Everton away at brighton today. 
Bounce back at home next week 🦊

But Everton looked ok recently 

shut out at palace 

good first half v newcastle 

better team at our place 

today was a surprise at the Amex but the way we’ve been playing recently it will be a complete shock if we beat a resurgent liverpool who are winning every game atm 

Liverpool are unbeaten in eight and flying.

It's more likely they repeat their result at Leeds against us than us getting anything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Supergray22 said:

Win win. 

You are right of course we are fooked but let me a dream bit longer please. I’m not feeling great atm. 

Don't do it to yourself.

You'll be gutted when Salah rolls home the fifth to complete his hat-trick.

1 hour ago, joachim1965 said:

I have a very sneaky suspicion we may be in a little bit of relegation bother.

Stop exaggerating…it will be alright on the night…

oh this forum doesn’t half panic…:whistle:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Also agree but not sure how you legislate against it in the laws of the game without unintended consequences which would also mean some genuine pens don’t get given 

I mean, if the defender can't even see the attacker who's diving in from behind, then it's a little unfair to punish him for trying to clear a ball out of his own box. 

Just now, The Doctor said:

what about the remaining 80 minutes after that though 

They can just sub off the entire XI and replace them with eleven kids from the Make A Wish Foundation. Our lot won't notice the difference. 

Well folks, if anyone thought we had a chance before today, it’s well and truly over now!

Need to start identifying some leaders for our Championship team next season. What a steep learning curve for Top, has completely undone all the amazing work his father did and we start from scratch (almost) again! Need some solid pros back in this squad.

We barely looked like a lower championship side today, I switched around the broadcaster at half time today and most of the pundits were shocked how bad we were. If I were smith, I wouldn't know who to play against Liverpool, I must say though that I think they can't have put much in to watching our previous games to get to grips with where our problems lie, the three amigos have made the situation worse 

2 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Well folks, if anyone thought we had a chance before today, it’s well and truly over now!

Need to start identifying some leaders for our Championship team next season. What a steep learning curve for Top, has completely undone all the amazing work his father did and we start from scratch (almost) again! Need some solid pros back in this squad.

He needs to start by getting rid of Whelan and Rudkin 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Losing 5-3 was the problem not other results.

I think it’s fair to say both have contributed to us dropping into the relegation zone again.

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

He needs to start by getting rid of Whelan and Rudkin 

Ok just for argument, what haven’t they done,what devious things have they been upto. How much is on their shoulders…

I really don’t know the ins & outs..

1 hour ago, Supergray22 said:

Strange things do happen. Look at Everton away at brighton today. 
Bounce back at home next week 🦊

Hope is eternal…I am a sucker & believe right upto the time it’s decided on the Maths

• Like 1