Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

Alright. You all have a legit point about these teams showing more fight in a relegation battle. I don't disagree. My initial argument was the way the fixtures are spread the last 3-4 weeks of the season. I can't find any logic behind the fact we're playing Mondays after all the other teams in the relegation scrap and especially when some of them are playing against teams that are actually on the beach. 

This was my actual point and my conspiracy theory of frustration follows it. 

It is what happens for TV. Similar to title challenges. We never played the same time as Spurs, for example, in 15/16. Did you moan then?

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Relegation fight is like…..The shot below..

Fairy meadow ..dreams g hopes it awakes
You turn a bluff ,then the killer & beauty stand before you..

image.thumb.jpeg.294ecd6cb801c8407aa5d37dc5b6375a.jpeg

One lives to fight another day, just on different levels..

• Sad 1

Look at you guys all running scared of relegation. Some of you lot have swallowed the ‘Premier League’ pill hard. 

I’ve always watched loads of Leicester. This season I’ve also watched loads of Gillingham and Maidstone United 

Perspective is a super thing. I have it. 80% of you lot. I don’t say that negatively. Try it. Please. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Look at you guys all running scared of relegation. Some of you lot have swallowed the ‘Premier League’ pill hard. 

I’ve always watched loads of Leicester. This season I’ve also watched loads of Gillingham and Maidstone United 

Perspective is a super thing. I have it. 80% of you lot. I don’t say that negatively. Try it. Please. 

There are lots of different perspectives though, for me and a lot of Leicester fans living outside of England - it’s the loss of being able to watch every game every week.

There’s lots of of supporters concerned about the financial future of the club.

I think a lot of us watch a lot of football, I’ve started going to watch my local 4th tier side in the Victorian league - a couple of hundred people there, a decent beer and food and no queues. Love the football at different levels - still don’t want us to get relegated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Well said..it’s about enjoying the game..the sport…

The gravy is always extra…& often not to everybodies taste…

I think the majority of fans of any club want to see their club with the best players possible, up against the best teams in Europe. 

I get that lower league football can be very enjoyable, but given the choice you'd much rather be at the top than hoping to get there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I think the majority of fans of any club want to see their club with the best players possible, up against the best teams in Europe. 

I get that lower league football can be very enjoyable, but given the choice you'd much rather be at the top than hoping to get there. 

Going to sound a bit twatish, but I find normally that those who would be happy to play championship football fans, are fans of Leicester City, and solely Leicester City rather than a football fan if that makes sense? So to some it doesn’t matter what league we’re in, they will just get behind the team (which I’m not knocking in any way). 

What has pissed me off more than anything, is that we are in this position due to pure negligence and nothing else…. You don’t win the premier league, FA cup and get into a European semi final by being shit. 

It’s unacceptable to be in this position, and I’m frankly ****ing fuming, and I will not be happy at all if we get relegated. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

There are lots of different perspectives though, for me and a lot of Leicester fans living outside of England - it’s the loss of being able to watch every game every week.

I think a lot of us watch a lot of football, I’ve started going to watch my local 4th tier side in the Victorian league - a couple of hundred people there, a decent beer and food and no queues. Love the football at different levels - still don’t want us to get relegated.

exactly my thoughts. 

Id much prefer going to plymouth away over man city but being overseas it makes it impossible to follow. 

even radio commentary is blocked. It’s going to be a big disconnect. 

It’s a few years away for me still but the thought that i might not get my lad into leicester because he can never watch them, absolutely ruins me 

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Given the choice, I’d much rather feel close to a club that wanted me to feel close to it.

The beauty of lower league football is that everything goes tits for men with money - leaving the club back in the hands of those who actually care about it. It’s the lure of non-league, it is the affinity of supporter and club being one.

This isn’t. The Prem isn’t. It’s a monolith of exclusion where everyone is nothing more than a customer paying for next season’s grossly overpriced tat from a Far East sweat shop and 3% lager poorly served from a minimum wage zero hour couldn’t care less employee.

Anyone who is happy to sell their soul for that - fair fvck to them - some of us aren’t. Some of us want football back.

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
6 hours ago, The Bear said:

I think you'er right in a lot of ways. A lot of fans here are mourning the fact that we went from being 'the best of the rest' to relegation fodder. Relegation confirms that, but in a lot of ways relegation is a bit of a red herring - we've already seen that transition happen under our noses. Whether we stay up or we go down, we require a big reset, we are long way from the team that was playing great football, scalping top 6 teams left right and centre, making shrewd signings, challenging for Europe etc. 

I get that is a bit reductive, and there is still a big difference between rebuilding in the championship vs rebuilding in the prem. But I would maintain the most damning thing is that we are due a rebuild in itself.

I just find the manner in which we are dropping, depressing. Poor quality is marginally acceptable if there is desire and intent, from board level to on the pitch. It's the lack of desire, intent and care which depresses me. It means I can't identify with my own club—there's nothing to hold on to, and be proud of at the moment.

I'll always support this club, come thick or thin. My concern is a) it doesn't feel like our club right now and b) the financial repercussions of our own stupidity when it comes to finances (e.g. the loans against future PL money).

• Like 4

Think the club thought it could just ‘wing it’ this season, you can’t do that at this level and expect to succeed. I’ll be there next season, whatever league we’re in, but we appear to have just thrown away our premier league status in the most casual of manner and that’s unforgivable. I’ve watched a few AFC Hinckley games this season , it’s a good day out and you can just appreciate the effort and a little skill, but ultimately LCFC is my club and I just want them to be the best they can be. Plus we have no devine right to come back , sure Sheff Weds thought they’d be back and 23 years later they are stuck in league 1. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

You won’t miss a game in the football league, its all streamed.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Think the club thought it could just ‘wing it’ this season, you can’t do that at this level and expect to succeed. I’ll be there next season, whatever league we’re in, but we appear to have just thrown away our premier league status in the most casual of manner and that’s unforgivable. I’ve watched a few AFC Hinckley games this season , it’s a good day out and you can just appreciate the effort and a little skill, but ultimately LCFC is my club and I just want them to be the best they can be. Plus we have no devine right to come back , sure Sheff Weds thought they’d be back and 23 years later they are stuck in league 1. 

Yes. For all his faults, Rodgers was correct when he said that the squad badly needed a refresh. It seems he was told he’d get one last summer but then the club decided we couldn’t afford it and that we’d have to muddle through this season with the same squad and rebuild this summer instead. That decision has backfired spectacularly. So a decision that was made to keep our finances in order is about to blow a massive hole in our finances. An enormous act of self-sabotage. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes. For all his faults, Rodgers was correct when he said that the squad badly needed a refresh. It seems he was told he’d get one last summer but then the club decided we couldn’t afford it and that we’d have to muddle through this season with the same squad and rebuild this summer instead. That decision has backfired spectacularly. So a decision that was made to keep our finances in order is about to blow a massive hole in our finances. An enormous act of self-sabotage. 

What’s worse we decided there were funds to bring in players in Jan and - if you believe the Leeds journos- were willing to offer 100k a week to Harrison to sign on deadline day.

And now think what the financial cost of rebuilding in the Championship will be with 1/3 broadcast / commercial revenues.

Shambles. 

9 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

the club (from top to bottom)  have screwed me up this year. I’m way more invested today in an u12 cup final and St Albans national league south play off final than us tomorrow night. Que sera ……

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Leicester 2-1 Liverpool 

Newcastle 2-3 Leicester

Leicester 2-0 West Ham under 10’s.

Thank me later, enjoy the summer.  

I was with you until you claimed a clean sheet against West Ham U10’s ……. Implausible