Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Guest Mee-9

Newcastle have been the best team I’ve seen us play against all season. 

Completely dominated us. 

Just now, Mee-9 said:

Newcastle have been the best team I’ve seen us play against all season. 

Completely dominated us. 

Its weird how honking they look when Bruno G isnt playing though. He's the glue in that team

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Its weird how honking they look when Bruno G isnt playing though. He's the glue in that team

I imagine midfield will be their priority this summer. 

Willock is at their previous level. Joelinton is cracking at what he does and his transformation has been incredible, but again he’s replaceable. Behind that there’s not much back up either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

come on Brighton. dole out some injuries, buy some reds. only way we're getting a result is if the geordies have to play their U16s

Make that U12s and we might just be on par with them!

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

At least it will all be over. 

Depends on results elsewhere....  Yes I know I'm being way to optimistic :P   Still hoping for Leeds and Everton to lose, too! :P 

Edited by PhillippaT

1 minute ago, StevieH said:

Imagine that Newcastle press against our backline. :unsure:

Yeah but if we're smart we'll let them have the ball. 

They do their best work pressing and countering. They aren't as good when they have to break a team down. 

A draw is a better result for us than most people would accept. We don't NEED to win unless Forest do something against Arsenal which is possible but it isn't likely. 

A few things occur to me watching Newcastle v Brighton:

We mustn't try to play through Newcastle's press in our own half; even Brighton can't do it effectively. 

Both of these teams have some proper nasty gits playing for them. Had forgotten what it was like to see that from a team, watching how soft we've become over recent seasons. 

I'm more certain than ever that it would be a miracle of biblical proportions if we were to get any kind of result on Monday apart from a heavy loss. 

• Like 1

A few things occur to me watching Newcastle v Brighton:

We mustn't try to play through Newcastle's press in our own half; even Brighton can't do it effectively. 

Both of these teams have some proper nasty gits playing for them. Had forgotten what it was like to see that from a team, watching how soft we've become over recent seasons. 

I'm more certain than ever that it would be a miracle of biblical proportions if we were to get any kind of result on Monday apart from a heavy loss. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but if we're smart we'll let them have the ball. 

They do their best work pressing and countering. They aren't as good when they have to break a team down. 

A draw is a better result for us than most people would accept. We don't NEED to win unless Forest do something against Arsenal which is possible but it isn't likely. 

If we are smart.lol

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3