Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ok just for argument, what haven’t they done,what devious things have they been upto. How much is on their shoulders…

I really don’t know the ins & outs..

They, as far as I can tell, run the business of the football club; contracts, staff, and general management of the club, and it's that that has ruined us.

Top is a Thai national,only experience of business by what he's seen of his father. This pair should be advising the guy, they should have seen this coming a mile off. I called it after the summer window 

• Like 2

Does anyone think that something was amiss with Brighton v Everton? Brighton are a very decent team and Everton are poor. Some of the goals were very strange.keeper had a shocker. It seemed an odd outcome.

• Haha 1

Just now, markko said:

Does anyone think that something was amiss with Brighton v Everton? Brighton are a very decent team and Everton are poor. Some of the goals were very strange.keeper had a shocker. It seemed an odd outcome.

Nope. Brighton rocked up thinking they'd stroll it. Played some arrogant Brendan-ball. And deservedly got mugged on the counter numerous times by a well up for it Everton.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, markko said:

I would be genuinely interested to know what it is you suspect happened.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, markko said:

"But football can't be fixed" 😲😲

4 hours ago, markko said:

Oh, FFS.

6 hours ago, markko said:

Oh my why does no one want to fix Leicester games in our favour. So unfair..   

Edited by Brizzle Fox
This is sarcasm by the way

7 hours ago, markko said:

They should have put 4 past us in the first half last week

Edited by MattFox

31 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Interested to see how Brighton handle the next season or two actually. Their run in this season is horrible and they're in for a summer of bids for their players. 

could go the way we've gone but they are much much better run, they've got a chairman who knows football and has contingency plans for everything, we've got John ****ing Rudkin in charge of the football side of things (Top is just the wallet let's be honest) who couldn't plan a piss up in a brewery. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Interested to see how Brighton handle the next season or two actually. Their run in this season is horrible and they're in for a summer of bids for their players. 

They will lose one or two but cant see that many leaving. Mac allister and Coicedo probably maybe Mitona but i think he will still be there. 

They have already signed Pedro from Watford and Milner from Liverpool so they are already forward planning. 

There business model is great, there having a massive purple patch when it comes to signings and their manager seems to know what he is doing! 

Can see them pushing for europe again next year. 

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

could go the way we've gone but they are much much better run, they've got a chairman who knows football and has contingency plans for everything, we've got John ****ing Rudkin in charge of the football side of things (Top is just the wallet let's be honest) who couldn't plan a piss up in a brewery. 

Oh absolutely, and this is why I'm interested I guess. Even when doing things correctly it is a very tough nut to crack with the amount of spending those around you can do. And inevitably clubs like Brentford and Brighton are going to have players demanding higher wages soon.

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

They will lose one or two but cant see that many leaving. Mac allister and Coicedo probably maybe Mitona but i think he will still be there. 

They have already signed Pedro from Watford and Milner from Liverpool so they are already forward planning. 

There business model is great, there having a massive purple patch when it comes to signings and their manager seems to know what he is doing! 

Can see them pushing for europe again next year. 

Yep, they were very prompt when Potter left too. Really well organised club, but can see the likes of Spurs and Chelsea being much better next season. 

Just now, Number 6 said:

Yep, they were very prompt when Potter left too. Really well organised club, but can see the likes of Spurs and Chelsea being much better next season. 

And yet we were stuck with Mini Me. 

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

Think for those two it depends on who the managers are they bring in. 

Chelsea i can see as its a case of getting that squad to paly together but spurs have some massive rebuilding to do, they are in a terrible situation 

12 hours ago, markko said:

No. We did that against Bournemouth, Newcastle and (perhaps not as bad a score line but a piss poor performance) Everton last year. 

Big game players earn big money for a reason. 

https://www.football365.com/news/feature-premier-league-coronation-weekend-worst-xi-leeds-brighton-newcastle-leicester

Premier League weekend’s worst XI…

There were two keepers worse than David De Gea this weekend, while Brighton, Leicester and Leeds are all represented by three players each in this mad weekend’s worst XI…

Judging by their WhoScored ratings, this lot had a miserable Bank Holiday weekend…

GK: Jason Steele – 4.47
The Brighton keeper was the lowest-ranked of five sub-six keepers this weekend and one of three worse than David De Gea (5.59). Steele made one save but still conceded five goals from five shots on target, with Everton profiting from a first-half own goal by Roberto De Zerbi’s stopper of choice. For now.

RB: Timothy Castagne – 5.93
Going forward, Castagne helped spark a brief Leicester revival, crossing in the build-up to Harvey Barnes’ goal and passing into Jamie Vardy before the penalty the striker missed. But like most of Dean Smith’s men, he struggled defensively, giving Fulham the ball 14 times.

CB: Wout Faes – 5.70
The Leicester centre-back endured a wretched first half, running around in circles for Fulham’s second goal and giving the ball away in the build up to the third. Overall, Faes lost two-thirds of his six duels.

CB: Fabian Schar – 5.69 
The Newcastle centre-back scored an own goal at one end and missed a big chance at the other. Schar gave Arsenal the ball 14 times, most of the time from an aimless lump, with only one of his nine attempted long passes finding a black-and-white shirt.

Fabian Schar reacts after scoring an own-goal in Newcastle's defeat to Arsenal.

LB: Pervis Estupinan – 5.40
The Brighton left-back seemed to go AWOL for Everton’s first couple of goals and though he improved after the break, the damage had been done. Lost four of six duels and gave the ball away 23 times.

MF: Boubakary Soumare – 5.93
The Leicester midfielder was dispossessed for Fulham’s second goal and Soumare wildly missed a tackle in the build-up to the fourth. One of three hooked by Smith before the Foxes scored twice late on as Fulham eased off.

MF: Adam Forshaw – 5.87
Just 11 accurate passes from central midfield for Forshaw and eight turnovers from 23 touches before Sam Allardyce put him out of his misery with 10 still to go.

AM: Denis Undav – 5.80
Undav played just off Danny Welbeck for 45 minutes before both were hooked as part of a quadruple substitution just before the break. Every fourth touch of 16 was a turnover, though Undav will reasonably point to an abject lack of service.

RW: Willy Gnonto – 5.60
One of the great mysteries of Javi Gracia’s reign at Leeds was why he seemed wholly reluctant to play Gnonto, who has been one of the stars of a miserable season for the Yorkshiremen. Perhaps the answer was to be found in his 15 touches in just under an hour at the Etihad and his 0% success rate in five duels. No dribbles, crosses, shots, tackles or interceptions.

Read more: Liverpool flop and Leeds record buy among ten stupidest transfers of the Premier League season

LW: Jack Harrison – 5.62
It is difficult to be too hard on Leeds’ attacking players, especially those who only played the first hour or so while Manchester City passed around them. But Harrison is damned by the fact he lost possession 12 times from only 15 touches. Like Gnonto, Harrison also lost all of his duels while failing to complete a dribble.

CF: Callum Wilson – 5.81
The Newcastle striker was pocketed by Arsenal defenders Gabriel and Jakub Kiwior, who restricted Wilson to just 17 touches, which led to 11 turnovers. No shots and only three accurate passes before Eddie Howe replaced him in the 78th minute.

31 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Oh absolutely, and this is why I'm interested I guess. Even when doing things correctly it is a very tough nut to crack with the amount of spending those around you can do. And inevitably clubs like Brentford and Brighton are going to have players demanding higher wages soon.

was speaking through this with my Brentford pal 

he said they had quite a few running down their contracts (on low salaries) who they won’t be sorry to see leave 

that they’d re signed a number within the past eighteen months or so out to 2027 who he expected to be sold at some point in the next 18 months 

And that he was sure the club was being run intelligently in this respect. Expect to see a good few ins and outs over the next 14 months 

I think yesterday was a sign of what was to come for Brighton, having an amazing time this season but I do feel this there wonder season bit similar to Watford I believe, the year before they went down I think they finished 9th and were buzzing with that. The following season they finished 20th. 

13 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Owner is a professional gambler 

A bit surprised more hasn't been made of this in the press, Bloom bets tens of millions every week on the Prem. Surely a conflict of interest. 

1 minute ago, Poznan34 said:

A bit surprised more hasn't been made of this in the press, Bloom bets tens of millions every week on the Prem. Surely a conflict of interest. 

Brentford owner the same. Conflict of interest for sure but no-one made much of a fuss about Stoke either and they're owned by the biggest sports bookies on the planet and played front and centre of the Prem for nearly a decade with their stadium & shirts branded up.

When you consider the sheer volumes of money on most Premier League fixtures each week you'd be ridiculous to think there isn't enough reason for corruption.