Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

36 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I even remember seeing Northampton in the top flight. By they way how do you feel about the prospect of Luton back in top tier?

Not great as no doubt there would be a lot of comment about Edwards and rightly so I guess .

They hopefully wouldn’t do well though!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Despite unquestionably having had a disappointing season this year and looking largely low on confidence and form throughout, playing for a team with absolutely awful chance creation rates, Patson Daka has got 4 goals and 4 assists from just 13 starts this year. 

He's managed 0.62 goals or assists every 90 minutes he's played. That's a better return than Watkins, L. Diaz, Gakpo, Son, Sterling, M. Antonio, Bernardo Silva, Richarlison, Bamford, Zaha, Brennan Johnson, Vardy, Joao Felix, Jarrod Bowen, Mateta, Wood, Pulisic, Madueke, the list goes on. 

I think it's time you found a different target for your jokes because your determination to take aim at Daka at every opportunity is making you look a lot thicker than you realise. 

Interesting response. “Thicker”? 😂😂. For having an opinion? Wow. Isn’t that a two-way street? Does that make you “thick” for your constant defending of him? Even resorting to dialling up stats? 😳. For the record, I think he seems a truly fabulous guy. I just don’t rate him as a player at PL level. He’s not strong enough, quick enough, composed enough or skilful enough. And despite those stats, or a glorious thirty minutes in one game in Russia, I don’t think he’s that good a finisher, either 🤷.  But I’ll happily eat my words and and make cheap gags about a different player if he starts to perform even close to the standard we would hopefully expect a very expensive signing to perform at. 👍

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

just assumed it would be 

otherwise he could go and play on loan till end January (and probably earn a pretty penny ) 

5 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Didn't know of that ruling for the FA to hand over registration, but does make sense.

You'd assume FIFA would then make the ban worldwide but you'd think there would probably be some loop holes if the rulings didn't apply to other governing bodies rulings. 

Article does go on to say this would just make everything clearer.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

from your link 

In a statement, the FA said: "His [Toney] sanctions were subsequently imposed by an independent Regulatory Commission following a personal hearing.

"The independent Regulatory Commission's written reasons for these sanctions will be published in due course, and the FA will wait to review them before commenting further."

It is explained better in this article below

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11748/12883059/ivan-toney-brentford-striker-banned-for-eight-months-for-breaching-betting-rules

“An independent regulatory commission imposed Toney's sanctions and he will not be allowed to train with his Brentford team-mates until September 17.”

Sky Sports News senior reporter Rob Dorsett:

"It isn't the FA that have imposed this sanction. There's an important level of independence when it comes to serious disciplinary matters like this.

"The FA do the investigating and the charging but then they hand it over to an independent commission. That's normally made up of people very senior within the game but also lawyers, former high court judges.

"They look at the facts and decide what sanction is suitable. They've decided that Ivan Toney, as a result of those 232 charges he's admitted to and been found guilty of, should get an eight-month ban from all football.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Despite unquestionably having had a disappointing season this year and looking largely low on confidence and form throughout, playing for a team with absolutely awful chance creation rates, Patson Daka has got 4 goals and 4 assists from just 13 starts this year. 

He's managed 0.62 goals or assists every 90 minutes he's played. That's a better return than Watkins, L. Diaz, Gakpo, Son, Sterling, M. Antonio, Bernardo Silva, Richarlison, Bamford, Zaha, Brennan Johnson, Vardy, Joao Felix, Jarrod Bowen, Mateta, Wood, Pulisic, Madueke, the list goes on. 

I think it's time you found a different target for your jokes because your determination to take aim at Daka at every opportunity is making you look a lot thicker than you realise. 

Please can i add Demarai Gray the epitome of clueless who some still wish was here for us this season...4 goals & 1 assist in 31 appearances for Everton, think i'll stick with Daka also.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Whoever wins between coventry/luton it will be league 2 to premier league in 6 years...has that ever been done before?

Not that i can see while the premier league has existed, only closest one is Man City went from premier league to league one and back to premier league between 95/96 and 00/01 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tim1974 said:

I think the original Wimbledon went from non league to top flight in 8 years.

That's impressive. Won the fa cup within 10 years of being a league club.

I don't think anyone beats Northampton Town Rise and Fall

Bottom to top and back to the bottom in 10 years.

Under Dave Bowen, Northampton were promoted three times in the five years 1960 to 1965. Starting the 1960–61 season in the Fourth Division, they reached the First Division in 1965–66, their only season ever in the top division of English football. They were then relegated back to the Fourth Division over the next five years, playing in the bottom tier again in 1969–70.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Couldn’t have been heard a week ago ….

Brighton not looking strong tonight - big chance for Newcastle 

De Zerbi seems to make so many changes from game to game and in most games leaves some of his seemingly better players on the bench. Can't really argue with the results on the whole, though. 

West Ham or Newcastle matches?  I guess the WH one is the only one with relevance to use atm - (desperately clutching at straws that they'll have nothing to play for when we face them, last.)

Edited by PhillippaT