Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Don’t underate this brentford result either. 

It forces west ham to make sure they beat leeds. If they lose that they could be in danger going into the final day. 

They play us on the final day. No danger as far as they're concerned. 

• Haha 1

My analysis of our problems this season has been allowing the opposition too much time and space, as Maddison said, lack of hunger, not winnign individual battles, I'm thinking in midfield. We had it when we beat Forest 4 - 1, we lost it following the World cup. I remember that Forest game felt like a turning point, all the players were up for it, closed down the space, ran their hearts out, maybe, just maybe, that will happen tomorrow. Tomorrow, they've been given a small chance, lets hope they can grasp it.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

If we get out of this, I’d it the great great escape? 

This would actually be a great escape. 

I've had disagreements with people before on here about the terminology great escape and how I don't feel it exactly fits for the 14/15 season because weirdly I never felt like we were truly adrift and we ended up being quite comfortably clear in great form when everything clicked. 

Now we're a complete and total shambles, there's only a couple of games left, we've got to play two of the best sides in the league and cross our fingers that other teams drop points. 

This is an absolute mess and it'll take a small miracle to get us out of it. This would be a far greater escape. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This is what happens when you decide Daniel Amartey and Danny Ward are better than Caglar Soyuncu and Daniel Iversen. 

But seriously though. This is what's actually so irritating. We probably WERE "too good to go down" if we'd just been playing our best team all season. 

Who plays a near deliberately weakened team all year whilst having shocking defensive displays and then puts on the surprised pikachu face. 

Rodgers should have been sacked for gross misconduct a long time ago. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Maybe Liverpool will let us win so they can relegate Everton 😂

Think the vast majority of them would rather relegate us, don't blame them.

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've had disagreements with people before on here about the terminology great escape and how I don't feel it exactly fits for the 14/15 season because weirdly I never felt like we were truly adrift and we ended up being quite comfortably clear in great form when everything clicked. 

Now we're a complete and total shambles, there's only a couple of games left, we've got to play two of the best sides in the league and cross our fingers that other teams drop points. 

This is an absolute mess and it'll take a small miracle to get us out of it. This would be a far greater escape. 

You have a short memory I think.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Kalvin Phillips is such a waste of talent sitting on the bench for 10 minutes here or there 

Shame really.

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

You have a short memory I think.

I'd tend to agree actually, all throughout that year we were fairly solid, with things just not clicking for that final pass or finish. We weren't out competed but lacked that smidge of quality. 

Whereas this year, we're outcompeted continuously, have all the quality but it's never clicking together at all. We've looked a complete mess. 

Maybe expectations also swaying how we view things too 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We were bottom of the league all season and about 7 points adrift with 9 to play, here at worst we are 2 adrift with 2 to play.

• Like 1