Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Baffles me how pundits act shocked everytime a medium to small sized club buys cheap and sells high whilst making progress up the league. 

Southampton were the well run Pl club for about half a decade, then us, now Brighton.

It works until your club stops doing (and getting) most everything right, and other clubs catch on and start doing the same things.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Everything will depend on how Top approaches next season. It seams the management team just wanted to get through this season, which has turned out to be a very dangerous approach. They know they have messed up, and i cant believe for one moment that they would approach next season the same. I think wholesale changes were planned.

We haven’t got any money to make the wholesale changes. That’s the problem.

51 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

This is revisionism.

We gave the top teams a good game and narrowly lost. However we were generally very poor against the lesser sides, even in some of the games we won like Hull away when they could have 5 and Mahrez scored on the break.

If you look through the fixtures it will jog your memory. West Ham away, Villa away cup and league, both Hull games, QPR away, Stoke at home, West Brom at home, Sunderland at home, Palace both games, Swansea away, Newcastle away, Southampton away.

We were poor to awful in all these games, tending to play very negatively with Vardy out wide and only coming out of our shells when behind. We raised our game against the top sides but were tactically poor and deserved to be bottom until we threw caution to the wind in the last 10 games.

Kitch..you are on positively..proverably the fly in the ointment..:P..
Bur & but again…your quite right in the breakdown…& if we stay up you would

be right again on this season…but that’s sport..

Though through Pearsons great escape…IMO before the magic…we played sometimes good football,never got hammered..

This season for me is an embarrassment how we shaped up,and our attrocious football..90% of our season…

This will be nothing but Shithousery…but heyho…

who in Leicesters interest would care..

Keep shooting and on target..gud on ya..:clap:

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

Southampton were the well run Pl club for about half a decade, then us, now Brighton.

It works until your club stops doing (and getting) most everything right, and other clubs catch on and start doing the same things.

Also rans, like Saints, Us and Brighton are great initially but have such tight margins, it’s inevitable they fade away eventually, as they don’t have the financial muscle to absorb missteps unfortunately.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

We don't want an Arsenal that aren't interested next week against Forest though. 

They won't be out of the race even if they lose today (which would be lovely)... they're deluded enough (team and fans) to believe they can still win it 😂

4 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

We don't want an Arsenal that aren't interested next week against Forest though. 

This! If we have to go down, then I hope to god that Notts Forest drop with us. The thought of them being back to being a league above us really is too much to bare!!

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

They won't be out of the race even if they lose today (which would be lovely)... they're deluded enough (team and fans) to believe they can still win it 😂

They potentially will be as man city play mid week 

Actually no I'm wrong it's the week after,

Edited by goose2010

25 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Brighton will tail off in a couple of seasons just like the rest of us because ‘IT’ works if you have the open cheque book, simple as.

Tell me I’m wrong anyone especially those giving it large about how well Brentford, Fulham, Brighton & Villa were doing when sat in top 6 early in the season but now look at Top 6 ooh my 😱is that the normal top 6 (Toon for Chelsea) at the end of the season again.

Chelsea will be there again next season they brought so many the club didn’t know it’s arse from its elbow but it will.

Brighton will be stripped of manager & players or will over spend to try and progress but can’t afford it & eventually fall away its the nature of the beast sadly.

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

He's right though.

Our luck that season was absolutely abhorrent and we gave pretty much everyone we played a damned good game. The reaction we were getting every week was 'how the hell are you bottom playing like that?'

We just didn't get the rub of the green and therefore couldn't build up any momentum. When we finally bagged a win against West Ham, we were pretty much an unstoppable force.

This season isn't that. We've been second best by a distance most weeks and have shipped an absurd number of points to teams around us.

The revisionism around 14/15 drives me insane. I loved that team and I loved Nigel Pearson, he's hands down my favourite ever City manager by a distance. But, we absolutely didn't "give nearly everyone a game" - intact there were swathes of time in which we were absolutely hopeless. Palace away, Newcastle away, West Ham away, Saints away, Swansea away. West Brom, Stoke, Palace at home. 

It was obvious the talent was there but the idea we were value all season because the scorelines weren't embarrassing is an absolute myth. We barely laid a glove in loads of those games and it was miserable.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KingsX said:

I think we're a good example of what one or two bad decisions can do to a club. We're also a good lesson on the importance of morale and momentum at a club and how important it is to be decisive when those things are critical. 

There were warning signings as early as January / February 2020 that Rodgers had problems managing morale. Quite a lot of people were forecasting our decline and pointing out the red flags them. 

I'm not convinced that for all of Brighton's recent success their playing squad is THAT much better than ours. Your Mitomas and Mac Allisters are no better than Barnes and Maddison, in fact they're statistically historically worse and that's a pattern that appears all over the pitch. 

They're just much, much, much better coached than we are and have been for a while. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

That Leeds fan  running at Eddie Howe wasn’t even a young kid - what a stupid thing to do.

Just got himself a life time ban.

Hopefully a couple of months in the nick…bloody barbarian…