Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Everyone is convinced every commentator or pundit hates their team if someone ever says a bad word about them 😂 Martin Tyler can be a bit annoying but as for people getting annoyed when he doesn't shout after a goal, it's hardly always necessary is it?

2 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Pot. Kettle.

Keown's Arsenal bias is so embarrassing and cringey, he should be on their FanTV thing.

Martin Keown complaining about how Brighton celebrated the goals .

Is this the same Keown who jumped all over RVN after he missed a late penalty for Man U?

• Like 2

Spurs meant to be wanting to go after Thomas Frank.

Frank could be tempted I reckon, especially if there's any suggestion of how long Toney will be banned for. A considerable amount of time and that would really hamper them for that time.

On 07/07/2022 at 16:15, LeedsFox95 said:

Think Brentford and Forest will go down - Brentford were heading for relegation before Eriksen arrived and now he’s off. They don’t have the financial clout of clubs like Leeds or Fulham so they’re automatically at a disadvantage. Second season syndrome is a bitch, as Sheff Utd and Leeds found out.

With Forest, play-off winners often struggle, and I don’t think Neco Williams or Lewis O’Brien are good enough to offset their largely poor squad quality overall. 

Bournenouth or Southampton for the third spot, but have seen a few people saying Wolves could be in trouble too. 

Care to review this post LeedsFox

Of course last nights result sets up the scenario whereby Newcastle lose to Brighton on Thursday, Liverpool and Man Utd win and the weekend and we beat Newcastle on Monday and they end up 5th.

Not gonna happen, but I tell you something, I'd love it, love it if we beat them.

obviously missed with the post mortem for that disaster last night but the VAR audio was actually pretty interesting:

starting to have this available at the very least post match (ideally live and in ground) is a good step towards transparency that might lower the objections towards VAR as a system 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

obviously missed with the post mortem for that disaster last night but the VAR audio was actually pretty interesting:

starting to have this available at the very least post match (ideally live and in ground) is a good step towards transparency that might lower the objections towards VAR as a system 

This is a brilliant step forward, hopefully creates some transparency into the decision making process. 

But, a massive issue is still the info given to match attending crowds. We were fully in the dark yesterday on the decisions minus there maybe being an offside. 

Also, why on earth do we get "VAR complete" over the tannoy?  

Guest bennytwohats
32 minutes ago, Matt said:

“The way he that he likes to play football”

:crylaugh: 

I think people are in for disappointment if they think Rodgers will go somewhere else and flop immediately. I think he would get Spurs playing good football to be fair. The problems would come later.

5 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

I think people are in for disappointment if they think Rodgers will go somewhere else and flop immediately. I think he would get Spurs playing good football to be fair. The problems would come later.

I agree with the notion he'll probably go somewhere and do well for 2 years, however, Tottenham need a rebuild as much as we do, I doubt Tottenham would give him huge funds either.

10 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Full agree.

People forget for 18 months, despite having a frail Underbelly, we did play some of the best football we’ve seen. 

It would then all crash and burn, with him being sacked after 2 years. Which is 18 months quicker than we did and should have. 

23 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Rival clubs threaten to sue Everton for £300MILLION with Leeds, Leicester, Nottingham Forest, Southampton and Burnley furious at the Toffees potentially avoiding sanctions for an alleged breach of spending rules

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12090845/Everton-face-sued-300m-Leeds-Leicester-Forest-Burnley-team-losses.html

Tbh, it should be the premier league who are sued for not administering their competition properly. 

• Like 2