Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

If Everton and Forest lose today, would it not be the best to park the bus against Newcastle and go for the draw?

Preferably not. Even though I’m resigned to it, ideally we’d like it in our own hands. It would be typical that we win and be about the only time we are relying on others and that doesn’t go our way. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I still think they'll beat Bournemouth at home. The West Ham game is a 100% must win for you. 

Probably tempting a Gray/Maupay masterclass but Calvert Lewin makes a massive difference to Everton. Think if they can't turn this round today they are in massive trouble (with Leeds taking advantage, not our shower)

Edited by martyn

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Wouldn't make any difference. You'd still be a point behind Everton and hoping they don't beat Bournemouth. You still have to beat West Ham. 

a point against newcastle, and forest are ones to look at, they have Palace last game, that won't be easy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Wouldn't make any difference. You'd still be a point behind Everton and hoping they don't beat Bournemouth. You still have to beat West Ham. 

I don’t know how anybody could make a logical case that we don’t have to beat West Ham?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

I wonder what we’ll all be thinking at 2000 after Everton and Forest , although I’ve accepted relegation that little bit in you keeps going ‘you never know’ 

But we do know really. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Obviously we have to beat West Ham that's a given but a point against Newcastle is a great result for us if Forest lose. 

22 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not sure if Newcastle in celebration mode is better or worse than them playing under pressure. We will make it so easy for them it doesn't really matter :(

It’s probably the worst possible time to play them and said that a few times about Leicester fixtures this season. They’re going to want to go out on their last home game putting on a show if they’re already in or not.

Not that it matters that much as it should have been a good time to play Fulham and we ballsed that up.