Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, Nalis said:

Dont want to be too harsh on Ryan Mason as he seems like a honest, nice guy.

Wondering how many times he can say "It's the premier league" or "sustain for 95miniutes" in an interview. We're on 3 of each so far 

29 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think the missed opportunity for us was Villa and Bournemouth. If we had actually got Smith in then, so he had an international break to work with the squad, we probably would have got 6 points from those two games and it would have put some distance between us and the bottom three, and set the the tone for the final push. Instead we dithered, left it too late and Smith came in when we were essentially ****ed. 

Just the cherry on top of a cake made up of ingredients that are continual mistakes. 

When teachers tell you off for leaning back on your chair because you’ll fall off, the negligent ones carry on, and eventually topple over. 

Definitely, absolutely this was the pivotal moment for the club and they dithered yet again.

Even as late as Palace, they could have changed it but yet again they messed it up - the idea we'd see the season out with S&S was ludicrous.

Not sure we'd have got 6 points from Villa and Bournemouth but I'm certain we'd not have lost both games.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Actually..Arsenal lost it..IMHO. 2-3 games of lack of concentration.They & their media..!!    got above themselves…

Man.city are not yet doing a consistent seasons of Bayern.M.

EPL, still has its fly in the ointment group of clubs,that upset the odds..

No English club thankfully has ripped a 5-6 season of success  boredom..

Have to disagree with you, most Arsenal fans I know did not truly believe we would finish above Man City.  We have played poorly recently, as some players seem to be running in treacle, but we were the only team to offer them a challenge , otherwise they would have wrapped the title up weeks ago! 

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Let’s face it, the standard of the premier league has been ****ing dog shit this season… the overall quality has been declining for a while I think, anyone outside of that top 8 clubs are just average, some being more average than others, and some being downright shit. 

I mean, Newcastle aren’t even that good, the team they have now wouldn’t have beaten us under Rodgers at his and our best, I wonder what has contributed to it? 

Is the modern game crating footballing robots that just do the same things? Roll back the clock even just a few years the consistency throughout the league was erratic, made for a much more entertaining league. Everyone just plays the same way, Man City are amazing at it, and the other teams just get a little bit worse the further you go down the table, until you get to the arse hole of the premier league and find dingleberries like us trying to cling onto life. Turning up and pissing around for 90 minutes like a bunch of unfit middle aged men playing 5 aside with their work mates.  

Desire and hunger, quality counts for little if you have neither of  the other.

Guest nathan.
3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Can't disagree enough here, £300m spent over 2 seasons, you'd expect them to be there or there abouts. 

Gary O'neil dragging a frankly shite b'mouth team to midtable having been bottom for so long. 

Howe took Newcastle from relegation fodder to the CL in one season.

A lot of those players after the relegation scare are still in the 11.

Really need a Wolves win today, this is a much more crucial game for us than the Forest one.

Wolves win and even if we lost to Newcastle it would force them to beat Bournemouth last game of the season to guarantee finishing above us.

3 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

For me l, bottleitham not making europe will take away a little bit of the pain of us getting relegated. 

How on earth can Spurs not making Europe soften the blow of relegation? Sure that makes things even more embarrassing for us? We’ve won more than spurs recently, and no matter how shit they are we are the ones going down? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nathan. said:

Half of their first choice 11

schar

joelinton 

wilson 

almiron

willock 

the new players

pope

trippier

burn

botman

isak

guimares 

we beat them 4-0 dec 21

we could field the same team now (kasper apart) that played. But those new six players are all big successes for them. 

1 minute ago, nathan. said:

The team that faced brighton - Pope, Botman and Isak signed this season 

Signed in Jan 22 - Trippier, Dan Burn, Bruno G.

Over half of the starting 11, and majority of their key players minus Wilson and Joelinton have signed since their huge takeover at the start of last year. 

£300 million since Jan '22 - I'd bloody well expect a team to move from near the bottom to around the european places for that. 

You're also ignoring the fact Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs have all been crap this year.

• Like 1