Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

11 hours ago, AKCJ said:

8 months is ****ing lunacy from the FA.

No chance one of the FA's darlings gets that.

But he placed bets over and over again breaking rules knowingly loads of times, he's only got himself to blame.

14 hours ago, BakerLCFC said:

Just done a quick calculatiom and if he had been banned from the start of this current season for 8 months and you just take away his goals and assists, Brentford would be 21pts worse off. Would now be on 32pts instead of 53pts. 

And they'd still have more points than Leicester lol

Edited by Facecloth

9 hours ago, Bluefoxsam said:

Absolute nightmare. Cov fans are the definition of bandwagon 

lol They aren't.

They've stuck with following Cov all the way through the football league. I think a lot stopped going to Birmingham/Northampton and rightly so but their away followings have never dropped off.

They are rivals and it's painful but do they deserve it as a fanbase with everything they've been through.

Edited by Fox92

12 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

If coventry do win the play offs that will be league 2 to premier league in 6 years...has that ever been done before?

Swansea did it quicker way back in the seventies or early eighties, I think.

And I seem to remember Bristol City did the reverse journey in four seasons once, but I might have got that wrong...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Whoever wins between coventry/luton it will be league 2 to premier league in 6 years...has that ever been done before?

Bournemouth did it in 6 with Howe I think? 

Bournemouth Vs Brentford 10,876

Burnley vs Crystal Palace 18,925

Luton vs Fulham 9,620

Jesus Christ the Premier League has seen better days.

Meanwhile in the Championship:

Leicester Vs Ipswich 30,374

Leeds vs Southampton 35,982

Sunderland vs Middlesbro 45,921

Bolton vs Blackburn 26,297

44 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Bournemouth did it in 6 with Howe I think? 

I think the original Wimbledon went from non league to top flight in 8 years.

That's impressive. Won the fa cup within 10 years of being a league club.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TrentFox said:

But why would Brentford sign Daka? 

Despite unquestionably having had a disappointing season this year and looking largely low on confidence and form throughout, playing for a team with absolutely awful chance creation rates, Patson Daka has got 4 goals and 4 assists from just 13 starts this year. 

He's managed 0.62 goals or assists every 90 minutes he's played. That's a better return than Watkins, L. Diaz, Gakpo, Son, Sterling, M. Antonio, Bernardo Silva, Richarlison, Bamford, Zaha, Brennan Johnson, Vardy, Joao Felix, Jarrod Bowen, Mateta, Wood, Pulisic, Madueke, the list goes on. 

I think it's time you found a different target for your jokes because your determination to take aim at Daka at every opportunity is making you look a lot thicker than you realise. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil Bowman said:

Swansea did it quicker way back in the seventies or early eighties, I think.

And I seem to remember Bristol City did the reverse journey in four seasons once, but I might have got that wrong...

Northampton did both ways apparently!

We went from 4th to 1st in 5 years I think.

77-82.

5 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Northampton did both ways apparently!

We went from 4th to 1st in 5 years I think.

77-82.

I even remember seeing Northampton in the top flight. By they way how do you feel about the prospect of Luton back in top tier?

Luton v Coventry was not the playoff final I expected at the start or finish of the regular season!

Edited by Tuna

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Luton v Coventry was not the playoff final I expected at the start or finish of the regular season!

My dad was a massive Luton fan, so would love them to make it. He died 2 years ago so never saw them reach last years playoff final, and was convinced he would never see them in the top flight again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

My dad was a massive Luton fan, so would love them to make it. He died 2 years ago so never saw them reach last years playoff final, and was convinced he would never see them in the top flight again.

Hope they do it for your Dad 👍.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1