Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

You’re a conspiracy theorist or whatever.

Chelsea have been poor all season, forest fought and battled for that point, something we’ve not looked capable all season….. there will be no tears from our players when it’s confirmed- Maddison will look at the ground and speak slowly, Vardy will have the neck of his shirt in his mouth and that’ll be that 

9 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It’s tough for teams like ours to keep our best players, even winning the PL and FA Cup wasn’t enough 

We’ve kept most of our best players. Except Fofana and Kasper, each and everyone of them are still here (in name only though).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Chelsea have been poor all season, forest fought and battled for that point, something we’ve not looked capable all season….. there will be no tears from our players when it’s confirmed- Maddison will look at the ground and speak slowly, Vardy will have the neck of his shirt in his mouth and that’ll be that 

Forest didn't battle at all for that. Chelsea let in 2 cheap goals and looked weak as pi55 all game. 

What's more of a gut than anything else is the fight that Forest, Leeds and Everton are showing. Working their arses off to get that point, it's something we just don't seem to do. We show no fight. Even when we are losing there's no sense of urgency all season. When it's our corner when was the last time Maddison ran over to the corner to take it? Or any player for that matter. We have no desire to win. It's all been too passive all season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We’ve kept most of our best players. Except Fofana and Kasper, each and everyone of them are still here (in name only though).

Chilwell, Kante, Mahrez, fofana, Kasper all gone. We have lost one a season, no excuse for us being down here though this squad is still good enough for a comfortable top half finish that is for sure

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It’s tough for teams like ours to keep our best players, even winning the PL and FA Cup wasn’t enough 

Shows the thin lines most clubs in the premier league walk. Failure is only one bad decision away. We’ve have 100

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Chilwell, Kante, Mahrez, fofana, Kasper all gone. We have lost one a season, no excuse for us being down here though this squad is still good enough for a comfortable top half finish that is for sure

Only two of them were part of the side that finished 5th and won the fa cup. I’m not disagreeing with your initial point. The issue is, we haven’t even been asset stripped yet! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

You can't keep selling your best players every season and hope to stay up. It was bound to bite them back at some point.

Who'd they sell last season?

Can't remember many players being sold at Southampton recently to so called bigger clubs?

It's been years since they've had players of the calibre of Mane, Alderweireld and Lovren.

Edited by Tuna

Not great results for us today but could have been worse. Doesn’t really alter the fact that we have to beat Liverpool on Monday. Win that - unlikely but not impossible with some proper fight, hunger and aggression (remember last season) - and everything changes, especially if Man City, as expected, deny Everton victory tomorrow.

Given the way our rivals have suddenly been jolted into life, I see it as our last roll of the dice. If we don’t win, we are as good as down.

• Like 1

Getting rid of Puel didn't help. He reached a cup final and they still had an ok squad. He left, they appointed some nonentity and ended up with Mark Hughes.

Puel could've kept them safe for a bit longer and helped put a decent squad together.

Just now, Tuna said:

Who'd they sell last season?

Can't remember many players being sold at Southampton recently to so called bigger clubs?

No one worthy of note last summer, as far as I remember, but I might be wrong. They also stuck too long with Hasenhüttl.

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Incomings of Vestagard, Bertrand, Kristiansen, Soumare, Tete, Souttar, Faes - all I'm afraid not good enough. Combined with Ward in goal for most of the season.

• Like 1

So the task ahead is simple. Blow Liverpools Champions league hopes out of the water on Monday, piss on Newcatles last home game parade, and beat a most likely buoyant West Ham, while they await their Europeon Final.  No Sweat!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Both 2-2 games should be investigated. There was something off in the performance of Newcastle and Chelsea and you could figure it from the first minute. Call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever. This is a disgrace and our board is there liable for letting this happen just to be happy to take the TV money. 

Watching Leicester for so long has made you think other teams fighting for points is "off" 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

The state of this club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think we all know what’s coming. We need some kind of miracle. We’ve had a few. Maybe we’ve used them all up with the league and FA Cup. 

Looks like other teams want it far more. That means one thing. 

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Let's not forget Southampton's most famous player is a flat earthing COVID denying crackpot and the place itself is MK by the sea - the more I think about it, **** them

Many years ago, I had to spend several weeks in Southampton for work training courses. I was looking forward to it, imagining a lively port city.

I've spent time in uglier cities (Stoke, Cov, most of Plymouth), but have rarely spent time anywhere so deadly dull - only Reading comes to mind. "MK by the sea" is spot on. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Shame we look likely to see them again next season.... :(