Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

13 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

getting back in our hands, can't wait to see which one of our overpaid eejits makes the huge mistake to put it out of our hands again. 

I mean Everton were never likely to win this. Man City are incredible and Dyche had a woeful record against them. 

Forest and Leeds getting points in a week we're playing a resurgent Liverpool doesn't quite fill me with "it's in our own hands!" cheer even if its technically correct. 

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That dive from Pickford is absolutely hilarious man

Andy Gray voice- "You could have three Jordan Pickford's standing on each other's heads and they wouldn't get near that"

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean Everton were never likely to win this. Man City are incredible and Dyche had a woeful record against them. 

Forest and Leeds getting points in a week we're playing a resurgent Liverpool doesn't quite fill me with "it's in our own hands!" cheer even if its technically correct. 

yea, I think forest picking up that point has probably done it for us. technically correct that with Everton not being able to grind out a point, we'll finish above them if we win our games, but we all know that Monday will end up with us giving away an early goal or two because one of our midfield will play a hospital ball or end up getting caught in possession on the edge of our box

1 minute ago, Corky said:

If West Ham don't win the Conference I can see Moyes leaving. 15th with two to play is a very poor effort for a squad of their ability.

To be honest, I’m rooting for them to win it. I think it’ll be good! 

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

yea, I think forest picking up that point has probably done it for us. technically correct that with Everton not being able to grind out a point, we'll finish above them if we win our games, but we all know that Monday will end up with us giving away an early goal or two because one of our midfield will play a hospital ball or end up getting caught in possession on the edge of our box

I had it in my head that it was very likely Forest could lose to both Chelsea and Arsenal and that we were more likely to beat West Ham at home than they were to beat Palace away (although obviously neither are guaranteed.) 

For me, Forest getting a draw yesterday means we need a point somehow from our next two games or we're down. 

I just don't see Everton failing to get two points from Wolves and Bournemouth. Leeds result yesterday makes them a potential problem too. 

I think we'll need 4pts minimum, 5pts likely personally. 

• Like 2