Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

13 hours ago, markko said:

Does anyone think that something was amiss with Brighton v Everton? Brighton are a very decent team and Everton are poor. Some of the goals were very strange.keeper had a shocker. It seemed an odd outcome.

My money is on aliens.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

A bit surprised more hasn't been made of this in the press, Bloom bets tens of millions every week on the Prem. Surely a conflict of interest. 

4 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Brentford owner the same. Conflict of interest for sure but no-one made much of a fuss about Stoke either and they're owned by the biggest sports bookies on the planet and played front and centre of the Prem for nearly a decade with their stadium & shirts branded up.

When you consider the sheer volumes of money on most Premier League fixtures each week you'd be ridiculous to think there isn't enough reason for corruption.

I think the bloom and benham gambling models are very sophisticated 

However, they will be able to get inside info re injuries and that could have a small effect on the market - these guys work on v small margins 

I doubt v much that they would try and influence a result because the risks are absolutely huge - but just a bit of insider information can help - but again, I think their operations are very complex.  But the authorities should be taking an interest in the risks 

• Like 1

Time wasting in the league by club. 

we are the 3rd lowest… i guess that makes sense as we are never in the lead 

* this is based on the average time delay before play restarts after a stoppage 

69DA1208-037F-490D-BB3F-FB7C2FD1E0D3.jpeg

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think yesterday was a sign of what was to come for Brighton, having an amazing time this season but I do feel this there wonder season bit similar to Watford I believe, the year before they went down I think they finished 9th and were buzzing with that. The following season they finished 20th. 

Never change

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

This did give me a laugh :D

Newcastle whinging about other teams time wasting and playing the dark arts will never not be funny. Eddie Howe is the absolute master of it.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Been trying to see if this is official online but been told by number of people that Jeff Stelling new replacement on soccer Saturday is.... Michelle Owen. Thoughts on that if true. 

never heard of her :P

23 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Who's on the wind up putting maddison in there? 

Two assists and a goal would be the reason why I guess. Just number crunched stats isn’t it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Been trying to see if this is official online but been told by number of people that Jeff Stelling new replacement on soccer Saturday is.... Michelle Owen. Thoughts on that if true. 

I like Michelle Owen but given the shoes she'd be trying to fill this seems like a bit of a hospital pass.

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Could be worse, could be Michael Owen....

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

She's the definition of inoffensive, nothing wrong with her tbh. 

Don't know anyone who actually watches Soccer Saturday anyway but folk still get worked up about it.

I wonder what it could be...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

The real question is what are these 18% of journalists on?

They voted for Scott Parker as the best player in a season when West Ham finished bottom.