Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

I think that's an overused trope. The manager won't want them to take their foot off the gas in the final home game in front of the fans, and the club makes £2.2m per league placing. Yes you get complacent performances occasionally this time of the season, but it's not like teams just stroll around not trying. 

a quick search on here says you’ve used that “overused trope” about your own side, make your mind up brother

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'd imagine it'll be United 

Needs to go to Bayern, realistic chance of winning domestic and european trophies.  At Man Utd his best chance of silverware is a FA Cup or Europa League

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

I think that's an overused trope. The manager won't want them to take their foot off the gas in the final home game in front of the fans, and the club makes £2.2m per league placing. Yes you get complacent performances occasionally this time of the season, but it's not like teams just stroll around not trying. 

I think you'll find that's a redundant pleonastic tautology

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Three great goals in this match. As it stands Brentford are two points behind Europe league spots and one point behind a conference league place.

I wouldn't grudge Brentford a European tour - they certainly deserve it more than Spurs.

Likewise, I hope Brighton take the second Europa League place.

Little chance of that for Brentford as Brighton are at home to Southampton tomorrow - surely they win that, even if they lose to Man City and Villa.

• Like 2

I think the missed opportunity for us was Villa and Bournemouth. If we had actually got Smith in then, so he had an international break to work with the squad, we probably would have got 6 points from those two games and it would have put some distance between us and the bottom three, and set the the tone for the final push. Instead we dithered, left it too late and Smith came in when we were essentially ****ed. 

Just the cherry on top of a cake made up of ingredients that are continual mistakes. 

When teachers tell you off for leaning back on your chair because you’ll fall off, the negligent ones carry on, and eventually topple over. 

• Like 1