Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

10 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Alright. You all have a legit point about these teams showing more fight in a relegation battle. I don't disagree. My initial argument was the way the fixtures are spread the last 3-4 weeks of the season. I can't find any logic behind the fact we're playing Mondays after all the other teams in the relegation scrap and especially when some of them are playing against teams that are actually on the beach. 

This was my actual point and my conspiracy theory of frustration follows it. 

Perhaps your conspiracy should look the other way as in why are our players, many of whom have been successful the past few seasons so bad this season? Have they all got great odds on us being relegated?

7 hours ago, Daggers said:

This isn’t. The Prem isn’t. It’s a monolith of exclusion where everyone is nothing more than a customer paying for next season’s grossly overpriced tat from a Far East sweat shop and 3% lager poorly served from a minimum wage zero hour couldn’t care less employee.

Anyone who is happy to sell their soul for that - fair fvck to them - some of us aren’t. Some of us want football back.

I completely get this. 

Wolves have just raised prices again for the umpteenth consecutive season. Even after the last 12-18 months we've had with a shite manager and the very real possibility of sleepwalking to relegation, and even worse raising prices in the current financial climate. And for no reason but because they can, and know people will grudgingly pay it. The club apologists are already out in force on Twitter with shite like "it's not too bad a price rise, could have been worse" and other  nonsense. 

Fans are treated like customers nowadays and are fleeced for as much the club thinks they can get away with without attendances or season tickets dropping too far. 

Unfortunately selling your soul to the money men and TV companies is part of being in the top flight nowadays. It's unavoidable if you want to be called the biggest and most watched league in the world. 

I guess that's why many fans have lower league local teams that they also follow and sometimes go and watch.

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 4

Heres a fantasy world scenario......we somehow (by some miracle) beat Liverpool......Newcastle then win on Thursday at home to an out of sorts Brighton.....thus securing Champions League football for next season and celebrating all weekend.....meanwhile West Ham get into the ECL final......1 can dream right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you imagine if we had been able to do this during this season? Maybe a ballot pre game to pick people to dish out the bollocking.

I would like to think that a few home truths may have been told, and it might have led to certain people bucking up their ideas.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daggers said:

Given the choice, I’d much rather feel close to a club that wanted me to feel close to it.

The beauty of lower league football is that everything goes tits for men with money - leaving the club back in the hands of those who actually care about it. It’s the lure of non-league, it is the affinity of supporter and club being one.

This isn’t. The Prem isn’t. It’s a monolith of exclusion where everyone is nothing more than a customer paying for next season’s grossly overpriced tat from a Far East sweat shop and 3% lager poorly served from a minimum wage zero hour couldn’t care less employee.

Anyone who is happy to sell their soul for that - fair fvck to them - some of us aren’t. Some of us want football back.

So if we went down, presumably you‘d prefer it if we stayed down? How would that work from a supporter’s perspective? Would your ideal scenario be that we have a decent season every year but just miss out on the play-offs ad infinitum? 

Edited by ClaphamFox

21 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Can you imagine if we had been able to do this during this season? Maybe a ballot pre game to pick people to dish out the bollocking.

I would like to think that a few home truths may have been told, and it might have led to certain people bucking up their ideas.

There’s a bit of a difference between the respect the Curva Sud hold with the Milan players compared to a bunch of pissed up lads spit talking into the face of our squad lol 

Completely different culture over here, would quickly turn into a swearing match I imagine 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

There’s a bit of a difference between the respect the Curva Sud hold with the Milan players compared to a bunch of pissed up lads spit talking into the face of our squad lol 

Completely different culture over here, would quickly turn into a swearing match I imagine 

Yeah the players here are far too precious about any criticism from fans. It'd just become a slanging match. 

Milan Ultras (and those on the continent generally) hold a lot of sway over how vocal fans are in direct contact with players. It's great to see, but probably won't ever see it here. On the whole fans here aren't trusted to get close to fans, let alone have verbal conversations with them after a game. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah the players here are far too precious about any criticism from fans. It'd just become a slanging match. 

Milan Ultras (and those on the continent generally) hold a lot of sway over how vocal fans are in direct contact with players. It's great to see, but probably won't ever see it here. On the whole fans here aren't trusted to get close to fans, let alone have verbal conversations with them after a game. 

Yea I get all that. But some absolute ****** frothing at the mouth in front of the likes of Tielemans is exactly what’s needed 🤣 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

I completely get this. 

Wolves have just raised prices again for the umpteenth consecutive season. Even after the last 12-18 months we've had with a shite manager and the very real possibility of sleepwalking to relegation, and even worse raising prices in the current financial climate. And for no reason but because they can, and know people will grudgingly pay it. The club apologists are already out in force on Twitter with shite like "it's not too bad a price rise, could have been worse" and other  nonsense. 

Fans are treated like customers nowadays and are fleeced for as much the club thinks they can get away with without attendances or season tickets dropping too far. 

Unfortunately selling your soul to the money men and TV companies is part of being in the top flight nowadays. It's unavoidable if you want to be called the biggest and most watched league in the world. 

I guess that's why many fans have lower league local teams that they also follow and sometimes go and watch.

I think this is why I accepted relegation so early on, I’ve been of the mindset we were going from just before the Villa and Spurs results which renewed some false hope. As unsustainable as the prem has been for us as a club, and that is down to poor management from the top, it’s unsustainable for me as a fan. Forking out for a membership and then cherry picking what games I can afford to go to, with travel included has added a lot to the frustration of the season. Though I can’t imagine the championship will be much cheaper either? I think it’s just how the game is going. I hold hope I’ll get along to more games and enjoy going again next year, even if it’s against the likes of Preston, Plymouth and Hull. I just want to see some fight and something that makes me proud of my club and the players wearing the shirt. That feeling has been long extinguished.

52 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

So if we went down, presumably you‘d prefer it if we stayed down? How would that work from a supporter’s perspective? Would your ideal scenario be that we have a decent season every year but just miss out on the play-offs ad infinitum? 

I prefer the option of a club that operates for the fans over one that treats them as customers. That is my ideal scenario. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

You'd get Maddison telling our 'ultras' that the players are hurting and then we'd clap them off with our clappers. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Heres a fantasy world scenario......we somehow (by some miracle) beat Liverpool......Newcastle then win on Thursday at home to an out of sorts Brighton.....thus securing Champions League football for next season and celebrating all weekend.....meanwhile West Ham get into the ECL final......1 can dream right?

I'm not sure Newcastle celebrating all weekend and West Ham making the ECL final helps us if the Fuham result is anything to go by, sure beating Liverpool helps, but we couldn't back up the Wolves win afterwards.

59 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I think this is why I accepted relegation so early on, I’ve been of the mindset we were going from just before the Villa and Spurs results which renewed some false hope. As unsustainable as the prem has been for us as a club, and that is down to poor management from the top, it’s unsustainable for me as a fan. Forking out for a membership and then cherry picking what games I can afford to go to, with travel included has added a lot to the frustration of the season. Though I can’t imagine the championship will be much cheaper either? I think it’s just how the game is going. I hold hope I’ll get along to more games and enjoy going again next year, even if it’s against the likes of Preston, Plymouth and Hull. I just want to see some fight and something that makes me proud of my club and the players wearing the shirt. That feeling has been long extinguished.

There really wasn't any sort of fight under Rogers , we'd either play brilliantly and win comfortably or put on a limp performance and lose meekly. The only two games that stick out for me are the PSV 2nd leg last 15 minutes and the FA cup final, where we survived a pressure situation.

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

“Well done guys, you tried your best. We used to be in League One you know so everything else is a bonus” *clap clap clap*

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

There really wasn't any sort of fight under Rogers , we'd either play brilliantly and win comfortably or put on a limp performance and lose meekly. The only two games that stick out for me are the PSV 2nd leg last 15 minutes and the FA cup final, where we survived a pressure situation.

This is my issue, an FA cup winning manager and I couldn’t have enjoyed the football any less.