Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

8 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Out of interest what is the odds on Leicester staying up? Placing a bet before Saturday might be worthwhile!

5/1 on Bet365. 

Bookies have pretty much made their mind up that it's us and Leeds going down.

9 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Jamie Redknapp has described us as spineless tonight on Sky Sports.....how rude....true but very rude

This team is spineless. They’ve stunk up the PL this year. There are other words to properly describe this team which are for more insulting (and fitting).

Cowards, losers, weaklings, parasites, freeloaders etc.

So many. Quite professional from Redknapp to choose the least controversial. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There is no possibility of a winner takes all against us

leeds and us can’t catch them 

Thanks, for some reason thought we were six points behind them!

Annoying.

Edited by Tuna

Has Dean Smith & Co lost all credibility with not being able to motivate this shambles of a team or will people feel it was an impossible task and that they cannot be motivated?

To paraphrase the Monty Python parrot sketch.

The sketch:

Dean Smith enters a Top's Office

Dean Smith: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The Top does not respond.)

Dean Smith: I wish to make a complaint!

Top: We're closin' for lunch.

Dean Smith: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this Team which I took over  6 games a go.

Top: Oh yes, the, uh, the Foxes...What's, uh...What's wrong with them?

Dean Smith: I'll tell you what's wrong with them, my lad they’re pathetic, that's what's wrong with them!

Top: No, no, 'they’re uh,...they’re feeling a bit down.

Dean Smith: Look, matey, I know a pathetic team when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Top: No no they’re not, they’re just sad! Remarkable team, Leicester City, FA Cup Winners. Beautiful football!

Dean Smith: The beautiful football don't enter into it. They’re idle.

Top: Nononono, no, no! they’re malfunctioning!

Dean Smith: Um...now look...now look, Top, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That team is definitely lethargic, and when I took over 6 games ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following an egotistical manager.

Dean Smith: Look, I took the liberty of examining that team when I got, and I discovered the only reason that it had been losing in the first place was they were unmotivated.

Top: Well, o'course they were unmotivated! They just needed motivating and VOOM! Wins!

Dean Smith: "Win"?!? Mate, this team wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'They’re bleedin' demised!

Top: No no! they’re sad!

Dean Smith: They’re not sad! 'They’re good for nothing! This team is no more It has ceased to be! 'They’re expired and gone to meet 'their maker! 'They’re a stiff! Bereft of life, 'they rest in peace! If you hadn't paid 'them so much 'they’d be winning for another team! 'Their metabolic processes are now 'history! 'They’re hopeless! 'They’re indolent, 'they’re dead men walking, run down the curtain and joined the exodus!! They’ve quit. THIS IS AN EX-TEAM!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Jamie Redknapp has described us as spineless tonight on Sky Sports.....how rude....true but very rude

The most accurate description of us ever. Perhaps instead of crying on twitter these spineless useless ****wits should go out there and prove the doubters wrong, play an absolute blinder against the toon.

Then, then of course there is Faes...were ****ed! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smudger63 said:

There was a time I would have been raging that an outsider talked about my club like that, but not at the moment.

He is 100 per cent right with bells on. They ARE spineless!  I'm not sure I've seen a more demotivated set of Leicester players in my 50 years of going down the City.  Even the McClintock and Taylor mobs had a bit of heart, they just wasn't very good. 

This lot are, although a team on the decline, are better than a bottom 3 side, and we can rightfully blame Rodgers, and those that are running the club, but especially in recent weeks, as the season end gets nearer, the majority of this rabble of players, have shown no heart and no desire. They have been a disgrace, no one more so, than the guy who we always thought would be held in the highest esteem, after his FA Cup winning goal. 

My thoughts entirely, every time I hear anyone from the media put the boot into our players it almost cheers me up, I feel myself willing them on to verbally rip them and the club to shreds. This team of players and board have seriously tarnished my pride in the Leicester City football club this season.

Edited by jonathan_ross

17 hours ago, ealingfox said:

How is De Zerbi up for manager of the year over Gary O'Neil? He took over Brighton in 4th, they're now 6th. The carry on is as if he took them over in the bottom 3 and put them up there.

I can seriously see Brighton replicating our current season sooner than expected.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

I can seriously see Brighton replicating our current season sooner than expected.

Tony Bloom would have sacked Rodgers last season as our underlying metrics nosedived, they manage their contracts well, they sign promising players from all over the globe. It's not going to happen. Their Belgian club have absolutely flourished since they took them over. KP's got promoted and they've been treading water ever since.

• Like 3

Wolves manager talking about FFP restricting them. Going to be so tough for mid table sides to get up there soon to compete, the Everton situation will spook so many until it is done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Wolves manager talking about FFP restricting them. Going to be so tough for mid table sides to get up there soon to compete, the Everton situation will spook so many until it is done.

I’d happily put a bet on that absolutely nothing gets done with Everton. As with Man City, the news will just fade away and the powers that be will hope everyone forgets about it. 

• Like 1

We're not in any trouble with FFP. It's a red herring to stop clubs holding us to ransom. Before last summer we had zero net spend for 2 seasons at least, and we made a profit in 20/21.

We're going to be losing several players this summer due to players being moved on and contracts coming to an end. Those transfer funds and reduced wage bill will negate any issues until the 2024 summer signings. 

20 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

It'll be over by half time next Monday.

Half time 🤨 more like 15 mins, The Toon will surely put that final nail in the old coffin, and then we can all go about our lives, planning for the matches in the  Championship, thanks to LCFC.com, Top, Rudkin, BR, S&S, and a number of unfit, lack lustre, dont care players. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

Tony Bloom would have sacked Rodgers last season as our underlying metrics nosedived, they manage their contracts well, they sign promising players from all over the globe. It's not going to happen. Their Belgian club have absolutely flourished since they took them over. KP's got promoted and they've been treading water ever since.

Give it time it’ll be his next gig.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Will either spook them or give them a golden ticket to overspend like Everton if  no action is taken.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

We're not in any trouble with FFP. It's a red herring to stop clubs holding us to ransom. Before last summer we had zero net spend for 2 seasons at least, and we made a profit in 20/21.

We're going to be losing several players this summer due to players being moved on and contracts coming to an end. Those transfer funds and reduced wage bill will negate any issues until the 2024 summer signings. 

I know you aren't. My point was more that clubs will be more careful until the Everton situation is resolved (which will probably be some years away yet) and I read about your club earlier so used that example.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lcfcfoz said:

Hammers make final. A result for us finally. Defo b team hammers

We would have been better off West Ham losing, they have something still to play for this season. If they had lost they'd have mentally checked out this season with just us to play.

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We would have been better off West Ham losing, they have something still to play for this season. If they had lost they'd have mentally checked out this season with just us to play.

Ermmmmm they play Leeds on sunday before us