Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

How is “Better” measured I’ve really lost what anything means anymore on this forum. 

Points, wins, goals scored and conceded, usually that sort of thing. What would you suggest?

OK, we are all worried that Arsenal won't turn up v Forest, but the fact remains that if they don't win at the City Ground, Man City will be gifted the title without having to kick a ball (yeah yeah, not strictly mathematically with a draw but forget that).

That will definitely warrant the Bottlers tag being thrown at them from all and sundry, and surely (surely?) they will want to avoid that.

Anyway, let's just beat Liverpool, shall we?

Part of me thinks going down will be our best opportunity to rebuild. 

Newcastle are going to be incredible in a couple of years. This Brighton team are fantastic. Villa are becoming a real force again. We wouldn’t get anywhere near the top half even if we did stay up - which I don’t think we will. 

Maybe we need to go down and completely press the reset button. 

It’s really ****ing depressing though. 

10 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Brighton will tail off in a couple of seasons just like the rest of us because ‘IT’ works if you have the open cheque book, simple as.

Tell me I’m wrong anyone especially those giving it large about how well Brentford, Fulham, Brighton & Villa were doing when sat in top 6 early in the season but now look at Top 6 ooh my 😱is that the normal top 6 (Toon for Chelsea) at the end of the season again.

Chelsea will be there again next season they brought so many the club didn’t know it’s arse from its elbow but it will.

Brighton will be stripped of manager & players or will over spend to try and progress but can’t afford it & eventually fall away its the nature of the beast sadly.

Players being taken by the big clubs ( Anyone of them at any one time)

as been happening since the 1800s…

Chelsea Phanomenon…modern world..

Man.City of new   ………..modern world..

Top 6, but sometimes different clubs.    

Since the 50s,often same-o, same-o,with the odd twist..

Media hype…worse since the 80s,

before a mix of top reporting, & BS of the likes of N.O.World/The People,The Sketch,

The Mail,building up nothing but forced & plastic gossip…

Leicesters,Brightons, & Brentford’s  will come and go…Top money now being invested in clubs who are flavour of the season..but still top hand players filling the

gaps, and not being the top club signing they hoped, that allows Maddison’s/Tielemans etc to push the relevant club to those hights…

Leicester, W.Ham( more than most)Everton well before before us threw away their opportunities,through poor club desciscions…

Thats no different to German clubs…BVB,M‘gladbach,Leverkusen,Schalke Frankfurt, Kaiserslautern like Blackburn Great eras,but always fall off..

Looking over my nearly 70 years…L‘pool,Arsenal,Manutd,Spurs, we’re the big hitters,

with Man.city,Chelsea of late,Leeds big noise a couple of big seasons..Then the short Forest,Derby eras..

• Like 1