Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It wouldn't be a surprise though would it?

We've won 4 out of our last 7 games. All those 4 have come at home to decent teams (Villa, Palace, Brentford, Chelsea) and all have been won with clean sheets. 

Everton have won once in their last 9. And that was a freak result away at Bournemouth. Before that their last away win was in OCTOBER. 

Not saying that it's a foregone conclusion today given the circumstances, but it's certainly not going to be as easy as some people think for Everton. Bookies have them as slight favourites which is very generous. 

You see this is what we’re worried about, your heads already on the beach.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Leeds and Everton can draw too. Which would still mean we can climb out of the bottom three with a victory over Newcastle. 

Losing by less than 5 would be a decent result for us at St James’s

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It wouldn't be a surprise though would it?

We've won 4 out of our last 7 games. All those 4 have come at home to decent teams (Villa, Palace, Brentford, Chelsea) and all have been won with clean sheets. Against Villa we weren't mathematically safe but were pretty much guaranteed by that point. 

Everton have won once in their last 9. And that was a freak result away at Bournemouth. Before that their last away win was in OCTOBER. 

Not saying that it's a foregone conclusion today given the circumstances, but it's certainly not going to be as easy as some people think for Everton. Bookies have them as slight favourites which is very generous. 

Wolves have been excellent at home since the new year. I’m a little surprised that so many people are just assuming Everton will win. Last home game of the season for you guys, and I’m pretty sure you won’t just want to roll over and be beaten, especially after having a disappointing season yourselves by your standards. 

I think Everton will get a draw at most.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

You see this is what we’re worried about, your heads already on the beach.

I think that's an overused trope. The manager won't want them to take their foot off the gas in the final home game in front of the fans, and the club makes £2.2m per league placing. Yes you get complacent performances occasionally this time of the season, but it's not like teams just stroll around not trying. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Pliskin said:

Wolves have been excellent at home since the new year. I’m a little surprised that so many people are just assuming Everton will win. Last home game of the season for you guys, and I’m pretty sure you won’t just want to roll over and be beaten, especially after having a disappointing season yourselves by your standards. 

I think Everton will get a draw at most.

EFZ 

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I think that's an overused trope. The manager won't want them to take their foot off the gas in the final home game in front of the fans, and the club makes £2.2m per league placing. Yes you get complacent performances occasionally this time of the season, but it's not like teams just stroll around not trying. 

Chill, my comment was because they went and got the shock win away at Brighton not Bournemouth :P

• Haha 1

I would think Wolves would still want to finish as high as possible Bournemouth and WHU could overtake them if they lose and that would cost them £4mill

• Like 1

Just now, davieG said:

I would think Wolves would still want to finish as high as possible Bournemouth and WHU could overtake them if they lose and that would cost them £4mill

At this rate we'll end up getting just £4 or £6mill in total compared to our £24mill for eighth last year's equivalent.

14 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

our only hope is it plays out as below.

Leeds and Everton lose their away fixtures this weekend; Everton 32 points (-25 GD), Leeds 31 points (-26 GD)

We miraculously don't lose by more than 4 at Newcastle. Leicester 30 points (-22 GD)

Everton draw v Bournemouth on last day; Everton 33 points (-25 GD), Leeds do no better than draw vs Spurs - Leeds 32 points (-26 GD)

We somehow manage to beat West Ham and stay up on goal difference - Leicester  33 points (-21 GD)

waaayyyyyy too many variables there for us to stay up and that's why the bookies are so heavy against us. 

the least likely part of all the above being us only losing by 4 at Newcastle on Monday!!

Ok, here’s the solution if things before the final day play out as you have put.

Half time in the West Ham game, let’s say we are level or a goal down because our little softies can’t handle the pressure.

Tell them at half time that Everton and Leeds are both 3 goals up and watch them go out and win the game second half with the pressure off. Meanwhile Everton and Leeds aren’t winning at all and we stay up?

:thumbup:

23 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Check who Everton beat, I mean yes it was a south coast side starting with B so close :whistle:

Maybe Wolves are not on the beach yet but The Bear is lol

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You've not seen us lately then?

Guest Col city fan

Have a feeling in my water (don’t think it’s an STD?) that Everton are gonna do Wolves over.

I think Arsenal may draw at the Florists too..

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I mean you can see why we'd think teams do that right?

I've noticed a weird psychological effect going on over the past few weeks. After each damaging defeat and resulting acceptance of relegation, the closer we get to the next game the more optimistic some fans seem to become!

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

I think that's an overused trope. The manager won't want them to take their foot off the gas in the final home game in front of the fans, and the club makes £2.2m per league placing. Yes you get complacent performances occasionally this time of the season, but it's not like teams just stroll around not trying

You do know which fans forum you're on? lol

So Man City could win the title today. Can honestly say I don't care!

Man City total domination of the Premier League is not something I'll miss about it when we are likely in the Championship next season.

Arsenal made it interesting but Man City are unstoppable.

6 huge games remaining this season. Wins for Wolves and West Ham this weekend will ensure we go to the final day.

Newcastle away will be tough but, if Villa can get something at Anfield they have already qualified for the Champions League.

I for one will remain hopeful until the fat lady has sang and it’s mathematically impossible for us to stay up. So for today, come in Villa, Wolves and Arsenal!

• Like 2