Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I wonder what the odds were for forest to stay up and leicester to go down at the start of the season?, been a very nice double.

Fair play to forest they have players really fighting for each other.

Not as big as you think i'd imagine.

It's not quite the same thing but Forest to finish above Leicester was only 9/2.

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I wonder what the odds were for forest to stay up and leicester to go down at the start of the season?

No idea but mate had money on exactly that. And Cov to be promoted. 

Listening to radio Leicester and a guy on there said if we get relegated then it’ll be the club with the biggest wage bill. These leeches who call themselves players are the most disgraceful squad we’ve ever had. They have three games to prove me wrong.

• Like 3

6/7 points from final 3 games….. would be a unbelievable upturn in form from players that couldn’t give a monkeys…..  relegated all but confirmed, I have a feeling it’ll be Newcastle that relegate us and the final game will be a dead rubber 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Both 2-2 games should be investigated. There was something off in the performance of Newcastle and Chelsea and you could figure it from the first minute. Call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever. This is a disgrace and our board is there liable for letting this happen just to be happy to take the TV money. 

That you are.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Corky said:

Why have Saints been so bad? I remember people in here being envious of their recruitment last summer.

Poor management and board level decisions from looks of it. 

Sacking entire backroom staff and not the coach was such a stupid move

Just now, Corky said:

Why have Saints been so bad? I remember people in here being envious of their recruitment last summer.

You can't keep selling your best players every season and hope to stay up. It was bound to bite them back at some point.

Just now, Corky said:

The guy in charge of ours now lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Pretty young squad. Will be interesting to see where they are in a couple of years. They'll have much less turnover than us this summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

You can't keep selling your best players every season and hope to stay up. It was bound to bite them back at some point.

It’s tough for teams like ours to keep our best players, even winning the PL and FA Cup wasn’t enough 

Yeah you'd fancy Southampton next year - their squad seems less overloaded with mercenaries who'll be at Tabzonspor in a month and more just young lads / competent Championship players who are quite there. Can't imagine them having many PL vultures hovering, off the top of my head if they keep Adams (more likely to move) and Armstrong they've got the best part of 40 goals straight away.

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Ok. Good to hear that some teams in a relegation battle can turn to prime Barcelona in their 36th game while their opponents are making the worst defensive decisions all season. Nothing to see here. All good and normal. 

Yep.

11 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Both 2-2 games should be investigated. There was something off in the performance of Newcastle and Chelsea and you could figure it from the first minute. Call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever. This is a disgrace and our board is there liable for letting this happen just to be happy to take the TV money. 

You’re a conspiracy theorist or whatever.

• Like 2