Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, FosseSpark said:

our only hope is it plays out as below.

Leeds and Everton lose their away fixtures this weekend; Everton 32 points (-25 GD), Leeds 31 points (-26 GD)

We miraculously don't lose by more than 4 at Newcastle. Leicester 30 points (-22 GD)

Everton draw v Bournemouth on last day; Everton 33 points (-25 GD), Leeds do no better than draw vs Spurs - Leeds 32 points (-26 GD)

We somehow manage to beat West Ham and stay up on goal difference - Leicester  33 points (-21 GD)

waaayyyyyy too many variables there for us to stay up and that's why the bookies are so heavy against us. 

the least likely part of all the above being us only losing by 4 at Newcastle on Monday!!

I could see this playing out but we will absolutely not beat West Ham if there’s pressure there. These lot cannot handle it. 

2 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Ermmmmm they play Leeds on sunday before us

I know but they either play Leeds after losing and still not quite mathematically safe or play them still on a high and celebrating which may be even worse for us.

43 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I could see this playing out but we will absolutely not beat West Ham if there’s pressure there. These lot cannot handle it. 

This is exactly it.

If we’re relegated by the last game of the season I’ll be putting my house on us winning though. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I would happily take a last  day do or die v West ham.

Simplify it for these dumb fücks. MUST WIN

All this season has been pissed away on the attitude there are still points to be won/others will drop points.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

Leeds and Everton lose their away fixtures this weekend; Everton 32 points (-25 GD), Leeds 31 points (-26 GD)

We miraculously don't lose by more than 4 at Newcastle. Leicester 30 points (-22 GD)

Everton draw v Bournemouth on last day; Everton 33 points (-25 GD), Leeds do no better than draw vs Spurs - Leeds 32 points (-26 GD)

We somehow manage to beat West Ham and stay up on goal difference - Leicester  33 points (-21 GD)

waaayyyyyy too many variables there for us to stay up and that's why the bookies are so heavy against us. 

the least likely part of all the above being us only losing by 4 at Newcastle on Monday!!

Not only are we not capable of getting a result at Newcastle,  Everton and Leeds will more than likely get something before we go to St James’s Park. 

It's done, we are down.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corky said:

Wolves manager talking about FFP restricting them. Going to be so tough for mid table sides to get up there soon to compete, the Everton situation will spook so many until it is done.

I think Everton and ourselves will be things that spook many.

Everton obviously chucking money on stupid players and seeing where it's taken them. Whilst we dared to dream, bought stupidly for a window or two and now majorly struggling 

3 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

That would be ideal, but i see Everton getting points from Wolves and Bournemouth. 

I wonder if West Ham will rest players (they play Fiorentina in UEFA conference league final on june 7th) when we play them?

2 hours ago, Royston. said:

All this season has been pissed away on the attitude there are still points to be won/others will drop points.

Even IF we had a chance of staying up by having to beat WH you just know we wouldn't /couldn't do it!!... We're so mentally weak. 

Bournemouth was must win
Leeds was must win
Everton was must win

Fulham was must win.

Liverpool was must win.

It's been simplified. Repeatedly. They can't handle it and some of them have no interest in busting a nut, pulling a hamstring or risking their next move by trying.

I could almost guarantee Forest, Everton & Leeds picking up absolutely nothing in the final two games and then us doing likewise just to hammer it home that we had this whole situation in our own hands and when repeatedly given the chance to grab a life jacket we tossed it away.

• Like 3

This is the same scenario we bottled top 4 twice though! For all the terrible form we had towards the end, we just needed to win the final game at home. And we failed on both occasions. This team can't handle it

Edited by HybridFox

4 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

By these results, we could lose 8-0 to Newcastle and stay up!

I think the Everton-Wolves match is the lynchpin to any possible dramatic shifts of fortune.  For ourselves or Leeds to have a chance to stay up Wolves will need to surprise and win that match.

13 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

Leeds and Everton can draw too. Which would still mean we can climb out of the bottom three with a victory over Newcastle. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I think the Everton-Wolves match is the lynchpin to any possible dramatic shifts of fortune.  For ourselves or Leeds to have a chance to stay up Wolves will need to surprise and win that match.

I think Leeds, Everton and even Forest will win this weekend meaning we have to beat Newcastle to stay alive. I can’t see us winning and we’ll be relegated officially by 21:55 on Monday 22nd May. 

Let’s stop kidding ourselves that a combination of if, if and if gives us the remote chance of getting out of this. 

There have been six or seven must or need to win games in the last two months. We’ve only won one of them. 

Our players are brittle mentally, we don’t compete like our rivals do. Why is that going to change now ??? 

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

It wouldn't be a surprise though would it?

We've won 4 out of our last 7 games. All those 4 have come at home to decent teams (Villa, Palace, Brentford, Chelsea) and all have been won with clean sheets. Against Villa we weren't mathematically safe but were pretty much guaranteed by that point. 

Everton have won once in their last 9. And that was a freak result away at Bournemouth. Before that their last away win was in OCTOBER. 

Not saying that it's a foregone conclusion today given the circumstances, but it's certainly not going to be as easy as some people think for Everton. Bookies have them as slight favourites which is very generous. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 2