Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

I think that's an overused trope. The manager won't want them to take their foot off the gas in the final home game in front of the fans, and the club makes £2.2m per league placing. Yes you get complacent performances occasionally this time of the season, but it's not like teams just stroll around not trying. 

Think Wolves will be due another 5 million if Forest stay up.  Part of Gibbs-White transfer add-ons.   Hopefully another incentive to beat Everton. 

4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Think Wolves will be due another 5 million if Forest stay up.  Part of Gibbs-White transfer add-ons.   Hopefully another incentive to beat Everton. 

If true, surely that would be an incentive for them to roll over against Everton in the hope of getting Forest relegated? :whistle:

• Like 1

Great example of choosing a match weeks ago when the world was different by BT/ TNT today.

Can Tottenham consolidate 7th? Whilst top four and relegation games aren't on TV.

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

Great example of choosing a match weeks ago when the world was different by BT/ TNT today.

Can Tottenham consolidate 7th? Whilst top four and relegation games aren't on TV.

Be nice if spurs finished 8th, and Brendan does join them. No European footie and the rebuild he always wanted whilst losing their best assets. Going to be a tough season for him there next year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Send off goal?

Wouldn’t surprise me, Kane won’t win anything at spurs and he is wasting his time lol at least he can claim he played for a team that did win the PL and FA Cup 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Tuna said:

So Man City could win the title today. Can honestly say I don't care!

Man City total domination of the Premier League is not something I'll miss about it when we are likely in the Championship next season.

Arsenal made it interesting but Man City are unstoppable.

Actually..Arsenal lost it..IMHO. 2-3 games of lack of concentration.They & their media..!!    got above themselves…

Man.city are not yet doing a consistent seasons of Bayern.M.

EPL, still has its fly in the ointment group of clubs,that upset the odds..

No English club thankfully has ripped a 5-6 season of success  boredom..

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

OMG…thankfully just 2 days left of pain,and the descision & chance will be ripped

asunder…

Then we can enjoy ,life holidays, and prepare for next season in the….

:dunno::dunno:…..or. :dunno::dunno:

Defo The Championship. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

It wouldn't be a surprise though would it?

We've won 4 out of our last 7 games. All those 4 have come at home to decent teams (Villa, Palace, Brentford, Chelsea) and all have been won with clean sheets. Against Villa we weren't mathematically safe but were pretty much guaranteed by that point. 

Everton have won once in their last 9. And that was a freak result away at Bournemouth. Before that their last away win was in OCTOBER. 

Not saying that it's a foregone conclusion today given the circumstances, but it's certainly not going to be as easy as some people think for Everton. Bookies have them as slight favourites which is very generous. 

Wolves at home is crucial in your game, stops the players meekly surrendering in their flip flops which is a possibility if away.

4 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Let’s stop kidding ourselves that a combination of if, if and if gives us the remote chance of getting out of this. 

There have been six or seven must or need to win games in the last two months. We’ve only won one of them. 

Our players are brittle mentally, we don’t compete like our rivals do. Why is that going to change now ??? 

And yet here we are with more chances still only 2pts from safety. 

How many minutes before Wout farce drops another clanger and we concede the first goal and the team folds like a paper.

these guys just can’t keep it together Long enough for our attack to get something at the other end. If I played up top I too would feel demoralized like Vardy. He seemed exasperated in his post match interview. I would love to hear what Vardy would really like to say about our defense. Should be some choice words involved!

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I doubt very much they want 7th place….

Maybe or maybe not, but they could still go into that last game with a chance of 6th and Europa League qualification.

Brighton have played 2 games fewer, but their last 2 games are Man City H & Villa A.

Of course, Spurs have no realistic chance of 6th if they go all Spursy and fail to beat Brentford. :D

Just now, TJQuik said:

I know many people seem to dislike him but Kane will transform any team he goes to if he moves this summer. 28 goals for an absolutely turgid Spurs side.

I'd imagine it'll be United