Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

How did Weston mckennie get a good reputation

I love Serie A, it's possibly my favourite league at the moment, it's had a massive resurgence over the last decade after falling well behind the Prem, Bundesliga and La Liga.

But it's still a league with a huge amount of disparity and the bottom half lacks a fair bit of quality. It's also a not anywhere near the pace and intensity of the Premier League or Bundesliga. Whilst it's not the boring, slow, defensive league it used to be characterised as it definitely isn't played at this pace.

So McKennie kinda stood out at Juve because he was a pretty energetic, box-to-box runner and they hadn't really had someone that put that kinda graft in since Matuidi. Keep in mind this is a club where Paul Pogba and Adrien Rabiot look "enthusiastic."

In the Prem though he's just nothing special. There's plenty of midfielders that run around a lot and the game is played at a pace that he's actually struggling with.  I mean, to be fair, he wasn't anything that special in the Bundesliga in a crap Schalke side, it was odd he went to Juve in the first place. He definitely benefits a bit from being American, Pulisic and Reyna are other examples of really average-to-good footballers that get hyped up like they're Champions League stars because the footballing world is desperate to promote itself to Americans and Americans love lapping it up.

• Like 1

Just now, The Doctor said:

so does every other player, there's usually like 10 foul throws a game. the rules just never enforced 

It’s funny because in kids football we make them retake them. Then they watch premier league and they see lots of foul throws. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Score here doesn't matter to me, it's a case of who goes down with us and Southampton, my money is on Leeds. 

Considering it'd be great if any of the other three teams+southampton go down, regardless, I've decided not to bother caring too much anymore and just try and enjoy the footy for what it is...

(Was that convincing enough? :ph34r: )

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

It was also over back in 2014-15. We're loyal fans of the team and until we're mathematically down we have a slight hope even if it's 5% now. 

That team had spirit and fight, an excellent leader in Nige and a galvanised supporter base. We have none of that, it’s over. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I love Serie A, it's possibly my favourite league at the moment, it's had a massive resurgence over the last decade after falling well behind the Prem, Bundesliga and La Liga.

But it's still a league with a huge amount of disparity and the bottom half lacks a fair bit of quality. It's also a not anywhere near the pace and intensity of the Premier League or Bundesliga. Whilst it's not the boring, slow, defensive league it used to be characterised as it definitely isn't played at this pace.

So McKennie kinda stood out at Juve because he was a pretty energetic, box-to-box runner and they hadn't really had someone that put that kinda graft in since Matuidi. Keep in mind this is a club where Paul Pogba and Adrien Rabiot look "enthusiastic."

In the Prem though he's just nothing special. There's plenty of midfielders that run around a lot and the game is played at a pace that he's actually struggling with.  I mean, to be fair, he wasn't anything that special in the Bundesliga in a crap Schalke side, it was odd he went to Juve in the first place. He definitely benefits a bit from being American, Pulisic and Reyna are other examples of really average-to-good footballers that get hyped up like they're Champions League stars because the footballing world is desperate to promote itself to Americans and Americans love lapping it up.

I always thought McKennie has been (very) overrated - at least here. I’m sure he’s not overrated in England lol

I actually think Reyna is the best of the bunch. 

Pulisic went to the wrong team - to put it mildly. He could be good. I would’ve taken him here at any point the last couple years - including now. 

20 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Then get sent off.

18 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

For fist fighting with Joelinton and Almiron.

For a 3-game offence, as they have Brighton on Thurs! 

4 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

I always thought McKennie has been (very) overrated - at least here. I’m sure he’s not overrated in England lol

I actually think Reyna is the best of the bunch. 

Pulisic went to the wrong team - to put it mildly. He could be good. I would’ve taken him here at any point the last couple years - including now. 

Oh God, yeah, I mean we'd all take Pulisic over our current right wing options to be honest. I'm not calling him crap but he's very much a "decent, top-half player" not quite the Champions League mega star he was billed as and he probably wasn't ever good enough to be a significant signing for Chelsea.